• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

onbekend

onbekend

Experienced
Jan 14, 2024
What was your first game that you ever played? For me, It was either The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time or Quake 3 when I was like 3-4 years old. (The only reason I ever got access to Quake 3 is because one of my family members left it running on his computer)

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
My older brother got a ZX Spectrum not long after I was born, and so the games on there became my first. Manic Miner, Jet Set Willy, Chuckie Egg etc.

Man, I really am a relic. I fart dust, too. True story.

psp3000

psp3000

I want to quit.
May 20, 2023
the series of Jumpstart games for PC and Purble Place and a few of the iSpy games for PC

and then later on I would visit sites like GirlsGoGames, CoolMathGames, Addicting Games, and Poptropica (and various other flash game sites that I can't really remember)

then I finally got a PSP

honerable mentions: Golden Axe, Samurai Showdown, Streets of Rage, Virtua Fighter, Comix Zone, Earthworm Jim, Cool Spot, ClayFighter, AHHHHHHHHHH !!!! Real Monsters, Bejeweled Blitz

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Cat in the Hat and Finding Nemo for the Gameboy Advance.

My first non licensed game was Pokémon FireRed so my Pokémon fanaticism started fairly early…

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Mousetrap on the Atari St. Lol. I'm so old... No save feature in those days... I must have played the first few levels hundreds of times!

I had a weird crush on the mouse... 😆

Probably would have been Space Invaders on the Atari 2600

I love how this thread has seemed to have brought all the oldies out!
Yeah, the Atari's were the in consoles back in the day, then they disappeared!

The first game I played was Centipede on my neighbor's Atari 2600.

I'll still remember all the words from the add for that console... classic!😄.

First game I owned was Sonic the Hedgehog on the Sega Megadrive (Genesis in U.S.).

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yeah, the Atari's were the in consoles back in the day, then they disappeared!

The first game I played was Centipede on my neighbor's Atari 2600.

I'll still remember all the words from the add for that console... classic!😄.

First game I owned was Sonic the Hedgehog on the Sega Megadrive (Genesis in U.S.).

I have played on those consoles but this was actually a computer that took floppy disks. It was a bulky keyboard basically. The graphics were better than the original Atari consoles but, nothing like they are today. I used to like 'Adventure' on the old Atari console. You were basically just a square pixel but I still thought it was quite a brave character. Lol.

I loved Sonic too. I went for Sega rather than Nintendo but I always wished I had Donkey Kong Country. I loved Golden Axe. Did you play that?

• Informative
Reactions: psp3000
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
I have played on those consoles but this was actually a computer that took floppy disks. It was a bulky keyboard basically. The graphics were better than the original Atari consoles but, nothing like they are today. I used to like 'Adventure' on the old Atari console. You were basically just a square pixel but I still thought it was quite a brave character. Lol.

I loved Sonic too. I went for Sega rather than Nintendo but I always wished I had Donkey Kong Country. I loved Golden Axe. Did you play that?
I don't remember that Atari, but I looked it up there, and it said that it was similar to the Commodore 64, which my neighbour also owned(I was the poor kid going over to my rich neighbour who owned all the video game consoles 😆).

Yeah, I was Sega too, though I did own a Gameboy(endless hours playing Tetris). My brother eventually got a Super Ninetendo, do I did end up playing Donkey Kong Country. Another classic!😄

Yeah, had Golden Axe. Someone above mentioned Streets of Rage. That too. All the Sonics. Sega kicked Ninetendo's ass in those years!😆.

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
The Neverhood, Prince of Persia, Mario

Reactions: psp3000
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I don't remember that Atari, but I looked it up there, and it said that it was similar to the Commodore 64, which my neighbour also owned(I was the poor kid going over to my rich neighbour who owned all the video game consoles 😆).

Yeah, I was Sega too, though I did own a Gameboy(endless hours playing Tetris). My brother eventually got a Super Ninetendo, do I did end up playing Donkey Kong Country. Another classic!😄

Yeah, had Golden Axe. Someone above mentioned Streets of Rage. That too. All the Sonics. Sega kicked Ninetendo's ass in those years!😆.

I used to get in a rage playing Streets of Rage. Lol. I had it on the Game Gear first. Later on the Mega Drive.

Yes, I think the Atari ST was similar to the Commodore 64. The games looked to be similar on both. It was my Dad's computer really. They were good games though. Treasure Island Dizzy, Zak Mc Kracken and the Alien Mind Benders.

I used to get so excited when I bought games when I was young. It's funny looking back at what the graphics were like back then compared to now. I remember Aladdin looked so impressive on the Mega Drive when it came out. I bought that the other day for the XBox for a bit of nostalgia.

Oh wow, Tetris. I was terrible at that. I used to get in a panic when it got really fast.

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I used to get in a rage playing Streets of Rage. Lol. I had it on the Game Gear first. Later on the Mega Drive.

Yes, I think the Atari ST was similar to the Commodore 64. The games looked to be similar on both. It was my Dad's computer really. They were good games though. Treasure Island Dizzy, Zak Mc Kracken and the Alien Mind Benders.

I used to get so excited when I bought games when I was young. It's funny looking back at what the graphics were like back then compared to now. I remember Aladdin looked so impressive on the Mega Drive when it came out. I bought that the other day for the XBox for a bit of nostalgia.

Oh wow, Tetris. I was terrible at that. I used to get in a panic when it got really fast.
We had an amiga 500 which was pretty much the same as an Atari ST, I rememeber the dizzy games they were ace.
Had a megadrive also with streets of rage and Aladdin, the animations on Aladdin were so smooth for the time

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
We had an amiga 500 which was pretty much the same as an Atari ST, I rememeber the dizzy games they were ace.
Had a megadrive also with streets of rage and Aladdin, the animations on Aladdin were so smooth for the time

Yay, someone else who remembers Dizzy! 🥚. I loved the music. It was so jolly. I was so bad at it though... I had to watch a YouTube walkthrough the other day to see how it ended.

Aladdin was so cool. I loved the level where you were inside the lamp.

This thread is wonderful. I love a bit of nostalgia.

Reactions: Tears in Rain
LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
Otchlan port for the C64. First PC game was Return to the Castle Wolfenstein (the uncensored version).
Otchlan is a polish game which is text based. It was originally made for MSDOS but ported by fans to Commodore 64 and it was quite a amazing game. You moved by typing commands, the game told you what you can see like "You see a big gate and two guard standing in front of it" or "You see a path leading to a dark forest" and so on. Later on with my Windows 98 SE PC which my gandpa got me from Germany, I got another text based game where you were a freshly turned Vampire who seek shelter in some bar and there were other vampires, humans etc. coming to that bar, later on you explored the city and so on. The game was 480mb big and were meant to fit on a usb flash drive where the biggest sizes were around 1gb at that time and the most affordable sizes were around 512mb XD
I would really want to see more such fantasy text based games for newer systems but this will probably stay my wet dream : P

BrainShower

BrainShower

Tiny storm
Nov 7, 2023
My older brother got a ZX Spectrum not long after I was born, and so the games on there became my first. Manic Miner, Jet Set Willy, Chuckie Egg etc.

Man, I really am a relic. I fart dust, too. True story.
I played pong on a dedicated home pong console for my first game (for real), eat my dust 👴 🩼
Otchlan port for the C64. First PC game was Return to the Castle Wolfenstein (the uncensored version).
Otchlan is a polish game which is text based. It was originally made for MSDOS but ported by fans to Commodore 64 and it was quite a amazing game. You moved by typing commands, the game told you what you can see like "You see a big gate and two guard standing in front of it" or "You see a path leading to a dark forest" and so on. Later on with my Windows 98 SE PC which my gandpa got me from Germany, I got another text based game where you were a freshly turned Vampire who seek shelter in some bar and there were other vampires, humans etc. coming to that bar, later on you explored the city and so on. The game was 480mb big and were meant to fit on a usb flash drive where the biggest sizes were around 1gb at that time and the most affordable sizes were around 512mb XD
I would really want to see more such fantasy text based games for newer systems but this will probably stay my wet dream : P
You ever played Adventure?
Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy?
Zork?
There is a lot of good old games out there...

psp3000

psp3000

I want to quit.
May 20, 2023
this reply reminded me that I have to look into this game more

which is text based but I am not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for but you may find it interesting

also reminded me to do some reading/research about BBS Door games

Reactions: Rocinante
luneylonegirl

luneylonegirl

Lonely betrayed girl ready to die
Jan 31, 2024
What was your first game that you ever played? For me, It was either The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time or Quake 3 when I was like 3-4 years old. (The only reason I ever got access to Quake 3 is because one of my family members left it running on his computer)
Snake, bounce, pintball

Reactions: Lostandlooking
hopeurhappylb

hopeurhappylb

just a bit silly
Feb 4, 2024
Learn & Discover Home for the V.Smile when I was very very young lmao. Immediately followed by wii sports and about 500 random online flash games

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
Don't remember my first one ever sadly as the first time I got into video games was when I'd borrow my mom's pc to play on online video game sites when I was like 6 or 7 and I have no recollection of what was the first one I ever played what so ever coz this was like over a decade ago.

The first game I remember playing is My Sims Party ds since it was the first game I ever got for my ds lite when I was gifted it I think for my bday when I was 8 I think. I have very strong nostalgia for the My Sims series as a whole bc of that. (Exept flight simulator and racing, those can go die in a ditch!) Such underrated games tbh. If only ea hadn't screwed up the series back then...

Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
Cliche pick, but Pacman was my first. There's a laundromat my mother and I used to go to when I was a small child, and they had a cabinet for Pacman. I'd play on that thing while waiting for her to finish the laundry.

• Hugs
Reactions: MyChoiceAlone