mrbombastic

mrbombastic

May 10, 2020
For me its probably New Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart 7, Nintendogs, Big Brain Academy or anything on the DS that I played as a kid, and Minecraft, obviously.

As far as movies go, I can't really remember many besides the Harry Potter movies, and that one with the talking chipmunks lol.

• Love
Reactions: sadghost, Maximoo, _Minsk and 4 others
HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
With how you're presenting yourself, the way you write and how recent (within the past 10 years) these games are, I'm really uncomfortable with thinking that you're someone who is over the age of 18.

Reactions: Zoya and Brink
mrbombastic

mrbombastic

May 10, 2020
With how you're presenting yourself, the way you write and how recent (within the past 10 years) these games are, I'm really uncomfortable with thinking that you're someone who is over the age of 18.
Many people write in an informal style on this website. You can look at my other posts if you want to see how I usually write. None of the games I listed besides Mario Kart 7 and Minecraft were made within the last 10 years( and they were both made in 2011). You really have no evidence to back up what you're saying.

Last edited:
Eurus

Eurus

Everything Must Cease.
Sep 30, 2019
LOZOOT,StarCraft brood war,Beetleborgs,Garfield and Friends and of course DBZ
Edit: I invite all to guess my age for fun,myself knowing I'm legal has No repercussions to it so I'm cool with it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Zoya, Broken Chimera and mrbombastic
HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
Many people write in an informal style on this website. You can look at my other posts if you want to see how I usually write. None of the games I listed besides Mario Kart 7 and Minecraft were made within the last 10 years( and they were both made in 2011). You really have no evidence to back up what you're saying.
There are certain attributes and writing styles that minors have. While you may disagree, others online have researched into age-revolution patterns in writing styles pertaining online. While sure, it's easy to deflect what harsh criticism I thought of you, which is only a matter of opinion anyway, the way you reacted towards this post only suggests me more that you're a minor. Anyone can opt-in to lie about their age. Moderators while approving accounts use some discretion to judge if someone is underage, at least I'm under the perception that they do. There have in the past been very apparent minors going around on here to only be caught.

Anecdotally I've moderated forums where we had to make judgement calls if someone is underage. Admittedly it's easy to do this when someone admits their age.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheSoulless and Brink
mrbombastic

mrbombastic

May 10, 2020
There are certain attributes and writing styles that minors have. While you may disagree, others online have researched into age-revolution patterns in writing styles pertaining online. While sure, it's easy to deflect what harsh criticism I thought of you, which is only a matter of opinion anyway, the way you reacted towards this post only suggests me more that you're a minor. Anyone can opt-in to lie about their age. Moderators while approving accounts use some discretion to judge if someone is underage, at least I'm under the perception that they do. There have in the past been very apparent minors going around on here to only be caught.
I felt that I should respond to make it clear I am not a minor. I agree that minors have a certain writing style that is similar to the way I wrote the original post, and I understand why you would think that I am a minor based off my writing style,the video games I listed, and my somewhat aggressive response, which I apologize for. Obviously, there is no way for me to verify my age without revealing private information, but I promise that I would not ignore the site's membership requirements, which include being over the age of 18.

terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
@Eurus 35
Big Trak, lego, space 1999, the hulk (the original with ferrigno), hanging out with childhood good friends ie playing outside having adventures and playing computer games together and playing football and playing pool, being naughty in school, 8 bit and 16 bit home computers, tape cassettes, match day 2 and FIFA computer games, my 1st motorbike on my 7th birthday, being at the beach with my dad, going on bike rides with my friends and mother.

Reactions: RileyTanaka, Good4Nothing and Eurus
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
LILO and stitch... I related a lot with lilo...
E97CD2AC 1E39 45EA 902F 6C825D517A20

I grew up with Harry Potter both the books and the movies. It was a like a tradition every year or two to buy the latest book or see the latest movie in the series.

I remember having a lot of vhs tapes! Mostly Disney stuff. Having to rewind them was normal but now it would be a pain!!

• Love
Reactions: Maximoo, Philosykos and _Minsk
Eurus

Eurus

Everything Must Cease.
Sep 30, 2019
@Eurus 35
Big Trak, lego, space 1999, the hulk (the original with ferrigno), hanging out with childhood good friends ie playing outside having adventures and playing computer games together and playing football and playing pool, being naughty in school, 8 bit and 16 bit home computers, tape cassettes, match day 2 and FIFA computer games, my 1st motorbike on my 7th birthday, being at the beach with my dad, going on bike rides with my friends and mother.

Reactions: terry_a_davis
Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
Adult Swim. That was how I got introduced to anime. And Jerry Springer back when the fights were real.
I played that so much when I was younger. That was one of the best games ever.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Eurus
cosmonaut

cosmonaut

May 17, 2020
All those dumb talking dog/animal movies from the early 2000s, Nancy Drew video game series, many old nickelodeon/cartoon network shows and advertisements, etc, etc.

I miss movie store rentals! I lived in Bend Oregon for a short while, famous for having the last blockbuster store, and it was nice picking out movies.

• Love
Reactions: Élégie, RileyTanaka, Maximoo and 2 others
K-O

K-O

FU(KOFFEE
Apr 16, 2020
DOTT!! THE BOMB!! Hoagie was my favorite :sunglasses: :love:

• Hugs
Reactions: enjolras
narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
Gorillaz remembers me better times, when i was child/adolescent. Curious thing: never heard a complete album despite i like more and more with the time. Recently re-discovered this... and right to the feelings

• Love
Reactions: Élégie, Zoya, _Minsk and 1 other person
M

madbananas

Wizard
Apr 29, 2020
Spyro the Dragon!
Recently bought the remastered version for Xbox one and it's still good. Don't enjoy it as much as I used to though.
Also The Sims :smiling:

Reactions: Élégie, NekoNomNom and _Minsk
K-O

K-O

FU(KOFFEE
Apr 16, 2020
Gorillaz remembers me better times, when i was child/adolescent. Curious thing: never heard a complete album despite i like more and more with the time. Recently re-discovered this... and right to the feelings

talent right there! pump it!-

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: enjolras, _Minsk and narval
C

Cloudy

Jun 12, 2019
Edward Scissorhands

Mina (my mother used to listen to her when I was a child)

Simcity, Age of Empire and Crash Bandicoot

• Love
Reactions: K-O
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
Disney and Pokemon (the show) make me nostalgic. I remember watching the disney movies on vhs and Pokemon was on TV every morning before school. My mother used to sing Amazing Grace as a lullaby before I went to sleep so that song too. Harry Potter books, too. The first one was the first book I really fell in love with when I learned to read.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, sadghost and Zoya
RileyTanaka

RileyTanaka

ill / failure
Mar 20, 2020
I used to play DOS games that came on my first computer - Wolfenstein, Tetris, Where in the World is Carmen San Diego, and Quest for Glory. Never grew up playing on a console, but it was fun times. I would spend hours on the computer surfing this newfound internet, chatting with friends on AOL instant messenger, and of course burning up time playing games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maximoo
Philosykos

Philosykos

Student
May 30, 2020
View attachment 35263

Yes! I love Lilo & Stitch. The two outcasts who found each other was always so touching a story to me along with the concept of ohana which the movie is about (and which my family doesn't know about).

Lots of Disney films and The Swan Princess which was my favourite film as a small child. As for games, Animal Crossing holds a special place in my heart. Back when I was just beginning puberty and already starting to feel lost and isolated, Wild World came along and I had this tiny huge world with me, where the worst thing that happened was getting read the riot act by Resetti and my biggest concern was if I'd get a reasonable price for my turnips before every Sunday. An escapist's greatest delight.

Also those Choose your own path books. I loved them as a child.

Poptart

Poptart

Try me Frozen
Nov 7, 2019
Jurassic Park, Pokemon Stadium for the N64, Neopets, Poptarts

Reactions: Élégie and sadghost
enjolras

enjolras

Dead are useless if not to love the living more
Feb 13, 2020
So many to list. A couple favourites for the memories they bring back, which was mostly about friends or family setting :
- Super Famicom (SNES) : Metroid, Castlevania, Kid Icarus, MegaMan, Mario
- SEGA MasterSystem : Alex Kid in the Miracle World, Ghouls 'n' Ghost, Sonic
- Amiga / Atari : Monkey Island, Dune, Rick Dangerous, The Settlers, Syndicate wars
- PS1 : WipeOut, Ico, Doom, FF7, Crash Bandicoot / Crash Team Racing
- PS2 : Maximo, Shadow of the Colossus

Old school 2D games & midi sounds were the best, pulling the imagination !

Reactions: Krash1990 and sadghost
Maximoo

Maximoo

Mar 2, 2019
I loved Sonic games when I was a kid. I don't really remember what they were called but I used to play a specific Sonic game all the time as a child. I loved The Sims as well. I remember when The Sims 3 came out; I used to rush home after school just to play it lol

Reactions: sadghost
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Movies: Old Yeller, Black Beauty, Pokemon 4ever, The Emperor's New Groove

Video games: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Pokemon Platinum, Nintendogs

Music: Kesha, Josh Turner, Eminem... An interesting variety.
View attachment 35263

I grew up with Harry Potter both the books and the movies. It was a like a tradition every year or two to buy the latest book or see the latest movie in the series.

I remember having a lot of vhs tapes! Mostly Disney stuff. Having to rewind them was normal but now it would be a pain!!
This is all super relatable. Djd you ever watch the Lilo and Stitch tv show?

Last edited:
Reactions: sadghost
RileyTanaka

RileyTanaka

ill / failure
Mar 20, 2020
Sad the OP is banned now, as I wanted to say thanks for posting this thread. It got me to download a couple of my childhood games (wolfenstein and Quest for Glory 1 remake) and play them through DOSbox. It brought me a little glimmer of nostalgic joy the last couple days. I felt like I was 12 again.

enjolras

enjolras

Dead are useless if not to love the living more
Feb 13, 2020
Movies : The Goonies, Gremlins, Honey I shrunk the kids, Batteries not included (cutest robots ever!)

sadghost

sadghost

S
May 17, 2020
So many to list. A couple favourites for the memories they bring back, which was mostly about friends or family setting :
- Super Famicom (SNES) : Metroid, Castlevania, Kid Icarus, MegaMan, Mario
- SEGA MasterSystem : Alex Kid in the Miracle World, Ghouls 'n' Ghost, Sonic
- Amiga / Atari : Monkey Island, Dune, Rick Dangerous, The Settlers, Syndicate wars
- PS1 : WipeOut, Ico, Doom, FF7, Crash Bandicoot / Crash Team Racing
- PS2 : Maximo, Shadow of the Colossus

Old school 2D games & midi sounds were the best, pulling the imagination !

Omg Crash Bandicoot was my life :happy:

Reactions: Élégie
Eren

Eren

Si hablas español mándame un MP
Oct 27, 2018
Videogames: a lot of gbc/gba games

also some pc games: