knydane

knydane

Knydane
Aug 29, 2023
I'm just curious, if I ever decide to ctb, and don't want to fail, what methods would you say 100% work. I wouldn't do hanging because it's too traumatising, and I wouldn't use a shotgun because I can't legally get one. I really want to try drowning for some reason

OrphicEnd

OrphicEnd

ㅤㅤ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎
Aug 24, 2023
100% does not exist, there can always be unforeseen circumstances.
Among the least gruesome methods, which have a high success rate, are hanging (it's possible to hyperventilate before passing out just before) and SN (which depends a lot on the quality of the antiemetic treatment followed) I think.

Last edited:
Reactions: heavyeyes, knydane and DeadHead
an_alias

an_alias

milosh
Dec 21, 2020
I really want to try drowning for some reason
Drowning probably isn't your best bet here. it's probably the most painful and traumatising way to suffocate - your survival instincts will kick in very quickly, and that's why waterboarding exists.

Reactions: knydane, rosenwasser and countdown3210
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Jumping off the top of a skyscraper.

Reactions: TheGoodGuy and knydane
RainLover

RainLover

Just another one
Aug 9, 2023
Drowning probably isn't your best bet here. it's probably the most painful and traumatising way to suffocate - your survival instincts will kick in very quickly, and that's why waterboarding exists.
SWB tries to avoid the feeling of drowning while drowning as you are unconscious.

No method has a 100%, every method has its pros and cons, but if you're looking to something reliable, firearms, hanging, and inert gases are some options in my opinion, again there is not a method perfect to everyone, you will have to see which suits you the best

• Informative
Reactions: knydane and an_alias
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
100% only exists with full suspension hanging (all full suspension methods). If you are not rescued and you can't get your feet onto sth you will die whether you pass out quickly or not.

Did you ever see a convict survive a death penalty by hanging?

Reactions: knydane, DeadHead and 54378
RainLover

RainLover

Just another one
Aug 9, 2023
Jumping off the top of a skyscraper.
Depends a lot on the impact, there has been reports of people surviving from falls from every height, it is probable you die, but there is always a chance you don't, and the consequences in that case are massive

Reactions: knydane and DeadHead
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
no idea how this guy survived. result of shotgun to his head.

Attachments

• Monte-Callaway.jpg
    Monte-Callaway.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: knydane
Arihman

Arihman

Efilist, atheist, pro-right to die.
Jun 8, 2023
You know, maybe there should be a thread ranking ctb methods by reliability, using percentages to show the odds of success and failure, and the consequences of the latter. Just saying.

Reactions: sserafim and knydane
sensenmann

sensenmann

this will be the end of me
Jun 14, 2023
no idea how this guy survived. result of shotgun to his head.
I have seen a few of people like this, in most cases they flinched or held the shotgun wrong.

Reactions: DeadHead
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
I'm just curious, if I ever decide to ctb, and don't want to fail, what methods would you say 100% work. I wouldn't do hanging because it's too traumatising, and I wouldn't use a shotgun because I can't legally get one. I really want to try drowning for some reason
Nitrogen
Jumping off the Empire State Building in NYC

Reactions: DeadHead
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Assisted suicide at a clinic. Presumably- if something goes wrong- they will have a backup plan. They aren't going to want to get a reputation for maiming people.
You know, maybe there should be a thread ranking ctb methods by reliability, using percentages to show the odds of success and failure, and the consequences of the latter. Just saying.

There is:

Reactions: Arihman and knydane
D

DeadHead

Belief is the enemy of knowledge
Aug 20, 2023
100% only exists with full suspension hanging (all full suspension methods). If you are not rescued and you can't get your feet onto sth you will die whether you pass out quickly or not.

This is the cold, hard truth. It literally is the only 100% way. And the simplest. But far from the easiest.

Reactions: knydane and Praestat_Mori
ayaneechan

ayaneechan

Angelic Demon
May 7, 2023

Hanging can fail even if not done correctly, when I attempted with this method I failed cuz this and I not attempted gain. It was an impulsive attempt and not planed

• Hugs
Reactions: knydane and Praestat_Mori
D

Duality

Harmony in Duality
May 27, 2023
I'll also chime in and say that no method is 100%, but there are methods that are very effective anyway where I wouldn't worry about the failure rate.

A gunshot with the barrel in your mouth, aimed towards the brainstem, is one of the most effective ways with very little risk. I have not heard of someone surviving this.

Anyway I'll leave a link here that lists the success rate of numerous methods (it says shotgun to the head is 99%, but a shotgun in the mouth aimed towards the brainstem would probably be 100%).

tiredangelgirl

tiredangelgirl

i'm sorry i'm trying my best
Aug 1, 2022
someone had made a spreadsheet of this once but I haven't seen it floating around on the site for a while. one thing I don't like about here is i'll see something once and can't find it again

a lot of people keep saying firearms but I knew someone that had shot them selves successfully in the face and still lived. he was older and had severe memory issues for the rest of his life. was overall high functioning but would forget what year it was, his kids names sometimes, etc

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
A shotgun blast into the mouth and out the back of the head is as close to 100% as can be achieved. No method can ever be 100% certainty of success because of "unknown unknowns" (things we don't even know that we don't know) in this world.

I understand that the OP has ruled out shotgun because of the reason they stated. Many other methods can be successful if someone is willing to learn all they can about them, ask questions about them, and plan accordingly.

It would be better for the OP to state a method they are leaning towards, and then start a discussion about the pros and cons of that method.

knydane

knydane

Knydane
Aug 29, 2023
A shotgun blast into the mouth and out the back of the head is as close to 100% as can be achieved. No method can ever be 100% certainty of success because of "unknown unknowns" (things we don't even know that we don't know) in this world.

I understand that the OP has ruled out shotgun because of the reason they stated. Many other methods can be successful if someone is willing to learn all they can about them, ask questions about them, and plan accordingly.

It would be better for the OP to state a method they are leaning towards, and then start a discussion about the pros and cons of that method.
What do you think about the night night method or overdose?

Minsu

Minsu

♀️🏳️‍🌈
Jan 17, 2023
There are some methods that are 100% reliable. For example jumping into the volcano

an_alias

an_alias

milosh
Dec 21, 2020
night-night isn't super reliable and failed attempts can cause brain damage
Overdoses are also unreliable and have terrible consequences

nevermeant2b

nevermeant2b

Sep 11, 2023
Jumping from a skyscraper or very high structure is the way I'll go

Reactions: TheGoodGuy and knydane
knydane

knydane

Knydane
Aug 29, 2023
Alright, I remember before I was thinking to hang myself but I'm not so sure since a lot of people say it's traumatising for whoever sees it, what do you think?
YEAH!! I agree
night-night isn't super reliable and failed attempts can cause brain damage
Overdoses are also unreliable and have terrible consequences
Ohh, right, in the end I'll have to look more into what's right for me anyway

DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
Dehydration and starvation have 100 percent mortality.

Reactions: garrypallister99
A

ae300

Sep 16, 2023
I wouldn't do hanging because it's too traumatising,
That sound a little bit like "Train pls hit me,but don't hurt me".
I really want to try drowning for some reason

You can read about it in various books on forensic medicine. This is external suffocation, your entire body's O2 pool must be depleted until you become unconscious! In hanging only the small O2 pool of your brain. So 2-3 minutes vs 5-10 seconds (averaged). Thats a lot more ... and your can simulate it on your own.

Reactions: garrypallister99
squareminus1

squareminus1

Aug 12, 2023
Actually this is very different to my knowledge, when one ctbs with hanging a slipknot is used, which can lead to the potentially brutal ways that people mess up and slowly suffocate.

I think the aim when hanging people from a death penalty perspective is to use a hangmans knot and a precicely calculated fall based on the victims weight and build.

A good excecutioner knows how far to drop you so that it breaks your neck instantly and kills you ver quick (some excecutioners even took pride in how swiftly and cleanly they could make this process), obviously they can still mess up in which case yea the person getting excuted will have a bad time but for different reasons I guess, more like getting imediately injured so bad that they internally bleed to death.

But I could be talking out my ass that's just what I think happens.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Overdoses are notoriously unreliable. I have no opinion on the night-night method.
There are some methods that are 100% reliable. For example jumping into the volcano
That's an unrealistic method, IMO. It's not a method available to many people. And it's doubtful you'd ever get close enough to an active volcano to throw yourself in. Maybe you'd be overcome by the SO2 gas and die that way.

Last edited: