N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
Of course suicides in media count too. For me it is Robert Enke. (train suicide) He was a famous german goalkeeper. I can remember this was the first suicide which had kind of an impact for me. I like to play FIfa since I am a child. Then I had this strange feeling when I played with his character. My dad dropped a dumb joke about him. (Yes my family are all fucking idiots. My dad thinks suicide is a dumb decision. Even though he is not even capable to follow my thoughts....)
In media so many people talked about him and the Werther effect. (Don't know if this is internationally known)

I kind of liked him. He was a calm dude I would have never expected that he was ill. (severe depression) And after that I could not comprehend how someone with so much success can be so unhappy. I sometimes watch videos of him on Youtube. The comments are disgusting. So many people want to make clicks/money with him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Largeletters
Largeletters

Largeletters

Alone
Jan 21, 2020
A distant relative of mine committed suicide when I was 10 years old, but I didn't really remember meeting him at any point in my life.

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
The suicide of my mom's pedophile boyfriend after 2 years of sexual abuse by him. Cops had a warrant for his arrest and put a bullet in his dome instead of getting arrested.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Dear Agony, Cronetappingout, Alec and 6 others
Dear Agony

Dear Agony

The Void
Jan 24, 2020
The first suicide I remember being impacted by was Robin Williams, then Chester Bennington because I knew both from watching movies and listening to songs. But something that really made me shocked, was Kim Jong-Hyun's suicide from SHINEE (a kpop group), because he killed himself on my birthday, and that birthday was hard for me not because of that, but because of my own suicidal thoughts. I heard about it the morning after, but it still makes me feel something when I think about how when I was self harming and thinking about ending my own life, he was ending his.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: inthemoonblue, everydayiloveyou, Alec and 1 other person
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
My dad and i went to this one boys funeral when I was around 8 I think. The boy was the son of a co worker from his work. I have no idea till this day why he brought me. Probably in his warped way to get me out of the house. I think the boy was 14 and shot himself in the head. I remember thinking how lucky he was to die young so he wouldn't have to go to school any longer. Not really much focused on the fact that he just killed himself. But now as an adult and suicidal myself I look at the situation differently.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ihavenoclue, Dear Agony and Alec
Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
From a personal perspective, no one with the exception of my great grandfather on my maternal side committed suicide. He had GI cancer and ate a bullet.

Some suspect that my paternal grandfather committed suicide; however, he was a really nasty person with a severe alcohol addiction. I suspect the car accident/telephone pole that killed him was a dui - not suicide. He died within weeks of my birth, so I do not remember him - just what I was told about him.

Off the top of my head, the first person I remember having committed suicide outside of my family was Marilyn Monroe; although, there is some speculation that she was murdered due to the high-profile men she had affairs with (aka JFK). When I think that it may truly have been suicide and not murder, I was (and am) still affected by it even though it happened so long ago.

I can relate. So many times in my life I was used, assaulted, and abused because of what I looked like. People rarely see me for who I am - they see what I look like and that is it. Worst one that I remember was a huge man who was a good friends with my parents who said, "She is the sexist 3-year-old that he had ever seen."

O.O

I was so tiny and young - and yet clearly remember hiding behind my mom when he said this.

The very thought that this was said is terrifying in the first place, and this was coupled with the fact that my parents did not cut him down (they took it as a compliment and continued to associate with him), and that I suspect (strongly suspect) that he abused me but I blocked it out. My father and brother did - so why not a stranger? (Ok - moving on, I feel nauseous right now).

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Largeletters, noname223, Bullit and 1 other person
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
cant quite remember to be honest, i believe it was either Robin Williams or that bjork stalker guy (i remember watching a video about him in my early teens).

B

Burned out

Sep 22, 2018
Kindergarten teacher that was in the class next to my own kindergarten class killed herself, not at school.

• Aww..
Largeletters

Largeletters

Alone
Jan 21, 2020
From a personal perspective, no one with the exception of my great grandfather on my maternal side committed suicide. He had GI cancer and ate a bullet.

Some suspect that my paternal grandfather committed suicide; however, he was a really nasty person with a severe alcohol addiction. I suspect the car accident/telephone pole that killed him was a dui - not suicide. He died within weeks of my birth, so I do not remember him - just what I was told about him.

Off the top of my head, the first person I remember having committed suicide outside of my family was Marilyn Monroe; although, there is some speculation that she was murdered due to the high-profile men she had affairs with (aka JFK). When I think that it may truly have been suicide and not murder, I was (and am) still affected by it even though it happened so long ago.

I can relate. So many times in my life I was used, assaulted, and abused because of what I looked like. People rarely see me for who I am - they see what I look like and that is it. Worst one that I remember was a huge man who was a good friends with my parents who said, "She is the sexist 3-year-old that he had ever seen."

O.O

I was so tiny and young - and yet clearly remember hiding behind my mom when he said this.

The very thought that this was said is terrifying in the first place, and this was coupled with the fact that my parents did not cut him down (they took it as a compliment and continued to associate with him), and that I suspect (strongly suspect) that he abused me but I blocked it out. My father and brother did - so why not a stranger? (Ok - moving on, I feel nauseous right now).
I wish I had more to say... but I'm really sorry you went through all of this.

• Love
Reactions: Weary Soul
J

JamieD

Feb 28, 2021
The first suicide that really affected me was my best friend in college. He, like me was bullied and abused in the college and while I got out of there and came home, he remained and I got a call a few short months later that he died by hanging in the college. Broke my heart I wasn't there with him

• Hugs
Reactions: noname223 and Largeletters