abruptum

abruptum

Lost
Jan 10, 2021
I was sitting in a philosophy lecture today and we got a bit off topic and started to talk about virtual reality and how people would want their reality to change and how that would either benefit or inhibit their experiences. I was just wondering because of course for many of use the current reality in which we are living isnt ideal, so what would you guys have to change in order to see a world in which you can thrive?
Anything can be changed fundamentally whether its worldwide acceptance of suicide, or having a better family, or even things like just living in a reality in which nothing has meaning so nothing matters and nobody can be disappointed.
My ideal reality would most likely have to be one of plasticity. I would defiantly want to change certain things but I couldnt stay stagnant if I was able to chose what I wanted. I would need to be able to change things at a whim and be in total control of everything.
Yet the reality in which I could live and not feel worthless would be one where I have a sort of ignorance to be able to appreciate things and not think all the time. Id wish to be able to just enjoy life without having to think of anything other than normal human things.
Kinda weird how I choose 2 dif realities I know but to live in ignorance I feel isnt fulfilling, but if im living it I wouldnt know any better, yet to change to a reality in which I have thought capable of what I do now, would not be what I would ideally chose.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, GenesAndEnvironment, Belaya Noch and 3 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
id have a mom and a dad. and my other mom and dad. i would also have my brothers, my grandfather, my husband, my close friend, and my close online friend (and her little family). i would have my little home and my little bakery. a little garden filled with fresh veggies and herbs for cooking. id cook wonderful meals followed by delectable desserts for everyone. we'd all sit and enjoy. talking. just living peacefully. enjoying life.

sometimes i feel like i ask for too much though

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: TwoTenEightyEight, virginiawoolf, budgie and 2 others
abruptum

abruptum

Lost
Jan 10, 2021
id have a mom and a dad. and my other mom and dad. i would also have my brothers, my grandfather, my husband, my close friend, and my close online friend (and her little family). i would have my little home and my little bakery. a little garden filled with fresh veggies and herbs for cooking. id cook wonderful meals followed by delectable desserts for everyone. we'd all sit and enjoy. talking. just leaving peacefully. enjoying life.

sometimes i feel like i ask for too much though
A peaceful life would be so nice, of course a dream of mine is to open a coffee shop in hawaii. Mine wont come true but lemme know about ur bakery since i know youve talked about it before <3

• Hugs
Reactions: budgie and Life_and_Death
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
A peaceful life would be so nice, of course a dream of mine is to open a coffee shop in hawaii. Mine wont come true but lemme know about ur bakery since i know youve talked about it before <3
:ahhha: sure thing. it feels like its only a couple years away now but...well im sure you understand how hopeless things can feel :hug:

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
. Id wish to be able to just enjoy life without having to think of anything other than normal human things.

Same here!
I have a dilemma with being a normie or not because I kinda like to be an intellectual person who does worry about the world surrounding him but at the same time, I envy those people who just have a normal life and no depression at all. Just study, work, get married, have children and die as an old grey man/woman!

Reactions: budgie, abruptum and sorella santini
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Should've followed the regular progression of normal life. Graduate HS at 18, go to college at 18-21, start working in the workforce and be making 100k/yr by the time I'm 30. But nope, I'm not even close to 100k/yr and I'm nearing fucking 40.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ame
Freedom Believer

Freedom Believer

Forever alone.
Dec 23, 2019
I would change how I acted as a child. I was such a weirdo and that caused me to be alienated from the other kids. I was a compulsive liar back then too which didn't help. I messed up a lot and I feel like if I acted differently, everything could've been better in my life. I only started to become a normal human being in 10th grade but at that point it was too late because my reputation up at that point was "he's nice, but don't hang out with him or else he might think you're friends with him".

I managed to get some "friends" in middle school and high school but they never wanted to hang out with me outside of school so they were basically people who sat with me because they felt bad for me.

Reactions: clueless2dayor2morro

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
I was just wondering because of course for many of use the current reality in which we are living isnt ideal, so what would you guys have to change in order to see a world in which you can thrive?
The right amount of challenges in life, not too much to cripple me horribly and irreversibly, and not too little to atrophy my body and mind/soul/spirit.
For example, having no haven to retreat from my childhood problems. I wish my caretakes would care about what I ate or drink but, alas, they were just as clueless as me...

sorella santini

sorella santini

Jan 19, 2021
Same here!
I have a dilemma with being a normie or not because I kinda like to be an intellectual person who does worry about the world surrounding him but at the same time, I envy those people who just have a normal life and no depression at all. Just study, work, get married, have children and die as an old grey man/woman!
Same here. I wish I could just be like everybody else- living their normal lives with their normal thoughts. It's not just depression. For me it's more about feeling inherently different and always lingering on the outside looking in, sometimes longing to be on the inside, but knowing that would never work.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife and booray
fixitinpost

fixitinpost

Arriving Somewhere But Not Here
Oct 20, 2020
If I could change only one thing, I'd like to live in a reality where my social anxiety was gone for good. I experienced what life was like after I had beaten it down, and it was amazing. I went from being afraid to answer the phone, to going bar-hopping across Europe on my own, chatting up anyone and everyone. Doing impromptu stand-up comedy at open mic nights, clubbing till the early morning. Everything was just fucking great.

Then I got into a bad relationship that broke me down. My ex was very good at making me feel worthless. And here I am again, holed up in my apartment. Occasionally seeing friends, but haven't spoken to my family in months and everytime the phone rings I panic.

And this has me thinking what a house of cards I was really living in. Thinking that the person doing all that shit was who I really was. But that was only a couple of years. This has been me for the other part of my life so far.

• Aww..
Reactions: clueless2dayor2morro, it's_all_a_game and demuic
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Just need a gf. If I could go overboard I guess I'd instantly destroy everything.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sensei
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
All I want is some self love. I've spent literally all my life hating every aspect of myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: gtrfvr and Ame
A

autisticalex

Student
Oct 27, 2020
The irony is that if everything was perfect we would be bored with life, so in a way life is perfect??? I think that's what the Buddhists were saying

Who would want to play a video game that is easy, some of the most played video games are challenging and competitive.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Amumu and oversizedsweaters
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
My environment determines my happiness. Hawaii was good.

Reactions: Amumu
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
The irony is that if everything was perfect we would be bored with life, so in a way life is perfect??? I think that's what the Buddhists were saying

Who would want to play a video game that is easy, some of the most played video games are challenging and competitive.
"Life is suffering", Buddha said. Or something like that.
Should've followed the regular progression of normal life. Graduate HS at 18, go to college at 18-21, start working in the workforce and be making 100k/yr by the time I'm 30. But nope, I'm not even close to 100k/yr and I'm nearing fucking 40.
Man I'm almost 23 and I've never worked for more than the minimum wage ^^

Last edited:
T

Trans Magus

Mar 8, 2021
Ending capitalism alone would solve nearly all of my problems, to be honest.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game and virginiawoolf
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Grant me perfect health again and rewind the clock 3 years I would turn lemons into lemonade.
"Life is suffering", Buddha said. Or something like that.

This is true even today despite all of the extravagant decadency. People are softer than ever which leads to more suffering, both for themselves and for others.

Last edited:
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Nothing. I'm too scared of change and that how society tends to fuck up good changes making them bad again, then blame me for it.

Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020

I argue that if everything were perfect, then boredom wouldn't be an issue.

Reactions: demuic
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Too much to list.

It would be a world without suffering, boredom, and other unwanted feelings. You would always be satisfied and surrounded by the kind of things and people you like and none of the things you don't.

Utterly impossible.