W

wheretfami

Oct 2, 2023
I'll make a separate post about what happens in life after we CTB. What do you think is after, or does it maybe not matter? I've had experiences that make me believe it's peaceful but I'm curious about others' ideas and if that effects your decision at all.

ToTheTwillight

ToTheTwillight

Experienced
May 19, 2023
The best answer is that no one knows. Some people have more interesting and coherent theories, but none are facts except that we don't know for sure.

Reactions: wheretfami
ddn.ctb

ddn.ctb

Waiting to step off in front of an audience
Sep 9, 2023
I think the choice is always between existing and non-existing. Dust to dust. Or more likely dust to compost.

not_telling

not_telling

Scared
Sep 9, 2023
What comes after means a lot to me. I belive firmly that there's nothing beyond this existence, and that we just stop working. If I had any sort of confirmation that that's not it, that there's an afterlife, I'd be going out to live it right now.

Reactions: Longwalk, wheretfami and k1w1
K

k1w1

Experienced
Feb 16, 2022
From experience with friends who did CTB, it is mostly about who has the job of dealing with it. Minimising hassles for any family or friends is a responsibility like cleaning up after oneself.
Wills should be written, these can be done as a DIY kit and ratified by a solicitor for $200. Clear any crap out of your living space. Box up and name that which you want gifted. But......I get the idea that you may be referring to matters less earthly. You die, your brain ceases to function & you cease to exist. Humans are very good at inventing baseless concepts to cover gaps in their understanding, or to allay fears. Even a few week's casual study of philosophy of mind & maybe some Christopher Hitchens critique of religion in advance of one's own death is not a waste of time. We live in a very religious world where blue people locked in sexual embrace; bearded sky-wizards who have a plan for each and everybody that ever lived; & recycled personalities, are seen as realities rather than traditions & beliefs.
Maybe you tell me what you think will happen to you upon your death, be it at your own hand or otherwise?

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and wheretfami
W

wheretfami

Oct 2, 2023
From experience with friends who did CTB, it is mostly about who has the job of dealing with it. Minimising hassles for any family or friends is a responsibility like cleaning up after oneself.
Wills should be written, these can be done as a DIY kit and ratified by a solicitor for $200. Clear any crap out of your living space. Box up and name that which you want gifted. But......I get the idea that you may be referring to matters less earthly. You die, your brain ceases to function & you cease to exist. Humans are very good at inventing baseless concepts to cover gaps in their understanding, or to allay fears. Even a few week's casual study of philosophy of mind & maybe some Christopher Hitchens critique of religion in advance of one's own death is not a waste of time. We live in a very religious world where blue people locked in sexual embrace; bearded sky-wizards who have a plan for each and everybody that ever lived; & recycled personalities, are seen as realities rather than traditions & beliefs.
Maybe you tell me what you think will happen to you upon your death, be it at your own hand
Yeah I'm not religious either. I'm way into the philosophy of it all too, but also the little science we do know; brain chemicals and psychology. I think there's a really crazy DMT trip, for however long, then whatever else--could be anything or nothing.

Like you know the ending of Pan's Labyrinth, when the little girl dies, and she sees a kingdom and she "ruled forever and ever" alongside loved ones? Something like that. And what you see is based on who you are at your core, just like how your dreams are influenced by your waking life (that DMT again!)

I'm also always intrigued by near- death experiences as well. They're often different, sometimes similar, and you can kind of relate it to their beliefs, or perhaps personality.

There's so much to consider

Last edited:
Reactions: k1w1
W

wheretfami

Oct 2, 2023
The best answer is that no one knows. Some people have more interesting and coherent theories, but none are facts except that we don't know for sure.
That's where I'm at, I have no idea what does happen. It could even be different for everyone. I'm just so interested in the concept of death, including my own, and I like to hear all different ideas. Could be anything, I guess.

Last edited:
L

Longwalk

Jul 5, 2023
What comes after means a lot to me. I belive firmly that there's nothing beyond this existence, and that we just stop working. If I had any sort of confirmation that that's not it, that there's an afterlife, I'd be going out to live it right now.
Yes exactly!! I believe when your dead your dead, that's it there is nothing else.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I very strongly believe death to just be an dreamless eternal sleep, free from the curse that is having the ability to exist. The thought of eternal nothingness comforts me so much as in death there is no need for anything and one cannot suffer from not existing, instead they are at peace. Only the permanent relief from all harm and suffering could ever appeal to me, I despise this futile and unnecessary existence that I never had a need for in the first place, I only wish for nothingness.

Davey36000

Davey36000

I'm not the dog in the picture
Jun 12, 2023
You remember that you were God (and so is everything and everyone).

That is what happens.

sunsetting

sunsetting

Jun 9, 2021
The same thing that happens when you faint. (I hope!) Wouldn't want to experience life 2. Or worse… eternity.

• Love
W

wheretfami

Oct 2, 2023
You remember that you were God (and so is everything and everyone).

That is what happens.
Have you ever heard the story of "The Egg"? It's similar to that, but in the sense that you *become* one. It's life- positive, so not really the vibe, but It just reminded me of the story and that is kinda neat. ADHD to the max.
The same thing that happens when you faint. (I hope!) Wouldn't want to experience life 2. Or worse… eternity.
Yeah idk if a conscious eternity would be fun, especially if I'm reborn.
I very strongly believe death to just be an dreamless eternal sleep, free from the curse that is having the ability to exist. The thought of eternal nothingness comforts me so much as in death there is no need for anything and one cannot suffer from not existing, instead they are at peace. Only the permanent relief from all harm and suffering could ever appeal to me, I despise this futile and unnecessary existence that I never had a need for in the first place, I only wish for nothingness.
Socrates and Plato (I believe) said similar things! They say it's (potentially, at least) a dreamless, peaceful sleep. I'd be fine with that. As far as seeing my loved ones again, we're all resting together. ❤️
Socrates and Plato (I believe) said similar things! They say it's (potentially, at least) a dreamless, peaceful sleep. I'd be fine with that. As far as seeing my loved ones again, we're all resting together. ❤️

Last edited:
Davey36000

Davey36000

I'm not the dog in the picture
Jun 12, 2023
Have you ever heard the story of "The Egg"? It's similar to that, but in the sense that you *become* one. It's life- positive, so not really the vibe, but It just reminded me of the story and that is kinda neat. ADHD to the max.

Yeah idk if a conscious eternity would be fun, especially if I'm reborn.

Yes I read it, did not like it at the time because it seemed solipsistic.

It usually depends what God is for you... A man somewhere in the sky?

If you see yourself as a person, a man... then God has to be a man as well, right? Certainly not a pig, or a monkey, or a pigeon...

But in Hinduism they have many Gods... and in some native American tribes, everything is God (everything is spirit). And in Vedanta and Buddhism it is a similar idea, the difference is that we don't know that we are "God".

God this, God that....It seems we are always talking about someone who is very unapproachable. Even if you talk to it, it never answers...

Time is a bit of an illusion though, right?

• Love