• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Viranamari

Viranamari

A Future Corpse
Feb 22, 2023
I am aware that murder is completely different from suicide. Suicide is taking away your own life while murder is taking away someone else's life. What is your take on murder?

Reactions: ShotgunShell
S

Suicidе

Life is unacceptable
Sep 11, 2022
only justified if done to prevent further harm, but the word "murder" is negatively nuanced, automatically labeling everything under it as wrong or unjust.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sprite_Geist
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think most of the time it is wrong- unjustified and done for selfish motives- to satisfy some sort of need on behalf of the murderer- sadistic, financial, sexual.

I guess there will always be exceptions to the rule though. It would still have been murder if one of the plots to kill Hitler had succeeded I suppose but it would have been done to prevent more killing. That's the one that REALLY confuses me- why are soldiers not murderers? I suppose sometimes they are- war crimes etc. I suppose we accept killing in defence also- kill them before they kill me type of thing. Are people murderers when they do it as part of their job? Probably not- they SHOULDN'T be getting any sort of personal satisfaction or gain from doing it. They OUGHT to be doing it only as a last resought- to protect the public. However- it IS murder if they abuse their power.

I think there are genuine mercy killings also- which may be illegal but- if genuine of course- I think actually show an incredible amount of love and compassion. Obviously the person would need to be in a position where they couldn't do it themselves and they would obviously need to want to die.

I'm not sure if killing in revenge is ever entirely justified but it's certainly understandable. I have quite conflicted ideas on capital punishment. Yes- it's state authorised but it's still ending someone's life prematurely and forcefully- how isn't that murder? My concern is mainly wrongful conviction and that it would either lead to no confessions (for the criminals that don't want to die) and perhaps one or two false confessions (for the criminals that do.) As an actual thing though- presuming they are guilty- it's kind of difficult. There are some people who have committed utterly heinous crimes- it's difficult not to feel relieved when they are no longer alive.

How about you? What are your opinions?

L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
I am aware that murder is completely different from suicide. Suicide is taking away your own life while murder is taking away someone else's life. What is your take on murder?
Completely depends on if it's self defense or just straight up random murder with negative motives. I'm all for self defense, but I don't support or encourage murdering someone randomly like if you just don't like someone or if they annoy you for example. Even if I support self defense, I wouldn't want to murder someone in a self defense situation either.

Fwompje

Fwompje

life is cruel and time heals nothing
Feb 23, 2023
Nobody gets to deserve to die if they've done horrible things. They should suffer eternally.
But it's so different per situation. You've got manslaughter, homicide, intentional unintentional. And don't even get started about the millions who die in meaningless war.
In the end it all means nothing,, it's just sad when people get robbed prematrely of their life which they did want to live. I think those situations are morally worse than killing someone who has killed someone else (like and eye for an eye,, revenge).
Morals don't mean anything either, we're all just flesh and bones but that's my take on it.

Suicide or selfmurder, selfkilling is different though. You have the right to decide over your own life and what you'll do with it.

disillusion

disillusion

Entp
Nov 6, 2020
Personally as I am still postponing ctb and cannot do it myself yet, i wish to be murdered or euthanized ( no i dont see euthanise as murder but as some countries do they prosecute doctors etc). But brutal torturous murder? No thanks.

I cannot speak for others but yes for general
Murders It is definitely wrong

But i think suicidal People like me should be given choice to be euthanized

YearlongPerformance

YearlongPerformance

Jan 23, 2023
This thread seems similar to the thread on veganism to me.

While there will always be practically reasons why murder is not a good a idea in a particular circumstance, I find it hard to imagine a universal reason why murder would be wrong.

Reactions: Sparr0w
strawberrysuffering

strawberrysuffering

Nov 25, 2022
I believe that it is unjust to take a life that does not belong to you without their consent

NobodyEverywhere

NobodyEverywhere

Mar 24, 2023
I think you should never murder anyone, no matter what your views on life are, or what thought you have about the person. The other person most likely doesn't share the same views as you and/or doesn't want to die, so why would we force someone to die? Although I kinda hope every time I leave the house I come across a mugger with a gun. That would be my dream.

Sparr0w

Sparr0w

please feed my pfp crumbs they are begging u
Jan 24, 2023
i think people who murder for selfish reasons (e.g angry at their ex, muggers, some weird gang feud) are wrong. if the murder's self-defense, or if the person is mudering their abuser to escape the situtation, it's fine.
of course, there's nuance, and there's also the person's perspective of things vs how things really were to consider.

i'd say that Robert Maudsley, a serial killer locked in a glass box for life, was justified. he was sexually abused as a kid, killed someone who revealed to him they were a pedo, got sent to jail, killed and tourtured a pedo, said "i am not in control of myself, if you put me near a pedophile i will kill them, just don't put me near pedophiles and i'll be fine", was put next to pedophiles, and killed two more pedos with the intent to kill 7. he explictly stated that he had trouble controlling himself around pedos because of his childhood, yet when he got put with pedos and killed them everyone was suprised... yeah, i can't blame him.

Memoka

Memoka

The Galaxy Mage
Mar 21, 2023
I justify self-defense. In other cases, this is an unacceptable act.

E

EndlessNight

Mar 21, 2023
There are many things we do in life that are far worse than murder. Those who die do not feel it, they are not sad that they died, they do not suffer because of it, but those who are neglected, humiliated and rejected are definitely suffering.

N

NoLoveNoHope

Mage
Mar 25, 2023
It's only acceptable in self defense or to protect others. I believe that's a pretty common opinion though.

Reactions: OceanBlue
H

H.O.Xan

Experienced
Feb 1, 2023
we should have the purge from time to time. that would b rad

aubrey!

aubrey!

internet angel
Mar 11, 2023
Murder implies unjustified. That would mean it excludes things like self defense, protection, or maybe not legally but in my opinion people who have really hurt you emotionally or physically previously.

That line can get blurry though. Seeing couples make me really angry but would I be justified in killing them? My opinion on that depends on my mood, lol.

we should have the purge from time to time. that would b rad
Unironically something like this would make life fun. The inevitability of dying, but the game of "I wonder how long I can make it?" The thought fascinates me..

A

AsAboveSoBelow

Apr 2, 2023
Murder could never be justified. No one has the right to take another person's life.