• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I am usually a retard with my hands so I am still proud that I managed to build my own gaming PC

and I am also proud that I assembled my gaming chair, again because I am a retard with my hands and because my dad usually did it for me all my life but I managed to do it by myself.

K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023
This is a good question, but not one I find it easy to answer. I take pride in pretty much nothing I do. When I accomplish something, I never stop to take much pleasure in it. I just focus on making it even better or doing the next, bigger thing.

My psychologist has told me I shouldn't do this many times and I should stop to take pride in and joy from things I've accomplished, but I find it very hard.

I guess one thing might be that I almost didn't dare to leave my house back in 2014 but with the help of my psychologist by 2016 I was going to school regularly, doing exams, taking the bus and I had a girlfriend. I guess in some way that counts as an "achievement." Though I find it hard to see it as one because... well, most people can just do all that stuff without a problem.

I guess I'm slightly proud of having written a couple of short stories. They're not great or anything, but I did write them. And I'm a little bit proud that I've started writing again and written almost every day since the end of February.

I guess I'm proud of my knowledge about literature and politics which I've gathered over the last decade. That's actually one of the few reasons I don't want to die. Because I hate the idea of losing it. Even though I'm not sure anyone except me cares.

And in some weird way I guess I'm proud of the fantasy world I've created that my novel is set in, even though the novel isn't finished and the fantasy world is not nearly as expansive and detailed as I want it to be.

I guess that's probably all. Although maybe sometimes I'm a little proud of the muscle I've built over the years. But that honestly varies a lot because of my BDD. Sometimes I feel like I'm skinny and unappealing, other times I feel like I'm reasonably muscular and maybe even someone could look at me and desire me (though that seems like a stretch).

Last edited:
J

juna

Death is the only truth...
Mar 4, 2024
I assembled a table and chair 2 years ago and I am proud of that. Now I know I can assemble anything if needed.
I take pride in small accomplishments like I joined some dance classes last year and although I only went for 3 out of 10 classes, I am still proud of that. I started learning swimming last year, didn't learn enough yet to swim, just used to go to the pool and try learning from others, and swat my hands in the water like an idiot but I am so proud of that. I went to a mall alone, proud of that. Last year was full of so many things I am proud of.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
This is a good question, but not one I find it easy to answer. I take pride in pretty much nothing I do. When I accomplish something, I never stop to take much pleasure in it. I just focus on making it even better or doing the next, bigger thing.

My psychologist has told me I shouldn't do this many times and I should stop to take pride in and joy from things I've accomplished, but I find it very hard.

I guess one thing might be that I almost didn't dare to leave my house back in 2014 but with the help of my psychologist by 2016 I was going to school regularly, doing exams, taking the bus and I had a girlfriend. I guess in some way that counts as an "achievement." Though I find it hard to see it as one because... well, most people can just do all that stuff without a problem.

I guess I'm slightly proud of having written a couple of short stories. They're not great or anything, but I did write them. And I'm a little bit proud that I've started writing again and written almost every day since the end of February.

I guess I'm proud of my knowledge about literature and politics which I've gathered over the last decade. That's actually one of the few reasons I don't want to die. Because I hate the idea of losing it. Even though I'm not sure anyone except me cares.

And in some weird way I guess I'm proud of the fantasy world I've created that my novel is set in, even though the novel isn't finished and the fantasy world is not nearly as expansive and detailed as I want it to be.

I guess that's probably all. Although maybe sometimes I'm a little proud of the muscle I've built over the years. But that honestly varies a lot because of my BDD. Sometimes I feel like I'm skinny and unappealing, other times I feel like I'm reasonably muscular and maybe even someone could look at me and desire me (though that seems like a stretch).
I get not getting pleasure from accomplishments I never get the high that every other normal person seem to get for accomplishing something which is what "fun" adults get where as children and teenagers play and go on adventures to have fun it seems adults only get "fun" out of accomplishing things, usually boring adult stuff like fixing stuff by themselves and well yeah even assempling stuff like I did with the chair this is what "fun" they get in life which I can´t see much of a life in no childhood and teenage years is Living, Adulthood is Existing so I very much get what you are saying in it doesn´t give you pleasure I didn´t get a huge high from assempling the PC and chair I just feel proud that I did it.

And I also very much understand the achievement you described where you worked on yourself to go to school I have actually been in the same situation where it also took me years to get good enough to go back to school and like you I have a hard time seeing stuff like this as an accomplishment because everyone else just to that. But objectively it was an accomplishment that we did it but it just doesn´t feel like it it feels more like chasing after what everyone else have, I think the only way I would feel some kind of pleasure if even is if I surpassed someone in something like getting a better paying job than someone else, won the lottery, got big and shredded like I always dreamt of to the point where I looked better than most but having to work for years just to be able to chase after the others that by then are miles ahead of me isn´t very pleasurable it feels more like failure.

And I envy you being muscular since I tried many times and failed mostly because of me being allergic to all foods so it´s hard to get calories enough when my eosphagus (food pipe) tightens and get´s dry and also because I easily get injured even know I haven´t worked out for a few weeks because of a nerve damage injury in my hand so I lost the little muscle I build, but anyways it´s understandable if you´re proud of having people muscle over the years you should be it´s one of the few things in this world you can´t pay someone else to do if you had money for it so this one you definitely should be proud of.

Also what is your fantasy story about I´m curious, even now I am watching Game of Thrones for the 6th time so I like these fantasy worlds.
I assembled a table and chair 2 years ago and I am proud of that. Now I know I can assemble anything if needed.
Same here, I used to think I couldn´t assemple anything now I also know I most likely can if I really try like my life depend on it even though it might take way longer than everyone else I am almost certain I could assemble some stuff e.g. if I needed a new table/desk in the future or a cabinet I think there is a chance I could manage if I tried.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: trashprincess
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
How many shinies do you have 👀 and which ones? I have less than 30 😭
I have 45 in Go, 83 in Home, and a bunch more in Scarlet and Violet, including the starters I mentioned. Among those I'm only missing Meganium, both Typhlosions, Feraligatr, Blaziken, Swampert, Delphox and the Gen 9 starters. 😅

theboy

theboy

Visionary
Jul 15, 2022
having finished college and school having trouble with my mind

whiteclaudia

whiteclaudia

cute + well adjusted
Mar 23, 2024
similar to above - i graduated college w/ a good gpa despite not going to high school due to neglect. woo. i also took drawing really seriously when i was a teenager and have retained the skill somewhat. i started doing it for attention, but now it's a more once-in-a-while therapeutic thing which is nice.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Graduating an elite college with a difficult major and a good GPA

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
similar to above - i graduated college w/ a good gpa despite not going to high school due to neglect. woo. i also took drawing really seriously when i was a teenager and have retained the skill somewhat. i started doing it for attention, but now it's a more once-in-a-while therapeutic thing which is nice.
Graduating an elite college with a difficult major and a good GPA
having finished college and school having trouble with my mind
Impressive, I would never be able to do that.

C

ConfusedClouds

Mar 9, 2024
Currently for me an accomplishment that makes me proud is making a plan/decision in advance without ending up flustered and 'just doing' something on autopilot/impulsively.

This is something like planning a meal and thus shopping properly for it rather than sort of seeing what I end up with after a lost/on edge aimless wander round a supermarket. (I have walked out before with just a lettuce and bottle of whisky).

Let alone planning/deciding anything more than a day ahead.

melancholia_melodia

melancholia_melodia

Nov 29, 2023
being able to communicate with someone I like

justcallmeJ

justcallmeJ

<3
Nov 9, 2023
Even though my brain is a chaotic mess, everything I own is always clean and organized, like my room, drawers, computer stuff, mailboxes and scheduler, which all brings me some comfort