• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Save_Me_Mind

Save_Me_Mind

Sep 15, 2023
I'm curious, what's the most traumatic/depressing thing you've ever witnessed or heard about?

Mine would be my best friend killing themselves while I was unconscious from barely surviving my attempt (SN). Another would be everyone slowly leaving, one by one, without a care, nor have any reason to tell. For that leads to delusion, and confusion that allows you to go crazy -> Dissociative Amnesia -> Desensitization, which then lead myself to having schizophrenia. Simply when you're at your lowest and on the verge of death from sickness and no ones there...

halleyscomet

halleyscomet

halley
Mar 26, 2024
For me my trauma isn't one singular thing, it's a collection of stuff that adds up over time.

I guess the most traumatising thing through my childhood was neglect and dv. I was never given any attention, when I cried I was spanked or locked up in my room for hours, no matter the reason for my tears. I was never taught basic bodily care, I was a family therapist to my parents who hated each other. I tried to kill myself in front of my parents at the age of 9 and they laughed. My future attempts resulting in them screaming that they wished I was never born or that the attempt worked.

At school I was bullied for being autistic, not being diagnosed until later on due to the neglect. My depression left undiagnosed too until I had to beg for a diagnosis after literally like 4/5 suicide attempts.

But I suppose recent trauma it's been my ex. He sa'd me nearly daily and I didn't even realise it was wrong until after I broke up with him for other reasons. I gave him everything and he destroyed my life, I don't think I'll ever be able to date another man, or at the very least be intimate with one ever again.

Nothing superrrr bad has happened to me I've just been very unloved and unsupported my entire life, I suppose it's just the reality of our society nowadays.

Upvote 0
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
My list is long, but a few stand out.

As far as depressing/traumatizing experiences:
1) Holding my mother's hand while watching her take her last breath
2) Watching as life support for my father was removed and him taking his last breath
3) Holding my sister's hand while watching her take her last breath
4) Watching a very dear friend take his last breath
5) Watching my cousin (like my brother) take his last breath
6) Hearing on the morning news that my ex-gf had been beaten to death on her head with a frying pan by her husband
7) Being woke up in someone else's bed with a gun to my head (just traumatic)
8) Having to have my dog euthanized

Upvote 0
G

gazap

Dec 3, 2023
the one thing which messed with my mind was when a friend sent me videos from gore sites. Witnessing people's disregard towards another's life was heartbreaking. There was so much violence and hatred in those videos that it changed me as a person. I'll never forgive him for sending me those videos.
My list is long, but a few stand out.

As far as depressing/traumatizing experiences:
1) Holding my mother's hand while watching her take her last breath
2) Watching as life support for my father was removed and him taking his last breath
3) Holding my sister's hand while watching her take her last breath
4) Watching a very dear friend take his last breath
5) Watching my cousin (like my brother) take his last breath
6) Hearing on the morning news that my ex-gf had been beaten to death on her head with a frying pan by her husband
7) Being woke up in someone else's bed with a gun to my head (just traumatic)
8) Having to have my dog euthanized
reading this really saddened me. You've had to endure so much trauma and heartache and I'm sorry for that. I hope you find peace

Upvote 0
cupcakesandmilk

cupcakesandmilk

??/??/20??
Oct 10, 2023
My experience is relatively tame compared to others, but for me, it had to be witnessing my parents fight one another almost every couple of months when I was <11; it would usually build up over 3–4 days before I would wake up to the sound of yelling at midnight. I remember at one point it got so bad, or at least I got so fed up with it, that I'd pray to God every chance I got to get them to stop fighting, and towards the end of it, I'd just lock myself in the bathroom and turn on the water so that I wouldn't have to listen to them yell all that horrible stuff to one another.

Surprisingly, God did listen to me, and they pretty much stopped completely once I passed primary school; though, IIRC, my habit of praying did persist for a couple of years after that. I'm kinda thankful since it could've been much worse...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
manic-dream

manic-dream

Mar 22, 2024
For me, the most depressing thing for me is that my grandma and grandpa that I was really close to died within the same year from cancer. I was 12 and for my grandma she died while I was inpatient so I couldn't be with her, I just got told and couldn't even cry for some reason. I couldn't go to her ash burial either. I could go to my grandpas memorial though but it was terrible because a family member who did something to me as kids was there so I was uncomfortable.

Haven't dealt with a close death since though.

Upvote 0
ScroogeMcDeath

ScroogeMcDeath

Mar 28, 2024
My mom died when I was 16 from lung cancer, I was her primary caregiver as she was on hospice at home. It wasn't until she started seizing that I noticed I had been giving her 5x the prescribed dose of a new medication. I feel like I killed her tbh. She didn't want a funeral, no adult obeyed her wishes and had one anyway. Afterwards we went to Grandma's and the house was packed. Nobody even acknowledged us, the children of the deceased. We only stayed like 10 minutes before leaving. The funeral was an excuse for a family reunion.

Then my one sister took custody of me and my brother so she could take mom's Section 8 and move in. She had 4 kids at the time, out of control. They ran around tearing up all my mom's books and furniture. Sister would be gone for days at a time and come back like nothing happened. She used us for Section 8, babysitting, and SSI money. This was really traumatic on its own, let alone immediately following the death of a parent.

Upvote 0
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
Hearing the fear in my dads voice when he would tell me he couldn't bear to lose me all of the times I was in the hospital and would tell him I was going to kill my self no matter what. That is why I no longer tell him that I'm depressed or struggling, I can't put him through that any more.

Being restrained in psych wards 5 times. One of them included large security guards ripping my pants off of my before they pinned me to the floor and gave me shots to sedate me. I had done nothing wrong. Another involved pinning me against a fall and pushing my body forward in a position known to have killed people before. It makes you throw up. They held me there for an hour interrogating me to get me to "process what I had done to get myself in this situation". I had done nothing wrong and kept telling them as such. After an hour they legally had to let me go.

My mother telling me on Thanksgiving day at 16 years old that she didn't tell people she had a younger daughter, admitting to me she basically lived her life like I didn't exist.

Having a brief moment of consciousness in the middle of my cardiac arrest from SN. My only memory is hearing my dad yelling into the phone "send an ambulance, she's not breathing". Then everything goes out again.

Upvote 0
L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
When I developed my chronic mysterious ailment. In just a few days it will be 10 whole years since the onset of the condition. That's a long fucking time!

To quote the venerable @KuriGohan&Kamehameha, developing a malady of unclear etiology is one of the worst things that can befall you. It's even worse when it's a neurological/brain problem because that system is the least understood and is most likely to be conflated with "mental illness".

Upvote 0
Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
i tired so hard and got so far
but in the end,
it doesn't even matter
i had to fall to lose it all
but in the end,
it doesn't even matter

the loneliest moment in someone's life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blanky

Upvote 0
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
I think for me it was:
1) Hearing my mother screaming when she was put in a wheel chair and me touching her cold cheek while she looked at the distance. I was 13 and she died that day
2) Putting my cat to sleep and seeing the life leave her eyes
3) Hearing my father have sex with his awful girlfriend and me having the urge to jump off the window. Stopped myself when I was hanging at the edge.
4) Hearing voices non stop for years, one of them my personal bully
5) Being told bluntly and uncaringly that my grandma had died
6) Terror from feeling objects around me are evil and want to hurt me

Upvote 0
jenny6391bubbles

jenny6391bubbles

a hikikomori waiting to catch the bus
Mar 1, 2021
getting mistreated by a housekeeper, which made me chronically unstable. this instablility made my boyfriend break up with me. because of that, i tried to casually date and ended up having blackmail material stored by an ugly fratman and also raped by said fratman.

everything keeps getting worse and worse and i just want to ctb so badly.

Upvote 0
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
From reading this thread, I've had a thought. Why do people have children if their children will inevitably have to see them die? Most parents will die before their kids, and they don't care about how their kids will be traumatized by this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
S

scottyy

Feb 17, 2024
I feel like mentioning the worst stuff I saw.
Serious heads up to people who don't want to hear about nasty stuff. It's pretty gross.

First I'll mention something in childhood. My alcoholic aunt used to babysit me all the time, and she was bad at it. I'll start off with smaller stuff and get to the worst. She would cook crappy meals and force us to eat them. And thats if she wasn't too hungover to cook. One time she slept all day and I fed myself with raw hotdogs while watching survivorman lol. She would yell at us if we didn't like the crappy food she made. At least one time that I can remember she held us hostage at the kitchen table while she had a full on meltdown and went around pacing and screaming. Nobody else was around for at least an hour but it felt longer than that. Eventually some other adults came by and sat her down and swore back at her until she shut up. Another thing that I think I memory suppressed was when her and my older brother held me down and duct taped me to the floor. She still kinda laughs about that and I find it alarming that I don't really remember it, I think I suppressed that memory. The worst thing she did to me though was force me to watch an obscure European scary movie with her about friends who get captured in the woods by cannibals and are forced to eat each other alive. I only saw maybe 15 minutes of it before she told me to shut my eyes while she fast forwarded through the film, and I just remeber hearing her say: "omg it gets so much worse, don't open your eyes" but by that point I already saw enough and what I remember seeing was a guys flesh being taken from his back and the others being fed soup which was revealed to have the meat from their friends back.
I'll mention this too since someone else mentioned it, but hearing one of my parents have sex every night for a little while really sucked. Don't want to tak about it lol.

But as an adult the worst thing I saw was on instragram. It was a gore video which at the time was uploaded minutes before me seeing it so there wasn't enough time for it to be taken down. The video was security cam footage of a man falling to his death feet first, but he landed on one of those car blockers and it went up his torso from his butt, and it appeared he was alive for a few moments. After seeing that, the walls started closing in and all blood left my brain and I threw my phone across the room while getting down so as not to hit my head when I fainted. I now faint at the sight (or even description) of certain violence.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
SoulCage

SoulCage

Dec 28, 2023
I would say that even a collection of "beareable" moments is depressing enough. But there was on thing that was a shocking experience.

It was intensified by a few things... 2 months before it happened, I graduated and the final exams (actually the whole final year) were really stressful. In those 2 months I claimed back some happiness in life, I had really good moments. Also, it happened the night before I visited an anime convention (which was important to me because I participated in a small creative competition and was waiting for the results).

I wanted to mention that because I was in a really positive place, when it happened.
So in the middle of the night, actually early morning, I was woken up by my phone's ringtone - my mum called. I was not at home, because I was sleeping at my boyfriend's. She said something happened to our cat... She said.. he has fallen out of the window (we lived on the 6th floor). And they are now at the emergency vet. But there is nothing they can do and he needs to be euthanized. That's when it hit me. He must have suffered already for hours before he even arrived at the vet. It's not an instant emergency service. I imagined how my clumsy mother would put his body in a basket and carry it to the vets clinic. Every movement being pain for him. My mind told me that I wanted to hold him one last time and I asked my mum if I can come to the clinic. She asked the question to the vet and I hear them say "this is not a good idea, your daughter shouldn't see the cat in this condition". It made my heart skip again. What condition? How bloody or deformed does he look? I was devastated and I don't know how the call ended. I couldn't sleep anymore and distracted myself with video games until it was time to go to the convention. Btw, I won first place at the competition.

My cat was really important to me, he would comfort me in my darkest times. He couldn't help me with words, but he helped me with his happy face and his playful mood. He has been there for me for years.

I still have nightmares about cats falling from windows or balconies - with the premise that I try to prevent it but I never succeed.

Upvote 0
weatherforecast

weatherforecast

Mar 16, 2024
Being screamed at and hit by my mom as far back as I can remember. She would hug me, apologize and do it all over again. Really depended on her mood, usually it would happen from basic stuff like not brushing my teeth after she asked once. I don't really know how to describe it, but she would basically tell me that I am useless and that she was going to kill herself because I could not do something so easy.
Also, hearing her say that she "might have had a couple of drinks" while my brother was pregnant. This kind of broke me because he is mentally challenged and she treats it like some joke.

A concussion I had that worsened my long term memory and visualization skills.

Surgeries I had that cosmetically ruined my body.

I guess just losing everything that I felt mattered. I used to be slightly above average in intelligence, but not after the concussion. And I can't lose myself in fantasy worlds anymore and since I've already grown up I can't delude myself into thinking that puberty will fix me, i.e. being attractive, smart, useful in any way at all.

Upvote 0
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
There have been too many fucked up things to count that I've had to witness in my lifetime, many of which happened during my childhood and messed with my already screwed up development. Warning in advance for graphic, disturbing, and slightly gory descriptions of the aforementioned horrors.

When I was around primary school age, a murder took place in my area. Because I grew up in such a small, secluded, village-like place everyone knows each other and the victim's children went to my school, their family members were friends with my father's girlfriend, everything is always connected when you come from a rural shithole and there is never any real sense of privacy. You always know everyone else's life story, whether you should or not.

Now, because of the connection between my father, his girlfriend, and the surviving family of the victim, I spent a lot of time with them because they were trusted to babysit me. For whatever reason, however, one day my father's girlfriend and her friend decided to take me and one of the other children to the house where the murder took place, because they were going to clean some things out of the place before it got sold or demolished.

My young mind never forget the police tape still littered around the house, the deep blood stains that penetrated the carpet (you could tell someone had attempted to scrub them away, but there was just so much blood everywhere) and the years out of date calendars and super market sales papers that were laying around as if no time had passed at all. I was deeply unsettled by this experience and it has stuck with me my entire life, because I just could not believe that other humans were capable of such sickening cruelty and seeing the effects of that first hand messed with my already sensitive psyche.

Shortly after this, my own father died. My father's side of the family tried to force me to attend the funeral, despite me being only 10 years old, but I had reservations about it because I didn't want my last memories of my father to be his dead body, especially when I had so many bad memories already of my father pulling a gun and trying to shoot himself or passing out drunk or disappearing for days at a time. I remember hearing some of the adults saying that an open casket funeral wouldn't be allowed due to how mangled the body was, and only a handful of people went to view the open coffin because of this solemn fact.

I had nightmares for weeks thinking about what my father may have looked like in his final moments. This fear resurfaced for me as a teenager, because I had to obtain my father's death certificate from the coroner as proof of lacking parental finances the first time I applied to university. Whenever I requested the documents, the autopsy report was given as well which described in gory detail all the greivious injuries my father suffered right before his death. It was so difficult for me to read this, even though it provided closure that my father died instantly and most likely did not suffer for very long.

I also had to often be a caretaker for my aunt as a child and spent a great deal of my life at her side, because she was very ill. Because of all of the health problems my aunt had she would frequently fall, and her joints and bones would pop out of the socket. There were so many times as a child where I would hear her fall and then the bloody murder screams of anguish while her body was crumpled on the floor.

Sometimes it would take the ambulances over half an hour to arrive so I would have to hear these screams non-stop for that long, unable to help, and witnessing these horrific scenes that looked like something out of a medical textbook rather than real life. Due to all of the treatments needed to keep her alive, my aunt had severe edema and gained over 200 pounds, had horrible scarring, discoloration, and skin problems all over her body, and barely resembled a human at certain points of her illness.

This agony was repeated for me again when my beloved grandfather died during my teenage years, because he faded away slowly and painfully over the course of a month. I cannot begin to describe how much it fucked me up to see my grandfather become unrecognisable, febrile, skin and bones, delirious to the point where he had cut into the plastic of his TV remote thinking it was an apple or a piece of wood he was whittling, in horrible pain, peeing all over the floor and my grandma breaking her back to care for him and put him in diapers, then eventually being able to make no noise except the death rattle. Which if you know this sound, the end is near.

Not death related, but I won't ever forget the feeling/sight of laying on the ground face down on my stomach, holding my breath, crawling on the floor and trying not to make a single sound so that the man who raped me wouldn't wake up and do it again while I was still bleeding. I won't ever forget the dehumanising and horrible things people said to me after it happened. I was only 18 years old and I crawled out of that house feeling as if I had aged a century.

This is not even counting all of the disgusting and messed up things I have seen on the internet, in medical and biological textbooks and papers I've had to read during my studies, or things I've read about secondhand. Only the things that I have seen in the flesh with my two eyes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
tbo

tbo

Apr 3, 2024
With me it is a collection of stuff:
1. Being a family therapist to extremely toxic parents at young age.

2. Watching that woman (I detest calling her mom), hiding kitchen knives each time she would have a fight with her husband. That was spine chilling, even now at age 36 when I think about it.

3. Being involved in a horrific fatal car crash and being inside the vehicle unable to move to save myself. The mind-blowing excruciating pain I experienced from multiple fractures.

4. Learning that my whole family are members of a very very messed up psychopath cult, with dark occult practices. Being attacked by dark entities I can't see but can only sense.

In retrospect, I now wish that both my dysfunctional parents had killed eachother when I was young. My life would have been challenging but not like this (multiple fractures and CPTSD).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Guess that I must have had ZERO bonding, not as a baby, not as a 3, 4, 5 year old... just not. These consequences are absolutely cruel and nobody who has not been through it can imagine, that's the second cruelty.
From my point of view it always seemed like everything must be possible if only you had bonding.

Upvote 0
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Guess that I must have had ZERO bonding, not as a baby, not as a 3, 4, 5 year old... just not. These consequences are absolutely cruel and nobody who has not been through it can imagine, that's the second cruelty.
From my point of view it always seemed like everything must be possible if only you had bonding.
What are the consequences? I don't think that I had bonding either. I think I'm probably dismissive avoidant. My mom was always emotionally unavailable and she didn't let me get close to her. My dad was emotionally unavailable as well and not even there (which is a good thing). Why do you think that everything must be possible if only you had bonding?

Upvote 0
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
What are the consequences? I don't think that I had bonding either. I think I'm probably dismissive avoidant
Hm its not even so easy to describe tbh. I think I m shattered into pieces. And I avoided relationships or closness for very long because I didn't even know what it was and how to behave and why to do it. On the other hand I was very submissive because I idealised certain people/men and let them use and abuse me.
Don't know it that is kind of an answer....
Hm ok, dismissive avoidant.... guess I had that very much, too when I was younger but as I said also the very submissive part. What I thought lately is that maybe I am an autist and it is well known that austistic babies can be "overly sensitive", cry a lot and need more devotion than "normal" babies (I hate to categorize its just to understand). So it might be more challenging for a mom to have a autistic baby, especially if she doesn't know it and doesn't know why she/he is so sensitve. Meaning autistic babies can be more prone to trauma and attachment disorder.
Do you know how the pregnancy, birth and early childhood was with you?

Upvote 0
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
The most traumatic thing that made me deeply depressed and suicidal ever happened to me was finally realizing that there is no way out of my big failure in life - that by itself is already traumatic for me. That lead to the fact that I prepared my method to kms and I also made an account here bc I felt so alone.

Upvote 0
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
oh I m sorry... missed the topic........

@sserafim that sounds alarming to me if your parents were not availabe emotionally. I had the same. It can seem from the outside that everything is fine, a so-called intact family, but there is big emotional neglect happening

Last edited:
Upvote 0
tsumihoroboshi

tsumihoroboshi

Lost Impact
Oct 31, 2023
i think i can try to list them i'll probably forget some though.

1 - severe CSA/incest that i'm still learning was traumatic because i could never grasp that it was traumatic at all. at the time it was just "something that happened". i had friends that made inside jokes about it. :)
2 - DV from my mom and many step-dads.
3 - getting kidnapped by my dad when i was a teenager. he did it before when i was a baby. our relationship now is fine. he doesn't know i know about the baby thing. he'd deny both every happened though.
4 - a few years ago my uncle getting a gun out at a family get-together and trying to shoot at us as my dad and other uncle held him off. it tore the family apart for a long while. i think some of us are okay now. some members still refuse to speak together to this day though.
5 - my (good) step-dad dying from cancer + inept as hell doctors. cancer topics don't trigger me though for a while i couldn't even hear about death for a while.
6 - my family's drug and gang issues that caused a lot of drama
7 - being arrested for being literally insane and having to be shackled while taken to a psych ward. it was dehumanising. i will never understand handcuff kinks.
8 - getting SA'd at the same psych ward that i'm just now realising was indeed SA.
9 - getting SA'd as a kid by another classmate.
10 - casual SA from my own immediate family because they sexualise my "exotic" body and curves (i'm mixed race).
11 - the deaths of MULTIPLE pets i've had or my family members have had and seeing their corpses even.
12 - emotional incest, having to be the rock my parent clings to and taking all that onto me
13 - the death of one of my sisters
14 - getting psychologically tormented by classmates at school before dropping out completely
15 - psychologically tormented/stalked by ex-friends who to this day won't leave me alone and will try to find any way to make just the worst thing ever
16 - witnessing my mother's and sister's mental breakdowns
17 - learning that my dad's side of the family have ties to black magic and whether or not that's to blame for all the stuff that happens to us, idk. i don't really know how much i believe about all that.
18 - a parent got black-out drunk and pushed me against a wall and tried to strangle me

i kinda don't count the gore and stuff i've seen online cause i kinda just didn't care about it.

Upvote 0
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Why do you think that everything must be possible if only you had bonding?
Because if you had bonding as a child you have a connection to yourself. I lack it competely. As soon as I m 2, 3 hours alone I depersonalize. Watch myself from the outside. I have no self-esteem ( that's also built with bonding, at least the basics).

Upvote 0