• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

G

General Alek

Jul 15, 2024
I usually got ENTJ

mbti isn't perfect or anything, but its a rough marker

I find it pretty interesting

Reactions: lamargue, etherealspring, Alexei_Kirillov and 2 others
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
INTP

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, etherealspring, Alexei_Kirillov and 2 others
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
I always get ESTP

• Love
Reactions: sserafim
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I am INFP but I never seem to get that result anymore in lighter quizzes, only in the more rigorous tests.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
INTJ

Most responses will similarly be introverted intuitives, though it's unclear whether that's because INXXs are more likely to know their type/be interested in MBTI, or because they're overrrepresented on the site.

Grimpoteuthis

Grimpoteuthis

Your deep sea friend
Jul 1, 2023
usually INTJ from MBTI tests and INTP from cognitive functions tests

litekiller11

litekiller11

May 31, 2024
HDMI

• Yay!
Reactions: mlha, ForgottenAgain, amnesia999 and 1 other person
astr4

astr4

memento mori
Mar 27, 2019
ENFP but disclaimer i find this to be a pseudoscience and wholly inaccurate at measuring personality dimensions. OCEAN better captures people, i feel.

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
ENFP but disclaimer i find this to be a pseudoscience and wholly inaccurate at measuring personality dimensions. OCEAN better captures people, i feel.
Big Five? I'm RLUEI

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
That's probably true but when I took it I scored very low on all the OCEA metrics and the maximum in Neuroticism so if it's accurate then I'm fucked.

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Mar 9, 2024
This has been repeated so often that it's almost a cliché at this point. At the end of the day, all personality typing systems have the same flaw: they're artificially constructed categorizations based on self-reported data.

OCEAN is also "pseudoscientific" in that sense; who's to say that the right way to boil down someone's character is to measure openness, conscientiousness, extroversion, agreeableness, and neuroticism? What do these terms even mean? What questions could you ask to accurately assess them? Not to mention that there are hundreds of other terms that could've been chosen, those precise five are somewhat arbitrary. People will also get different results everytime they take a Big Five test, because that's just the nature of asking people questions about themselves.

None of that means that it can't be a useful tool. OCEAN tends to be good for population-level studies and has the advantage of placing people on a spectrum, instead of into discrete boxes, just like how MBTI tends to be good for understanding how people make decisions, and the Enneagram tends to be good for understanding what motivates people. The question isn't whether one system is "better" or "more scientific," it's "Which screwdriver do I need for this screw?"

Reactions: lamargue and Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
This has been repeated so often that it's almost a cliché at this point. At the end of the day, all personality typing systems have the same flaw: they're artificially constructed categorizations based on self-reported data.

OCEAN is also "pseudoscientific" in that sense; who's to say that the right way to boil down someone's character is to measure openness, conscientiousness, extroversion, agreeableness, and neuroticism? What do these terms even mean? What questions could you ask to accurately assess them? Not to mention that there are hundreds of other terms that could've been chosen, those precise five are somewhat arbitrary. People will also get different results everytime they take a Big Five test, because that's just the nature of asking people questions about themselves.

None of that means that it can't be a useful tool. OCEAN tends to be good for population-level studies and has the advantage of placing people on a spectrum, instead of into discrete boxes, just like how MBTI tends to be good for understanding how people make decisions, and the Enneagram tends to be good for understanding what motivates people. The question isn't whether one system is "better" or "more scientific," it's "Which screwdriver do I need for this screw?"
I think for both MBTI and OCEAN, Human Resources departments like to use them both because they're fairly useful for categorizing employees at least. I took the OCEAN for my HR class after all.

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Mar 9, 2024
I think for both MBTI and OCEAN, Human Resources departments like to use them both because they're fairly useful for categorizing employees at least. I took the OCEAN for my HR class after all.
Yeah, I actually think it's unfortunate how typing systems have come to be used by HR departments for hiring purposes, because then they're being used for predictive purposes in what I would say is a discriminatory fashion. Divination is not, in fact, one of the legitimate uses of any personality typing system.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Cinnamorolls

Cinnamorolls

Student
Apr 28, 2024
INFJ which is apparently the rarest one, but I always see a bajillion people online claiming to be this one so it doesn't seem like it's actually rare.

G

General Alek

Jul 15, 2024
ahh, the only extrovert here

• Yay!
Reactions: astr4
yellowjester

yellowjester

I'm only sleeping
Jun 2, 2024
INFJ which is apparently the rarest one, but I always see a bajillion people online claiming to be this one so it doesn't seem like it's actually rare.
INFJs (along with INFPs) are the most likeable personality type so it doesn't suprise me that many would claim that one for themselves.

• Wow
  • Yay!
Reactions: Cinnamorolls, Dr Iron Arc and derpyderpins
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Proud Normie
Sep 19, 2023
I'm told this is strictly not possible, but I was always INTJ growing up through my mid-20s and have been INFP since then.

INFJs (along with INFPs) are the most likeable personality type so it doesn't suprise me that many would claim that one for themselves.
lol I've never heard that and I don't think it makes me likable.

K

Kavka

Jun 11, 2024
I'm told this is strictly not possible, but I was always INTJ growing up through my mid-20s and have been INFP since then.

lol I've never heard that and I don't think it makes me likable.
The (test-retest) reliability of the MBTI is low, so it's not surprising that you get a different result when retesting. I agree that your INFP result isn't the reason why you're likeable.

Reactions: derpyderpins
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Proud Normie
Sep 19, 2023
The (test-retest) reliability of the MBTI is low, so it's not surprising that you get a different result when retesting.
I've always had an interest in personality tests and the like. I'm saying when I was in middle school, high school several times, undergrad several times, and the beginning of law school, I'd always get INTJ. I changed a good bit from my early-mid 20's to present (I think for the better) and I will now almost always get INFP, and if I get something else it's never INTJ.
I agree that your INFP result isn't the reason why you're likeable.
Thank you for the generous syntax lol.

• Love
Reactions: Kavka
Cinnamorolls

Cinnamorolls

Student
Apr 28, 2024
Really? I thought the impression most have is that we're too emotional and overthink things. It's the most emotionally driven/least logical out of all the types, isn't it?

yellowjester

yellowjester

I'm only sleeping
Jun 2, 2024
Really? I thought the impression most have is that we're too emotional and overthink things. It's the most emotionally driven/least logical out of all the types, isn't it?
Well, I guess it's somewhat subjective. I'm INTP and I like people who are more intuitive and sense-driven, without being annoying extroverts; I feel like I can connect with them the best.