enduringwinter

enduringwinter

flower, water
Jun 20, 2024
No, IQ testing is very useful, just not so much on an individual basis and more for studying populations.
IQ tests are not in every language tho, except for the logic/math/shape rotation parts it always vastly underscores people if it's not in their first language. Especially for the memorisation part. If you ask clinics who administor them, the low scorers are always ESL folks doing it in English.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Nah I've put my life into making this relationship work and being good to her don't brush it off as luck.
I didn't mean to diminish your current efforts just that you yourself have admitted that finding this relationship in the first place was a result of sheer luck. Yes you've likely done a great deal to maintain it and have it bear fruit since then but without that initial stroke of luck things might be different.

Maybe. I don't know you well enough to say for sure. All I know is that for me if I were similarly lucky I would also try my best to actually make things work afterwards but then again maybe my lack of luck or maybe some other innate flaws in me or my personality would mean I'm still doomed even if I ever did manage to get that far.

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
IQ tests are not in every language tho, except for the logic/math/shape rotation parts it always vastly underscores people if it's not in their first language. Especially for the memorisation part. If you ask clinics who administor them, the low scorers are always ESL folks doing it in English.
I'd be interested in reading about that, but it would only mean we should stick to analyzing those who have the test available in their language.

I didn't mean to diminish your current efforts just that you yourself have admitted that finding this relationship in the first place was a result of sheer luck. Yes you've likely done a great deal to maintain it and have it bear fruit since then but without that initial stroke of luck things might be different.

Maybe. I don't know you well enough to say for sure. All I know is that for me if I were similarly lucky I would also try my best to actually make things work afterwards but then again maybe my lack of luck or maybe some other innate flaws in me or my personality would mean I'm still doomed even if I ever did manage to get that far.
You're good, man.

The initial stroke of luck has nothing to do with her finding me attractive upon meeting me, though. Online dating is crap and actually getting a date set up is very tough, and then I was lucky for her to be so wonderful on top of it. But, none of that luck was tied to me being INFP.

Reactions: CatLove56
Ihatemylife6

Ihatemylife6

I’m not living my life, I’m just surviving
Nov 9, 2022
I keep doing these and keep forgetting for some reason

ra1nw3rldd

ra1nw3rldd

︻デ═一
Sep 13, 2023
infp here
amab but idk what

these tests are fun oversimplifications but basically pseudoscience & not worth reading into into too much detail when u could be thinking about other much more real psychological or material things