Religious Preference

• Total voters
Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020
Living in the South around a bunch of God fearing Southern Baptist's and Christians in general, I'm curious about this on here specifically because I know this forum is International.

Sorry if your following isn't posted as the limit has been reached.

Reactions: puppy9 and foreverlikethestars
foreverlikethestars

foreverlikethestars

Jun 23, 2020
I'm a pantheist

Reactions: Soul and Blue LIPS
Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020
I'm a pantheist

I had to Google that actually, but I can see that as a popular belief. Thank you for sharing :hug:

I just listed the "common" religions for the most part as the poll limited the answers

Reactions: foreverlikethestars
foreverlikethestars

foreverlikethestars

Jun 23, 2020
of course, ethics by baruch spinoza is one of the most important texts I've read :)
I had to Google that actually, but I can see that as a popular belief. Thank you for sharing :hug:

I just listed the "common" religions for the most part as the poll limited the answers

Reactions: Blue LIPS
Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020
of course, ethics by baruch spinoza is one of the most important texts I've read :)

I'll have to look into it at some point as I'm actually finding a solid ground in my own belief myself and am waiting on a book currently, but I'm always curious about how the way other things work because ultimately that is how the "others" were created.

The Revolt of The Angels by Anatole France

Is what I will be reading next

I've been a Satanist for a while now without really realizing it I guess lol. Even my tattoo of The Death Dealer by Frank Frazetta I've learned is depicted as the Eternal Champion.

Reactions: foreverlikethestars
I

Intheo

Student
Jul 1, 2020
I supposed I'm the closest to being a pantheist as well. I also like some buddhist principles.

Confucianism isn't a religion. It's more a set of rules to morally guide a society. I personally think it's mostly bullshit and the cause of so many of the problems with asian society.

Reactions: esse_est_percipi, draw a circle and Blue LIPS
Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020
I supposed I'm the closest to being a pantheist as well. I also like some buddhist principles.

Confucianism isn't a religion. It's more a set of rules to morally guide a society. I personally think it's mostly bullshit and the cause of so many of the problems with asian society.

I can't lie, I do believe in some form of reincarnation but loosely based on science I suppose or natural phenomenon you experience in your life.

But I would agree it does remind me of the joke about rules/laws being "they're more like guidelines" lol.

Reactions: draw a circle
LetzteAusfahrt

LetzteAusfahrt

Swiss gay, will definitely ctb on October 10th
Jun 27, 2020
The atheist option is missing for me

Reactions: Venessolotic, Weightoftheworld, Dreamless Sleep and 12 others
Szs33

Szs33

Sep 12, 2018
Agnostic here

Reactions: It'sMyLife, TheBigBurden, Sensei and 8 others
I

inactive

Student
Jul 26, 2020
The Church of Euthanasia :wink:

Reactions: Venessolotic, TheBigBurden, Flump and 7 others
Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020
The atheist option is missing for me

Well now I know lol. I am also atheist but prefer to more so defy God in its entirety. I just fucked up the answers as I see now not thinking about where I'm posting this and not having some "obvious" options lol. Oops.
The Church of Euthanasia :wink:

Lol I like I like. Do y'all sip wine?? Or N? :devil::wink:

• Hugs
Reactions: Venessolotic, inactive, LetzteAusfahrt and 2 others
foreverlikethestars

foreverlikethestars

Jun 23, 2020
Well now I know lol. I am also atheist but prefer to more so defy God in its entirety. I just fucked up the answers as I see now not thinking about where I'm posting this and not having some "obvious" options lol. Oops.

lmao love seeing some humor on this forum. can kinda get depraved

• Hugs
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
An "other" option would be good, instead of Confucianism maybe. And the ability to pick more than one could help. I'm agnostic, but also Jewish (nazis never asked what our beliefs were, just our genes), but I chose Taoist here because the Tao de Ching is my favourite religious text. On the other hand many of the ways Taoism has been abused in practice are vile.

Reactions: Abgrundanziehung and Blue LIPS
Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020
lmao love seeing some humor on this forum. can kinda get depraved

All I have to offer are jokes for the most part lol they're usually just too offensive :/ ugh quiet life.

An "other" option would be good, instead of Confucianism maybe. And the ability to pick more than one could help. I'm agnostic, but also Jewish (nazis never asked what our beliefs were, just our genes), but I chose Taoist here because the Tao de Ching is my favourite religious text. On the other hand many of the ways Taoism has been abused in practice are vile.

I almost remade the thread to be honest lol one of those "after the fact" thoughts of "I don't think many people here will choose this option hmmm" lol. But you did choose an option others have not, so that sparks interest. I'm not too literate on religion outside of Christianity for the most part. Speaking on terms of "root" religions. I didn't list Catholicism for example?

Reactions: Soul
LetzteAusfahrt

LetzteAusfahrt

Swiss gay, will definitely ctb on October 10th
Jun 27, 2020
Do you already know that wine is not good for your health?

Then prefer bitter N.
Only bitter medicine is good medicine

• Hugs
Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020
Do you already know that wine is not good for your health?

Then prefer bitter N.
Only bitter medicine is good medicine

Oh yeah!, used to chew up muh painkillaz!! It was bitter sweet so to speak lol :wink::pfff:

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I didn't list Catholicism for example?

Well, but that's included in Christianity, so. There are miles of varieties of Buddhism as well, and a handful of different forms of Judaism and Islam.

You did as well as you could given the limits of the poll-making gizmo. x

Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020
Well, but that's included in Christianity, so. There are miles of varieties of Buddhism as well, and a handful of different forms of Judaism and Islam.

You did as well as you could given the limits of the poll-making gizmo. x

That's what I was basically getting at, it's roots lie in Christianity.. I believe, but I'm not too keen on religions as a whole really. As a kid on up I usually stayed away from anything religious. Plus priests have a tendency to touch more than your soul.

puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
Where my fellow demon at??? :devil::devil::devil::halo::devil::devil::devil:

Reactions: XYZ
Nature_is_God

Nature_is_God

The cause of suffering is the desire to exist
Jul 27, 2020
Buddhism or Taoism. Asian religions are great.

Lorntroubles

Lorntroubles

Photography by Haris Nukem.
Jan 19, 2020
Don't think there are many Taoists and Confucianists around. In modern day, a lot of Asia has switched to Christianity or became atheist.

Nature_is_God

Nature_is_God

The cause of suffering is the desire to exist
Jul 27, 2020
Don't think there are many Taoists and Confucianists around. In modern day, a lot of Asia has switched to Christianity or became atheist.
They're still there though. When I went to Hong Kong a year ago, I went to multiple Buddhist and Taoist temples/places of worship. As for Confucianism, I always saw it as a way of life more than a religion.

Reactions: Soul
D

draw a circle

out.
Apr 10, 2020
The religion I'm following and the religion I like (or the idea of it, at least) are different though lol I can't choose

Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
I'm really more agnostic but my background is christianity. Learning about other religions and beliefs has contributed to my not ctb. It gives me more "what if <insert> is right"?

W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
Living in the South around a bunch of God fearing Southern Baptist's and Christians in general, I'm curious about this on here specifically because I know this forum is International.

Sorry if your following isn't posted as the limit has been reached.
Southern baptist christian's and the religious abuse I endured as a child is one of my many many reasons for being on this forum. I don't want to stir up an argument or anything because I know religion is a touchy subject for some but these people drove me to become suicidal as a child. I was forced into christian school where I was unmercifully bullied, teachers did nothing, 2 principals (who were pastors touched me inappropriately)...around age 14 my suicide drawings were found at school and I was called demon possessed and they literally tried to perform an exorcism on me. My parents were horrified all this happened. This school and church preached about "love, kindness and acceptance" but they were everything but. I'm really really not trying to upset anyone but I have never been around more hypocritical, mean bigotry filled people ever. This is just my personal story though.

Needless to say I am an atheist now.

Reactions: Distopic
Distopic

Distopic

Jul 27, 2020
I'm theoretically Christian, because I'm baptized, but right now I define myself as an agnostic. I am too skeptical to really believe in something without proofs, but I also have no proofs of the non-existence.

Reactions: TheBigBurden and esse_est_percipi
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I wish Jainism would have been included, seems to me the least reprehensible system. Maybe paganism is ok, though it depends how it is defined.

But in general, I think most religions are codified psychic impulses and drives, i.e. to dominate, subjugate, retaliate, hierarchize, to other and to exclude.
i.e. in Christian theology, one of the apparent joys of being in heaven, we are told, is being able to gaze upon those suffering eternally in hell (found in Tertullian, Augustine, Aquinas, Jonathan Edwards). What a delightful view of the meaning and summation of existence. If this isn't an obviously fabricated image based on ignoble human desires for revenge and schadenfreude, I don't know what is.

Buddhism isn't that much better in my view, with its theory of samsara, perpetual death, rebirth, suffering, caused by karmic energy. Just another man-made system to control behavior and thoughts through fear and intimidation ('until you stop desiring anything, thinking anything at all in fact, and annihilating your will, you will continue to be reborn and suffer. The point of all this is a state of ultimate nothingness, and you will continue to suffer until you attain this nothingness (p.s. killing yourself won't liberate you from the samsara cycle fyi, you didn't think you could get off that easily, did you?)'...Again, thanks for explaining existence to me and for the implied threats and subtle intimidation tactics. It's all more wonderful than I could have imagined...I guess all I have to do now is capitulate to your system, I accept being bludgeoned into submission since I have no other choice...)

Probably no religion encapsulates the meaning and purpose of the universe and life because either 1) there is no meaning and purpose and death is the end of everything and life is just a chemical blunder that happened on a random planet or maybe a few planets (i.e. 99.999% of the observable universe is inorganic and lifeless) before the eventual heat death of the universe or 2) the truth is more complex and astonishing than any human could ever conceive, and at death consciousness is somehow transferred to an unimaginable metaphysical plane of reality where a whole range of dmt-like quantum four-dimensional spacial topologies and possibilities and entities are experienced non-temporally. The question 'what is the meaning of this?' probably doesn't even occur because the meaning is somehow simply the experience itself, or is somehow evident so the question doesn't need to be asked. Perhaps your actions in life play a role in the type of experience you have, i.e whether you were generally kind or cruel to people and animals etc, perhaps not. Anyhow, this is already just speculation and rudimentary religious system-building so I'll stop there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Freeme3820