• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
Mine is "Nothing lasts forever.", it's basicly my life story. I've been dissapointed and let down over and over again, and when things finally looked up for me, it would dissapear again right infront of my eyes. :/

dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
I don't know if some famous philosopher said this already but it's something I thought of last night so it's a strange coincidence you brought this up today. "Only in the darkness can you truly see the world." It's a similar sentiment to my signature. People who are satisfied with life (in the light) overlook things in the world that we, those in the darkness/shadows, can plainly see despite us being lost in the darkness and unable to see our way out.

I feel you on your quote as well. It's why I'm so hesitant to allow myself to feel hope or anything positive because I know it'll be washed away.

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
I don't know if some famous philosopher said this already but it's something I thought of last night so it's a strange coincidence you brought this up today. "Only in the darkness can you truly see the world." It's a similar sentiment to my signature. People who are satisfied with life (in the light) overlook things in the world that we, those in the darkness/shadows, can plainly see.

I feel you on your quote as well. It's why I'm so hesitant to allow myself to feel hope or anything positive because I know it'll be washed away.
Your quote is so true though. Hope is the most I dare to feel honestly, I never dare to truly belive anymore though.

Reactions: dragonofenvy
sserafim

sserafim

消えたい
Sep 13, 2023
"If we could see ourselves as others see us, we would vanish on the spot."

"Life begins on the other side of despair."

"Stars hide your fires, let not light see my black and deep desires."

"The fault is not in our stars, but in ourselves."

"The darker the night, the brighter the stars."

etc

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Running very late for my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
Oh god too many lol, I'll try to limit myself to two.
Evils which are patiently endured when they seem inevitable become intolerable once the idea of escape from them is suggested. - Alexis de Tocqueville
For me this basically means that once you've considered suicide as a viable means of escape, it becomes impossible to go back to the way you were and continue tolerating the suffering that you used to be able to bear, now that it seems optional.
Why is light given to those in misery, and life to the bitter of soul, to those who long for death that does not come, who search for it more than for hidden treasure, who are filled with gladness and rejoice when they reach the grave? Why is life given to a man whose way is hidden, whom God has hedged in? For sighing has become my daily food; my groans pour out like water. What I feared has come upon me; what I dreaded has happened to me. I have no peace, no quietness; I have no rest, but only turmoil. - Job 3:6 (NIV)
I'm not Christian but purely out of curiosity I decided to start reading the Bible. It's mostly violent drivel (at least the Old Testament is), but Job and Ecclesiastes are really the exception to the rule, and I've already reread the Book of Job several times. Passages like these have helped me get through some dark moments.