F

freedomfreezerstar

Dec 14, 2020
is there any media or music that you feel really expresses your suicide or life in general ?

these are mine : - No Below by Speedy Ortiz
and - Happy by Mitski (trigger warning for abuse, murder, trauma, domestic abuse, racism)

The first song by Speedy Ortiz is one of the few songs I can honestly and deeply connect to on a comprehensive level. It sums up alot of my life and my mental illness and how I act pretty much. I was isolated most of my childhood and still am stuck in a childish mindset. However, i have usually been pushed into some sort of surface level normalcy in one way or another because I don't tell anyone about my problems, so all of my childhood I have felt like I have been dying in silence around my peers. The images it brings up for me are really sad and are basically like leaving my school during a sunset and watching everyone who was around me live normal or able lives while I kind of left and died.

The second song feels really connective to me on a mental level because of the distortion in the instrumental flow and how it plays out. It kind of reminds me of how I would just ignore all of my problems and go on day after day getting worse and worse and worse and just feeling intense anxiety freeze me as if I was icy.

Reactions: Vault of Memories
N

Nigh

Experienced
Oct 12, 2020
Lana Del Rey - Born To Die. I used to think, even before the song came out, that I was born to die. I even remember the first time I heard it, it was being advertised on the telly. I just stopped in my tracks and thought, thank fuck I'm not the only one who thinks like this. My sister thought the song was absurd, weird and dark. But to me it was real and honest. One verse that really stood out to me goes; I was so confused as a little child
Tried to take what I could get, scared that I couldn't find
All the answers I need

Life preplexed me so much when I was younger, and more so now as an adult. Anyway, while being sectioned in a mental hospital, due to a failed suicide attempt, I met a young lady there - who was obsessed with Lana Del Rey. And when I say obsessed, I mean OBSESSED. She would stalk her timeline. Find out what her favourite book was, her favourite play, her favourite artist. She would know all her ex boyfriends names, why they broke up...and so on, and so on. But she was a sweetheart...and now everytime I hear Lana Del Rey I can't help but to think of her.

Last edited:
sadlystillgoing3

sadlystillgoing3

Feb 3, 2019

I found this song freshman year of high school. My life was pretty difficult then but hadn't gone to complete shit. I found this band and they have gotten me through every year since. This song is my favorite. It reminds me of the hope that I had and my potential...kind of depressing, but ah well. **the song is actually inspirational and beautiful, but the feelings I get from it are the depressing part :(

Vault of Memories

Vault of Memories

A temporary being in a temporary world
Mar 24, 2020
@freedomfreezerstar Tbh I'm surprised I found someone on here that listens to Speedy Ortiz. I haven't listened to them in a while, but I do remember discovering them from their Tiger Tank music video like 5+ years ago and saw them live once at a small venue.

grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
This is a song that expresses my life and implicated by it suicidal tendencies.