ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
it's a stupid question, i guess. "we do not value life" or "we want to end our pain at any cost" are obvious simple answers.

but how come we think like this? what is in us that make suicide not only a option, but THE utmost option?

why are you like this? why are we like this?

i don't have an answer. i am merely looking for insights, so anything would do if you will. thanks.

• Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Cursed4ever, Deleted member 23586 and 11 others
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
Child abuse fucked up my brain.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Cursed4ever, Deleted member 23586 and 18 others
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I think we are just unusually negative compared to a regular person. Cause when a normal person has a problem they will try to solve it a regular way but we just have so many stuff piled up that the only answers seems to be suicide. I'm the most negative person compared to the people around me and I often find myself not being able to express opinions/even just talk or discuss anything because I'm just way to negative and people don't get me

• Hugs
Reactions: darkghost, Deleted member 23586, elfgyoza and 10 others
SmellyRat

SmellyRat

Arcanist
Nov 5, 2018

PTSD ;-;
giphy.gif

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Mr2005, angelfeather, AnnonyBox and 8 others
M

maybepossiblyithink

Oct 22, 2020
In my case, I'm too realistic. I've known the truth of the world forever. I can't let myself dream. Other people can, and they put their entire livelihood on those dreams.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, pthnrdnojvsc, DivineMedicus and 14 others
Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
Parents screwed my brain, then the world got hold of me and finished the job off. My only way of taking control is ctb.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Nitrogennitrite, Susannah, angelfeather and 13 others
yive

yive

life is evil
Nov 6, 2020
i think something like this:

we are much more sensitive;
we are less adapted for survival;
we do not succumb to brain programming like «life is beautiful» and see farce, futility and a lot of unnecessary suffering here;
our personal problems in life;
we know that life is terrible and hopeless and we cannot stop knowing it.

also, i believe that most of the so-called «normal» people are simply deluded about life, feed themselves with illusions and false hopes

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, JGT, pthnrdnojvsc and 22 others
M

maybepossiblyithink

Oct 22, 2020

we do not succumb to brain programming like «life is beautiful» and see farce, futility and a lot of unnecessary suffering here;
we know that life is terrible and hopeless and we cannot stop knowing it
My panic disorder and anxiety has made me more aware of what the world really is. People say I worry too much or I need to ''lighten up,'' but I don't see it that way. I'm more wary, cautious, and careful.
Also being a selective mute makes you realize how little effort people actually put in to talking to people. They always give up no matter what you give them. No one actually cares, and it feels like I'm the only one who notices.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: cowbain, ecmnesia, botanormal and 4 others
SmellyRat

SmellyRat

Arcanist
Nov 5, 2018

we know that life is terrible and hopeless and we cannot stop knowing it.

also, i believe that most of the so-called "normal" people are simply deluded about life, entertain themselves with illusions and false hopes

I agree life is pointless, a fucking nightmare, and filled with pain and suffering for no reason except this evil universe.
Humans are retarded, and dont realize we will go extinct one day like 99% of all other life forms on this shit hole have.
My chocolate SN can't be made soon enough.:ahhha:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Nitrogennitrite, ecmnesia and 7 others
CoalmineCanary

CoalmineCanary

Jul 15, 2020
why are you like this? why are we like this?

i don't have an answer. i am merely looking for insights, so anything would do if you will. thanks.

Dr. Robert Sapolsky on Individual differences (@1:43):

Too sensitive?

The term "empath" is being used more commonly these days.

These are not necessary things I personally believe but rather offering perspective as requested.

Hope it is helpful.

Last edited:
Reactions: ecmnesia, Ghost2211 and Hazelnut
All washed up

All washed up

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
I was 'normal' for 55 years.

Doesn't really take that much to go wrong to end up having a negative outlook.
I've also packed a lot into those years and pretty much feel I've done all I want, more money or a decent job would maybe make me 'normal' again.
But I'm very unsure of this.

• Hugs
Reactions: ecmnesia, botanormal, Ghost2211 and 2 others
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
For them, suicide isn't an option, as in, suicide isn't even a possibility that they seriously consider to go through. They have a positive outlook, even if it doesn't make sense to have it. They have also been programmed by society. They see life as a gift to be thankful for.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, pthnrdnojvsc, UglyDuck666 and 12 others
yive

yive

life is evil
Nov 6, 2020
I agree life is pointless, a fucking nightmare, and filled with pain and suffering for no reason except this evil universe.
Humans are retarded, and dont realize we will go extinct one day like 99% of all other life forms on this shit hole have.
My chocolate SN can't be made soon enough.:ahhha:
truth is in nothing, and only in nothing is truth...

• Love
Reactions: Nitrogennitrite, ecmnesia, botanormal and 2 others
StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
I can only speak for myself:

I've never been diagnosed but I'm pretty sure I have some kind of mental illness which has caused me to be such a social outcast since my teens. Since I was always so alone and sad I would gravitate towards learning about the many negative aspects of life because it would make me feel better. Now that I'm aware of all the suffering that all inhabitants of the natural world are constantly put through I will never be able to look at life in a positive light. The only hope I have is that maybe someday some kind of miracle technology will be able to eliminate every living being's capacity for suffering, but this could only be in the far future after billions upon billions of more creatures have suffered and died, and it's much more likely we'll instead use future technology to cause even more suffering like we've seen in many dystopian works of fiction which are all modeled on observable human behavior. Either way there's no hope for me in this lifetime.

As for other people I think there are a myriad of reasons, a lot of them are more deeper than mine, but I always point to life/nature being flawed as the cause of all our misery

• Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, zi99, ecmnesia and 5 others
SmellyRat

SmellyRat

Arcanist
Nov 5, 2018
For them, suicide isn't an option, as in, suicide isn't even a possibility that they seriously consider to go through. They have a positive outlook, even if it doesn't make sense to have it. They have also been programmed by society. They see life as a gift to be thankful for.

Humans also have an optimism bias which makes sense evolutionary speaking.
The more optimistic deluded genes would win out over the more pessimistic realistic ones who see the world for the shit hole it is.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Nitrogennitrite, ecmnesia and 6 others
Hazelnut

Hazelnut

Sep 15, 2020
I think most of us are way more lucid about our human condition and this fucked up world.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, pthnrdnojvsc, Ἡγησίας and 10 others
antigone_iris

antigone_iris

Wizard
Oct 25, 2020
I refer to the Matrix a bit too often, I guess, but here it is: we took the red pill, while they took the blue one. We have our eyes open and we're unwilling to delude ourselves that everything is rosy and that unicorns ride rainbows.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, JGT, pthnrdnojvsc and 12 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I'm a logical emapth.... how fucked up a cobo is that lol

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ecmnesia, woxihuanni, demuic and 4 others
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
I was always fairly cynical, but four years ago full on nihilism kicked in and I just don't see the point of anything.
I blame the people who blacklisted me: "family", "friends" and the authorities.

• Hugs
Reactions: JGT, pthnrdnojvsc, UglyDuck666 and 7 others
VisionsOfHell

VisionsOfHell

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
I dont think we are special in any way. All humans are capable of suicide if they suffer enough.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, UglyDuck666, Susannah and 9 others
yive

yive

life is evil
Nov 6, 2020
this universe encourages psychopathy and cynical behavior. if we go to extremes, then: either you are an evil and cynical psychopath, determined to win and survive, or you are a sensitive and empathic person whom this world and society simply will not accept

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, pthnrdnojvsc, ecmnesia and 7 others
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
Past experience leading me to illogically think the future will be the same when there is no proof of this being true once inspected.
I think for people in general it is simply considering the positives of living versus the negatives and deciding the best option as far as we think it is.
Logic can lead you to view the world as it is and not as it could be.

I think the question is very complicated to answer.

• Hugs
Reactions: ecmnesia, Hazelnut, botanormal and 3 others
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
I dont think we are special in any way. All humans are capable of suicide if they suffer enough.
I like to blame my environment for allot of the mishaps that have occurred in my life but I think it is also genetic to a degree.
So in that sense, some of us might be "special" because we were not equipped with a framework to deal with the reality that is life and all the bullshit that comes along with it.

Reactions: ecmnesia, demuic, SmellyRat and 3 others
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
No one is special we are all uniquely the same.
Once you can see everything for what it is it can be hard to find reasons to want to actually continue.
Within an alternative society I am sure some would actually be motivated to contribute and etch out their place.
Some of us have simply got "broken" brains which do not allow us to feel pleasure.

• Hugs
Reactions: ecmnesia, cowbain, Ghost2211 and 3 others
T

TheEndisNear121200

Student
Oct 10, 2020
Same.
It has been found that adults who were abused or maltreated as children have 4 times more risk of developing mental illness than their peers who were not abused

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, ecmnesia, botanormal and 4 others
I

Intelligent_Lobster

I knew taking this picture would come in handy
Mar 30, 2019
i am like this because I have not much of any other option.

I am trans, which puts me at a higher risk.
I self harm, which puts me at a higher risk.
I have PTSD, which puts me at a higher risk.

i have had a hard time fighting the urge to kill myself lately. I've been exploring it again as an option. I think "normal" people who aren't at risk of suicide don't consider it because they don't have as many risk factors as many of us here.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 23586, ecmnesia, Ghost2211 and 4 others
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
i am like this because I have not much of any other option.

I am trans, which puts me at a higher risk.
I self harm, which puts me at a higher risk.
I have PTSD, which puts me at a higher risk.

i have had a hard time fighting the urge to kill myself lately. I've been exploring it again as an option. I think "normal" people who aren't at risk of suicide don't consider it because they don't have as many risk factors as many of us here.
I think we could benefit by looking past the label we are given and looking into the cluster of symptoms or thought patterns that give rise to the label and investigating their cause itself.

OopsIdidntwanttodie

OopsIdidntwanttodie

Ctb by the 20th of December
Oct 11, 2020
i once asked my ex what he does to keep on going when he wants to give up and what makes him want to keep living when the world is against him.

being "normal", he said that first of all, he didnt want to not live, and he has no reason to not keep going. he also said that if things are shit, everyone has the power to change the situation to suit them. i realized that the thought of suicide is unfathomable to people who have never been in such a helpless situation before. which is why its easy for people to recommend therapy, anti depressants, and calling the suicide hotline. in my experience those things haven't worked for me and have increased my suicidal ideation. some people just can't understand because they have what they need therefore, suicide isn't an option. its also easier for them to tell you that you have the power to change the outcomes.

i also read somewhere that when youre happy, you're more likely to be stuck in the moment than think about the bad. so when you're sad for long periods you become vulnerable and easily see the bad.

• Hugs
Reactions: JGT, demuic, ecmnesia and 6 others
C

cantbehelped

Oct 28, 2020
I think we are just unusually negative compared to a regular person. Cause when a normal person has a problem they will try to solve it a regular way but we just have so many stuff piled up that the only answers seems to be suicide. I'm the most negative person compared to the people around me and I often find myself not being able to express opinions/even just talk or discuss anything because I'm just way to negative and people don't get me

I can relate to all of this SO much.

Reactions: ecmnesia and TheEndisNear121200
I

Intelligent_Lobster

I knew taking this picture would come in handy
Mar 30, 2019
I think we could benefit by looking past the label we are given and looking into the cluster of symptoms or thought patterns that give rise to the label and investigating their cause itself.
Of course that would be extremely helpful. Regardless of whether or not I choose to investigate the cause, the result (increased likelihood of suicide) will persist. Let's say I stop self harming tomorrow, the likelihood of suicide is still higher after 15 years of being clean than it is in someone that never self-harmed in the first place.
And on being trans, which is the biggest motivator for suicide for me. It will be ten years before I can have gender affirmation surgery. I am horrifically low-income and, mind, I am doing better financially these days I'm still no where close to surgery. It seems pointless to wait 10 years when I'm in bad health now and probably won't make it much longer regardless. I did and am considering trying self surgery before I ctb. Hopefully the hospital will finish the surgery if I start it myself, although doubtful. I can't suffer through ten more years with breasts. And even if I do, I am still trans, and the likelihood of suicide i

The PTSD is another topic. I will not speak on it however.

I just believe suicide is in my cards.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 23586