• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
Whenever I think of this question, I feel as if I want to scream and tear apart my body. But I am too scared to actually do it. What are we? Where did we come from? What is this place? How many places are there in the universe? I used to think people who believed in God were stupid but at least they have some sort of delusional answer to all these questions but I don't. I just want to know why we keep on living. What's the point of this all? I've got dreams and shit but I can literally die any fucking day! So what's the point in continuing?? Why do we even search for meaning when we are literally just nothing. What are emotions what are we. I am going crazy.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I don't know maybe you should gain some reading comprehension. What I said doesn't mean I support naturalism but that's the only "real" perogative of life is. Every other purposes in life I suppose is philosophical or systematic.
Yeah, this very fact makes me sad and mad, that the only "real" purpose in life is to survive and reproduce.

gatherer

gatherer

Mar 27, 2024
It seems to me that believers don't truly believe, they also all understand how much of a shitty place the world is, they just, instead of thinking about it, decided to blindly believe in fairy tales. I would even agree to become the same, if only I would deceive myself just as much in order to believe in any sort of religion. Even among believers there are many disagreements about why one should live. Each person ultimately chooses his own goal, often in childhood and something he saw on TV or with friends. Even the dumbest goal can give meaning to life, the main thing is not to ask questions, but to blindly believe.

darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
There is no point. You are born, you struggle, you die. Giving (or not) birth to more sufferers in the process
Spot on
It seems to me that believers don't truly believe, they also all understand how much of a shitty place the world is, they just, instead of thinking about it, decided to blindly believe in fairy tales. I would even agree to become the same, if only I would deceive myself just as much in order to believe in any sort of religion. Even among believers there are many disagreements about why one should live. Each person ultimately chooses his own goal, often in childhood and something he saw on TV or with friends. Even the dumbest goal can give meaning to life, the main thing is not to ask questions, but to blindly believe.
100%
Humans are the most optimistic species. They must be because why else would they stay? The small dots of joy are minuscule compared to the mental swamps we exist in. "Ooh…. a holiday, a rainbow, a newly acquired material object…."
It barely touches the fucking sides of the void of one's soul.
Yeah, this very fact makes me sad and mad, that the only "real" purpose in life is to survive and reproduce.
It's true. And I should never have had a child because I know eventually this torment I feel will also be his because it is for most people.

Last edited:
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
What are we? Where did we come from? What is this place? How many places are there in the universe?
Maybe Lovecraft had an idea.

What's H311?

Honestly, it depends on what one considers the subject of life. The individual vs the collective vs the sum of the collectives.

It seems to me that believers don't truly believe, they also all understand how much of a shitty place the world is, they just, instead of thinking about it, decided to blindly believe in fairy tales.
It's bold of you to assume that normies think at all, making clear choices. Instead, most likely they get abused in childhood enough to have their views formed for them.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Maybe Lovecraft had an idea.

What's H311?

Honestly, it depends on what one considers the subject of life. The individual vs the collective vs the sum of the collectives.

It's bold of you to assume that normies think at all, making clear choices. Instead, most likely they get abused in childhood enough to have their views formed for them.
Hell (duh)
Ya

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Someone not knowing leet speak... god I'm old, I'm an old lady...
What's leet speak? Lol I just wrote it like that cuz it looked cool

davidtorez

davidtorez

Experienced
Mar 8, 2024
Whenever I think of this question, I feel as if I want to scream and tear apart my body. But I am too scared to actually do it. What are we? Where did we come from? What is this place? How many places are there in the universe? I used to think people who believed in God were stupid but at least they have some sort of delusional answer to all these questions but I don't. I just want to know why we keep on living. What's the point of this all? I've got dreams and shit but I can literally die any fucking day! So what's the point in continuing?? Why do we even search for meaning when we are literally just nothing. What are emotions what are we. I am going crazy.
It sounds like you're an overthinker. I'm kind of the same. Often times the simplest answer is the right answer. I don't think there is an objective purpose of life , but we can only find subjective meanings in life . And as mark twain was said to have said " I was dead for a billion years before I was born and I was not inconvenienced by it at all" .
The best we can do is to not procreate and extend and prolong the suffering of people on this planet . We will eventually go extinct anyway , so why prolong the suffering?

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I don't believe there is any deeper meaning or purpose behind existence, the existence of life is simply a horrific tragedy and an abomination ultimately responsible for all meaningless, unnecessary suffering. I believe that humans ask the question what is the purpose as they have the ability to be conscious and aware unlike animals, to me consciousness is a curse.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
What do you think I'm referencing? It's this lol

Yep, it's that. I like that youtuber though his blue LED video made me depressed as hell due to it exposing capitalism for what it is. Also, I haven't seen the entirety of the video but only up to the first two minutes

Also, wow, this is the second reference I understood here

Reactions: sserafim
B

BardBarrie

Student
Mar 17, 2024
Most of the universe is just empty space with sporadic stars and planets swirling around.

Earth is such an insignificant tiny portion of a portion of the universe, yet because we're alive and have consciousness on Earth we deem it to be all that matters.

The whole thing is crazy and bizarre. All I know is that I don't like it and wish leaving was less traumatic.