F

filthyrottendirty

Experienced
Feb 20, 2021
I love the way German sounds but I'm learning Japanese for...research purposes, I know a bit of Spanish because I always heard it growing up in my area there is a lot of Spanish speakers never bother to learn it tho

• Hugs
Reactions: gr1lledcheese, nopointofliving, hahabye and 5 others
W

Werewolf.

Student
May 28, 2021
I speak Dutch, English and Urdu. I can understand German to a degree when it is written. Same thing for other European languages, though to a lesser degree. I can make out words here and there, but not the full meaning of a sentence. I can also understand Punjabi but I cannot speak it. I can also read Arabic but I can neither speak nor understand it. Except for a portion I have memorized due to being religious. I am not learning any languages, but if I could learn any, I think I would learn Japanese! That way, I could watch Japanese horror movies without having to rely on subtitles. But that will always just be a dream. I did manage to pick up words and phrases here and there though! Russian would also be nice to learn. I just lack the will to do so.

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, PartlyHuman, filthyrottendirty and 3 others
logan

logan

Warlock
May 20, 2021
I learned Russian at school.
Japanese would also be my favourite.

Reactions: CloudyNight, PartlyHuman, Callie Arcale and 1 other person
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I live in Ireland and I would like to learn irish. Very few on the island can speak it fluently which is sad.

other than that I'd like to learn spanish, french, italian.. and maybe Japanese or korean

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: nex, nopointofliving, lofticries and 1 other person
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
日本語

Reactions: filthyrottendirty
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
I know italian, english and a bit of spanish. I'm also learning hungarian for no particular reason

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
I used to speak Japanese. 日本語を話せます. I took a couple years of classes and was very invested in learning it, so that I could translate games or other media that did not have a localisation.

Now I am so ill, I have not studied Japanese in several months. I was registered to take the N4 JLPT around a year or so ago, but even at that time, I was too sick to make it to the test center.

しょうがない.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, filthyrottendirty, WitheringAway and 2 others
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
I speak Amharic and English. I tried to learn Ge'ez but stopped because of depression. If I feel hopeful in life (probably not going to happen) then I would like to resume my Ge'ez study and maybe also learn Arabic and Japanese.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Escapee, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, _r1a and 2 others
E

ErzsebetBATHORY

BLOOD COUNTESS. ashes ashes, we all fall down
Jun 2, 2021
i speek murican, russian, ukrainian polish and hungarian. i want to learn to read ancient egyptian hieroglyphs

Attachments

• sinksanksunk.jpg
    sinksanksunk.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 3
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
My native language is Spanish.

My second language is English and I even became an English teacher some years ago so, I could say that I've mastered this language but of course I always learn something new and might still make a few mistakes. I'm still human, after all lol.

Now, I'm studying Japanese and it seems I'm becoming quite good at it but it's really hard. I've never done something so difficult like this in my whole life! What's more, I'll start teaching basic Japanese on YouTube today if I manage to finish the script of my video and edit it.

Oh, I also know some basic Portuguese but stopped learning it because I wanna be 100% focused on Japanese.

Hugs and love,

Matt

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: Itz_d3p, Source Energy, PartlyHuman and 4 others
logan

logan

Warlock
May 20, 2021
Now, I'm studying Japanese and it seems I'm becoming quite good at it but it's really hard. I've never done something so difficult like this in my whole life! What's more, I'll start teaching basic Japanese on YouTube today if I manage to finish the script of my video and edit it.
I would love to see your Japanese video.
Maybe you can send me the link as PM.

• Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife
listeningpost1379

listeningpost1379

enduring winter
Apr 20, 2019
Other than my mother tongue, I can also understand English and Mandarin Chinese. I don't really wish to learn more atm, no more brain capacity anyway

Took French and Japanese at some point but don't remember anything lol

Last edited:
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
I used to speak Japanese. 日本語を話せます. I took a couple years of classes and was very invested in learning it, so that I could translate games or other media that did not have a localisation.

Now I am so ill, I have not studied Japanese in several months. I was registered to take the N4 JLPT around a year or so ago, but even at that time, I was too sick to make it to the test center.

しょうがない.
頑張って。 私もいつもいつも病気。その感じがひどい。
My native language is Spanish.

My second language is English and I even became an English teacher some years ago so, I could say that I've mastered this language but of course I always learn something new and might still make a few mistakes. I'm still human, after all lol.

Oh, I also know some basic Portuguese but stopped learning it because I wanna be 100% focused on Japanese.

Hugs and love,

Matt

漢字と音読み以外の日本語は難しくない。言語の練習するのは必要がある。

• Hugs
Reactions: filthyrottendirty, WornOutLife and Ame
thethatsitboy

thethatsitboy

Nós tudo vive pra morrer, mas luta pela vida
Jul 4, 2020
I love Norwegian! I speak portuguese and english

Reactions: nex
B

BlankUser

Mage
Apr 24, 2021
I love English the most. It's not my first language, but I love it.

Reactions: Source Energy, filthyrottendirty and nex
WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
I speak English, arabic, and French. I like Korean and I'm learning Spanish xD

amarillo

amarillo

Jan 30, 2021
My native language is Dutch, but I'm also fluent in English and I speak Spanish fairly well. I've also been learning Greek on and off for years and I understand a lot but speaking is a nightmare. Other than that, I took German and French in high school for 6 years but forgot most of it, although German is pretty easy to understand because it's so similar to Dutch.

hahabye

hahabye

always say never
Sep 14, 2019
Aside from my native language, I also speak English, broken German and Dutch, and a few words/phrases of Russian.

nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
Arabic, English........I know some Hindi, Spanish and Persian

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I would love to sit down and learn spanish with my dad.

To be honest though i have high skeptisim about other languages. Most likely because of my trust issues and its been done (on a smaller scale though) i just have this...fear seems like a good word, where its not true and "theyre" actually "teaching" us stuff to just make us look like idiots. So anything......i cant remember what its called and im sure what im about to say is going to offened someone but i dont mean to i just dont know how else to explain it. Basically anything thats not words im really skeptical of. Like chinese for example. Im fairly confident its irrational, i mean youd have to get everyone that speaks the language on board with the idea, but considering i feel like the worlds joke and im waiting for the ball to drop (including my trusted ones like husband and friends) i think its understandable even though its irrational.

goat

goat

Just a goat trying to get in the next bus
May 18, 2021
Portuguese, Spanish, French and English

My fav are Portuguese and Spanish because those languages have the funniest puns and expressions ever, idk I just vibe better with those lol

Squalo

Squalo

A Fatal Mistake
Jan 14, 2021
I speak Italian.

stop.

Reactions: esthe, Itz_d3p and filthyrottendirty
goat

goat

Just a goat trying to get in the next bus
May 18, 2021
I speak Italian.

stop.
Italian is so pretty, id love to learn it if I wasn't ready to ctb lol
Italy have pizza and Monica bellucci, all one needs to feed body and soul in order to survive this stone cold world, wholesome country

Reactions: Itz_d3p and whitefeather
Squalo

Squalo

A Fatal Mistake
Jan 14, 2021
Italian is so pretty, id love to learn it if I wasn't ready to ctb lol
Italy have pizza and Monica bellucci, all one needs to feed body and soul in order to survive this stone cold world, wholesome country
Italy is much colder, sad and depressed than it seems from the outside, Italians flee to other countries if they have the opportunity to do so.

Reactions: filthyrottendirty and whitefeather
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Italy is wholesome? Ma di cosa parli, matto che non sei altro? :haha:

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'm perfectly fine with just knowing English. My parents tried to get me to learn Mandarin Chinese as a kid but to do that I had to go to school on a Saturday so no way.

The only language I'd have any interest in knowing is maybe Japanese but knowing is not the same as learning. I don't care to learn anything useful much less a new language.

Reactions: filthyrottendirty
nex

nex

Student
May 3, 2021
German is my mother tongue, second language is English. I love the language and always try to improve, getting everything right, paying great attention to pronunciation etc.

I'm generally interested in languages, started learning a few but always quickly abandoned because I lost motivation, as with almost everything I do. Some of those languages are Italian, Spanish, Norwegian, Swedish.

Learned Latin and Ancient Greek at school, but only in the usual dead language way (only reading and writing and analysing, never speaking). I really like Latin, it's a fascinating language. I've often considered actually learning to speak it, but as always my motivation fades so quickly that that never happened. If I should ever find enough motivation to seriously learn a language, I'd learn to speak Latin.

Also tried to learn Japanese and Chinese (Mandarin) a long time ago, but quickly gave up because it overwhelmed me. Japanese mostly overwhelmed me with its writing system, Chinese both with writing system and phonetics etc. It is so alien to me as a Indo-European speaker/thinker that I feel like I can't begin to grasp it.

Considered learning Farsi as a distantly related Indo-European language just out of curiosity, but then... well, me and motivation.

Also considered learning Malay/Indonesian because I've heard it's remarkably logical and easy to grasp. My interest here is a non-Indo-European language that's easy to learn--and related to that, the interest in a language that (if what I heard is true) could theoretically be a prime candidate for world language, even better than English, which has its advantages and disadvantages for this job.

Last edited:
Reactions: zi99 and filthyrottendirty
poisonedminds

poisonedminds

Student
May 8, 2021
I speak fluent french, german and english. I tried to learn spanish but miserably failed lol