F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Seems like this phrase has different connotations. Some negative- as in for example- you can't get something nasty someone said to you out your head. I think I prefer the positive angle though. That something you really enjoy or resonate with often is on your mind.

Answer however you wish- positive or negative or, both if you like.

Of the positive things, the story of Jane Eyre is often on my mind. Some dumb arse romantic illusion that two people can save one another. I often have lines from films or TV series pop into my mind. From the TV series, Jonathan Creek, an insult that often springs to mind when I'm feeling old: A description of one of the characters said he was all seized up with arthritis- 'like walking rigor mortis.' I sometimes feel like that.

Of the negative stuff, it tends to be memories from childhood I'd much rather forget.

What about you? Any positive or negative obsessions?

• Love
Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov, LifeQuitter and astr4
Gorbolflungus

Gorbolflungus

--------------------
Sep 15, 2024
I think about playing the drums pretty often, although I've never even touched one.

• Love
Reactions: watchdog, Forever Sleep and astr4
absolutelyyou

absolutelyyou

peaceful
Jul 26, 2023
Honestly? Way too many fuckin memes. I think its the autism that cases me to like and hold onto funny small bits but honestly its kind of annoying. How is one ever supposed to feel like an adult with their shit together if when I sit there chopping food for dinner my brain just says "they did surgery on a grape". Please brain. Let me have one normal thought.

• Yay!
Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov, Forever Sleep and astr4
astr4

astr4

memento mori
Mar 27, 2019
Of the negative stuff, it tends to be memories from childhood I'd much rather forget.
yuup

the past lives rent free in my head

embarrassing moments i wish i forgot? somehow entitled to free rent as well.

• Hugs
Reactions: Aloneandinpain, LifeQuitter, Demi-Fiend and 1 other person
Nolvalis94

Nolvalis94

Depressed Patrician
Feb 19, 2024
Mostly negatively: Open Individualism and (to a lesser extent) Empty Individualism.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
amnesia999

amnesia999

Lie, lie, lie - Life is a lie
Jun 30, 2024
I hate that saying, "lives rent-free in your head". Obviously everything in your head lives there rent-free, seeing as thoughts can't exactly saw their way through your skull and hand you money. So it makes no sense. People usually use that phrase to mean that you just can't stop obsessively thinking about something, and they're making fun of you for not being able to let it go.

One thing that really bugs me is people who support donald trump, when it's clear, at least to me, that the country will be much worse off if he's re-elected. That trump is bad news is so easy to see, but people turn a blind eye to all the red flags and decide to vote for him anyway.

Reactions: divinemistress36, yellowjester and Forever Sleep
J

JustAnx

Student
Oct 12, 2024
My low self steem and my pride. They are roomates and they don't really get along.

• Hugs
girlversuswar

girlversuswar

ʚїɞ CARYS ʚїɞ
Mar 18, 2024
songs. in my mind's eye, every moment i experience has a song attached to it. i see my life as if it's one prolonged, whirlwind movie; it's all cinematic in a twisted way.

• Love
Reactions: binturong and Forever Sleep
untothedepths

untothedepths

ego death, then death
Mar 20, 2023
negative - thoughts of "everyone hates you secretly' 'go self harm right now' 'your a piece of shit, die'

positive - im drawing and writing again but its all souless, forcing myself 2.

• Hugs
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Suicide and the desire to be dead

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep, yabujin, Alexei_Kirillov and 2 others
vadim

vadim

Disqualified From Being Human
Aug 10, 2023
Rat Park
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_Park

I know it was flawed and that you shouldn't project human emotions onto animals, but I can never stop thinking about the fact that the group that consumed the most morphine was the one made up of rats who'd grown up in rat park and were then transferred to solitary cages. If I were to project human emotions onto rats, I'd say that those who felt happiness at one point have a greater capacity for feeling pain than those who'd never known happiness at all.

• Informative
nir

nir

27/F/Canada
Aug 18, 2024
I think the desire for love/companionship constantly takes up space in my mind, especially when I'm trying to fall asleep.
I think about playing the drums pretty often, although I've never even touched one.
I hope you get to play them some day, if you want to :)

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, Alexei_Kirillov and divinemistress36
dune_dweller

dune_dweller

Puella Aeternus
Sep 6, 2024
Omg, start off getting one of those electronic drum pad things, like the Pyle Pro PTED06 and go to town.

It's not ergonomically correct like a more expensive electronic kit, but it's good starter for someone interested in learning or just playing around.

Reactions: Forever Sleep and Gorbolflungus
N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
A physics professor who might is among the smartest people on this planet who did not consider me smart.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep, Alexei_Kirillov and Nolvalis94
notwhereIbelong

notwhereIbelong

I'm so tired
Feb 12, 2023
Food, calories, weight. Loneliness.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: dune_dweller, Forever Sleep and Nolvalis94
amnesia999

amnesia999

Jun 30, 2024
Urban Dictionary sez...

Foid
Yet another slur used by incels to describe females/women because they can't get laid.
(See also: femoid)
foid
shorthand for femoid, a pejorative used by incels to degrade women

• Informative
Reactions: EvisceratedJester, Forever Sleep and Dr Iron Arc
FujoshiNeet

FujoshiNeet

✌️ you are mentally ill ✌️
Jan 21, 2024
Urban Dictionary sez...

Foid
Yet another slur used by incels to describe females/women because they can't get laid.
(See also: femoid)
foid
shorthand for femoid, a pejorative used by incels to degrade women
can you translate every time this gerbil posts?

amnesia999

amnesia999

Jun 30, 2024
What I want to know is, what the fuck is it that draws so many incel types to troll post in this forum. There's something I don't want living rent-free in my head.

Reactions: LifeQuitter, EvisceratedJester and Forever Sleep
P

pyx

Wizard
Jun 5, 2024
there's a particularly leathery spot on my inner thigh, it's been there for weeks

• Hugs
Reactions: dune_dweller
yabujin

yabujin

Oct 21, 2024
I use that slang almost on autopilot +I hate her and the way she talks about cels on gram it made me type out like this
But I was actually gonna say a lot of aspects in her are perfect desirable fit for me

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
School, wanting to kill myself, psychedelics, and The Garden/Enjoy

• Hugs
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Too many things. It's getting crowded in here.

• Yay!
Manletmachine1

Manletmachine1

Oct 7, 2024
My oneitis