• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Misery Minimization Activist
Sep 19, 2023
Could be emotional, health-related, whatever.

I think about playing the original Sims game as a kid. It was pretty tough to actually take care of your Sims and meet all their needs - with fluctuating ratings for hunger, fatigue, cleanliness, happiness, etc - while having them work a job to pay for the house. As an 8 year old, it didn't make sense: "what do you mean you're too tired to eat? You're hungry!" "You're too depressed to shower? But you just said you felt too dirty to play games!" "You're too lonely to sleep? I don't understand that at all. You'll miss work and lose your job..."

Obviously growing up, being depressed and suicidal . . . I think back on this and it hits home, probably more than intended. If you aren't balanced, it can throw everything off, and it's often cyclical. Eg., Depressed => tired => not eating => depressed.

Personally, I realized with some threads on here yesterday that I'm sexually frustrated. Being loved and getting innocent affection is not scratching that itch of wanting to be physically desired (and deeper psychological needs about being controlled, but that's another topic). Thanks to Sims logic, now I can't sleep lol, which will lead to me being tired tomorrow and maybe missing breakfast or lunch, etc. 8 year old me is rolling his eyes so hard.

So how about you? Which bar is low?

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Sep 19, 2023
Energy bar. When I go to the bed and wake up after sleeping my energy bar is on 1/3 at best. It must be some kind of glitch
I hate that feeling. So you go to bed basically empty and only get that much. You need to either get more rest, which you likely don't have time for, or improve something in your life to get more of your bar per night, which you don't have energy/time/money for. The Sims paradigm is cruel.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I've never played the Sims so I don't even know lol, but I agree that life is like a video game

• Yay!
Reactions: derpyderpins
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Sep 19, 2023
I've never played the Sims so I don't even know lol, but I agree that life is like a video game
Haha I considered explaining. It's basically a virtual doll house. You make a house, then the Sims live in it. They have to eat, sleep, etc like regular people, while making enough money to pay the bills. You can tell them to do specific tasks, but if they aren't healthy a message may pop up saying they refuse. (Eg attached)

Attachments

• c5ajuw8hyzg71.jpg
    c5ajuw8hyzg71.jpg
    880.2 KB · Views: 0
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Haha I considered explaining. It's basically a virtual doll house. You make a house, then the Sims live in it. They have to eat, sleep, etc like regular people, while making enough money to pay the bills. You can tell them to do specific tasks, but if they aren't healthy a message may pop up saying they refuse. (Eg attached)
Sadly in real life you can't refuse

ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
The Sims is a great franchise. My favourite is the Sims 2. I once had a Sim that was unlucky all his life, when he got married to a woman that finally wanted him, she autonomously cheated on him while he was going grocery shopping. Later on he dated his maid but she became distant and she broke up with him in front of their toddler.
That man had no one so I decided to get him a dog and made him a beautiful house. On the day when I moved him and his dog to the new house, the dog died. Legit cried for a pixel person at that point. 10/10 would play again.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
The Sims is a great franchise. My favourite is the Sims 2. I once had a Sim that was unlucky all his life, when he got married to a woman that finally wanted him, she autonomously cheated on him while he was going grocery shopping. Later on he dated his maid but she became distant and she broke up with him in front of their toddler.
That man had no one so I decided to get him a dog and made him a beautiful house. On the day when I moved him and his dog to the new house, the dog died. Legit cried for a pixel person at that point. 10/10 would play again.
What if higher powers are playing with us like we're Sims 👀

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
I struggle to get enough sleep, but that's my own fault bc I tend to stay up a little too late in the evening >_<
Anyone else used to tort...ahem, annoy the sims on purpose just for fun? I was a horrible host to say it the least. XD

Last edited:
Dead Horse

Dead Horse

Hopeless, but literally
Nov 14, 2018
Physical touch, sex, feeling of accomplishment.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I too am lacking in touch, sex, and intimacy but it's not like I deserve it.