Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I used to love Pokemon, but as an adult, I realized it sucks. Dragonballz is tedious. Shows that are episodic like Johnny Bravo can't be binged watched because it gets old fast. Sitcoms like Boy meets world and Seinfeld aren't enjoyable when binge watched. The characters are unpleasant. A lot of the shows I liked are strictly for kids, not meant to be viewed beyond an episode or two a day, or just don't mesh with a mind living in a different era.

Reactions: katagiri83 and psp3000
lokabe82

lokabe82

To infinity and beyond
Jun 16, 2023
The Powerpuff girls for sure. I'll still watch it though. Getting old sucks.

• Love
Reactions: psp3000 and Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
The Powerpuff girls for sure. I'll still watch it though. Getting old sucks.
I watched a couple episodes recently. It was pretty funny. The one with professor's new gf. Actually that'll be my new show. I tried to rewatch sailor moon but it's hard to binge. I used to watch it before Dragonballz. That locket song is great.

• Love
Reactions: Starry✧・゚Daze and psp3000
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
probably Rupert or George and Martha also Pecola

the intros makes me a bit sad same with Babar

but I still watch them especially George and Martha which is very funny as an adult

also 6teen is funny to watch as an adult

and I watch Charlie and Lola every couple of years that one was so underrated although I didn't like Lola that much as a kid because sometimes she was annoying but then again she was just a kid and it's normal for kids to be annoying I always loved the art style and collages in the show

when I get bored I watch Crashbox imo it still holds up good today especially if you like puzzles and various forms of animation

it was so weird for me when I saw it used in a creepypasta childhood me could've never guessed that that would happen

Last edited:
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
probably Rupert or George and Martha also Pecola

the intros makes me a bit sad same with Babar

but I still watch them especially George and Martha which is very funny as an adult

also 6teen is funny to watch as an adult

and I watch Charlie and Lola every couple of years that one was so underrated although I didn't like Lola that much as a kid because sometimes she was annoying but then again she was just a kid and it's normal for kids to be annoying I always loved the art style and collages in the show

I never heard of those. I mostly watched cartoon network, nick, and Disney.

P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I never heard of those. I mostly watched cartoon network, nick, and Disney.
they were mostly on Qubo which is sadly gone now :(

but Crashbox was on HBO and I am unsure if Charlie and Lola was on Disney or if it was on BBC or Discovery Kids

but I absolutely loved Cartoon Network as a kid and absolutely hated Disney because of all of the music stuff and the bad acting and most of the Disney kids were annoying

not all but most

same with them as adults

Reactions: katagiri83
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
they were mostly on Qubo which is sadly gone now :(

but I absolutely loved Cartoon Network as a kid and absolutely hated Disney because of all of the music stuff and the bad acting and most of the Disney kids were annoying

not all but most

same with them as adults
I watched suite life, that's so Raven, kim possible, even Stevens

Reactions: psp3000
Starry✧・゚Daze

Starry✧・゚Daze

Aug 3, 2023
Loved Invader Zim as a kid. I was really sad when they cancelled the show.

Also Sailor Moon and retro Anime in general, but they are sometimes very slow paced and I've been too impatient for those lately.

Especially Neo Genesis Evangelion falls into the slow - weird - hard to watch category.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Loved Invader Zim as a kid. I was really sad when they cancelled the show.

Also Sailor Moon and retro Anime in general, but they are sometimes very slow paced and I've been too impatient for those lately.

Especially Neo Genesis Evangelion falls into the slow - weird - hard to watch category.
Did you like mobile suit Gundam wing? I liked colonel zechs marquise

I watched an episode of invader zim recently and I couldn't stand it. It was so obnoxious. I can't watch SpongeBob anymore either. His laugh is nails on a chalkboard.

• Yay!
Reactions: Starry✧・゚Daze
Starry✧・゚Daze

Starry✧・゚Daze

Aug 3, 2023
@Ambivalent1

Unfortunately not, but I always thought it looks kinda cool. Especially the mechas ♡
Is it worth a watch?

I know what you mean. Invader Zim was great back then and probably still is, but these kind of series are just to loud for me these days.
My brain gets overwhelmed so easily idk.
It's the same with some video games.

Reactions: Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
@Ambivalent1

Unfortunately not, but I always thought it looks kinda cool. Especially the mechas ♡
Is it worth a watch?

I know what you mean. Invader Zim was great back then and probably still is, but these kind of series are just to loud for me these days.
My brain gets overwhelmed so easily idk.
It's the same with some video games.
Yeah I rewatched it a year ago. Which video games?

Starry✧・゚Daze

Starry✧・゚Daze

Aug 3, 2023
@Ambivalent1

Oh, way too many to list here. And it's also off topic, so maybe I'll go to a gaming thread and post there soon :)

lokabe82

lokabe82

To infinity and beyond
Jun 16, 2023
I watched a couple episodes recently. It was pretty funny. The one with professor's new gf. Actually that'll be my new show. I tried to rewatch sailor moon but it's hard to binge. I used to watch it before Dragonballz. That locket song is great.
It's definitely silly yet adult enough to muster up some laughs. I have always loved both sailor moon and DBZ but I don't think I could rewatch them. Sailor moon is so repetitive and Dragon Ball Z drags itself out. Detective Conan does both of these things but I'll still binge it forever.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
It's definitely silly yet adult enough to muster up some laughs. I have always loved both sailor moon and DBZ but I don't think I could rewatch them. Sailor moon is so repetitive and Dragon Ball Z drags itself out. Detective Conan does both of these things but I'll still binge it forever.
I was surprised that the sound effects in PPG are perfectly on point. It's so funny.

Reactions: psp3000
Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
Battle of the Planets.

H

H.O.Xan

Experienced
Feb 1, 2023
Tom and jerry. Now I'm aware their end fate was the same as mine could b at any given moment

H

H.O.Xan

Experienced
Feb 1, 2023
They suicided?

The lore is that the last ep shows Tom and jerry sitting by the train tracks awaiting death after they thought they found love and light only to b betrayed. I can't remember the deets

• Wow
Reactions: Ambivalent1 and Kikoo
StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
I used to be obsessed with Sailor Moon. That anime kept me from killing myself in primary school, but now I cannot rewatch it because I grew out of it and there are way too many repetitive filler episodes.
I also used to watch Winx Club as a child, but when I look at it from an adult angle I realise that writing was kind of bad and the main character is an annoying Mary Sue.

• Love
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
The lore is that the last ep shows Tom and jerry sitting by the train tracks awaiting death after they thought they found love and light only to b betrayed. I can't remember the deets

View attachment 117584
That's terrible
What year was it released?
I used to be obsessed with Sailor Moon. That anime kept me from killing myself in primary school, but now I cannot rewatch it because I grew out of it and there are way too many repetitive filler episodes.
I also used to watch Winx Club as a child, but when I look at it from an adult angle I realise that writing was kind of bad and the main character is an annoying Mary Sue.
Dbz was my savior and Pokemon. Actually a lot of Toonami shows saved me. But they're hard to rewatch as an adult. So now what are we to latch onto? I read but it's not the same.

brainwormz

brainwormz

Based cringelord
Jul 18, 2023
The grim adventures of Billy and Mandy and Ed, edd n Eddy. I loved those shows growing up, but they just don't hit the same anymore. it's not like I don't watch old cartoons. You can catch me watching Phineas and Ferb or gumball any week.