• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

P

PhilosopherInAV0id

The Reaper of Self, Amid the Silence
Jan 28, 2024
For me, I refer to my mask in my nickname- the V0id. The zero instead of an o is what holds its special significance for me. It functions as my separate realm from the rest of the world. I don't have to do anything, just let myself run on autopilot, while I can just drift away endlessly in peace.

There is no fixed, finite shape for the V0id, because it fluctuates at will. However, one trait that defines it, no matter what form it takes, is silence. There is never a single sound. I always get stressed whenever there is too much noise around me, which only helps further break my remaining sanity.

What are your masks? How do you refer to them? What form do they take? How do they help you cope with life (and death)? Just some questions from a wandering Sakashima (if you know, you know).

• Love
Reactions: droppedmysyrup, derpyderpins, fleetingnight and 3 others
EmmaQanbana

EmmaQanbana

What's there to love of an empty husk?
May 31, 2023
I've usually had 2 masks, a mask I like to call the fools mask and another mask I like to call the liar mask

The fools mask is really simple, it's sociable, it gives the impression that I'm the best in the world, and believes it, it tells jokes and does it's best to makes the others around it smile

The liar mask goes hand in hand with the fools mask.

As the name implies, the liar mask ensures that the fools mask keeps lying about how it feels and what's going on underneath, for my own protection.

Both of these masks are the living definition on being different on the surface but as you dig deep down they're extremely similar

• Informative
Reactions: droppedmysyrup, derpyderpins, fleetingnight and 5 others
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
No masks at all. My misery's on full display and Idgaf.

• Hugs
Reactions: droppedmysyrup, derpyderpins, Tapioca and 3 others
Endless_suffering

Endless_suffering

EVERYTHING IS F@CK3D
Jul 12, 2024
I lie all the time. I pretend to be okay. My therapist has absolutely no idea who I really am. My current mask is being clean despite how badly I want to to SH. I'm sick of pretending. I just wanna let loose and let it all out but I know I'd be put inpatient in a heartbeat if I did

• Hugs
Reactions: droppedmysyrup, derpyderpins and fleetingnight
terra.nuvo

terra.nuvo

Student
Feb 15, 2024
My current mask is basically just to not talk at all. I think i've used this mask for so long that it has kind of become my personality. Just a blank slate really.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: droppedmysyrup, derpyderpins, PhilosopherInAV0id and 2 others
D

Draconian Alone

Jul 20, 2024
My mask is just another head in the herd of sheeple. I limply go along with whatever my dumbass family does and hope they don't care enough to prove too deeply.

• Love
Reactions: fleetingnight
U

ultrasharpy123456

Wizard
Aug 18, 2022
In school, I was dealing with immense abuse and bullying, at home and at school. I think I also had BPD. So I put on a mask. I was a narcissist (but I never hurt anyone) so I kept on that mask indefinitely until I left school. And then later I got therapy. I had to vent outside when nobody was looking to let it out. It was the only way. Parts of my mask slipped because.... god I wish I could tell you. But it wasn't to hurt anyone, there was another part that slipped...

There came a point where I had to skip class just to protect people from myself. I didn't want to hurt anyone. I did this regularly. I was in constant panic.

Well anyway I put on the mask to just be who my family wanted me to be. Get the job, go to school. I just put on the mask. I used it to cope. In fact I'm wearing it partially right now because again there's certain things about me I can't tell you.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: PhilosopherInAV0id and fleetingnight
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
  • Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: droppedmysyrup, esalucolom-wojaqter, PhilosopherInAV0id and 3 others
fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
There's a lot of different ones. I act quiet a lot of the time, but in some situations, I put up a front of a funny. friendly extrovert, whatever I think will annoy people the least. Around close friends, I act like someone similar to myself, but better (more stable, less depressed, less doomer, less opinionated)
I rarely use the same name and username on different sites. I usually use characters I like as aliases, or other references to things I like (this name/pfp/banner are all based on my faorite song)
None of them feel much less real than my "real" name. The way I act using that one is way faker than how I act in a lotta places online
Sorry for the ramble, aand I hope it makes sense, I'm tired and tispy

• Love
Reactions: PhilosopherInAV0id
Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
I have two that I can think of:

Peaceful:
I appear quiet and "peaceful" when in reality I'm going through hell inside me. This one kinda happened by itself through anxiety and trauma though.

Happy:
Basicly I put on a happy face to escape my true emotions, I tend to make lot's of jokes when using this mask too.

Reactions: fleetingnight
P

PhilosopherInAV0id

Jan 28, 2024
My mask is just another head in the herd of sheeple.
Sheeple? I don't know if this was intentional or not, but I can already sense this becoming hilariously funny. Now, I pose the question to everyone-what is the definition of humanity, now that we are Sheeple? And what does this do to our existential crisis of existing among society? Is it fixed by Sheeple, or even worse? Are we just Sheeple pawns on a board game? So many fun things. This has officially made my day. (Which then brings to mind Meeple pawns in construction hats trying to figure out the insanely complicated blueprint of one of my days. I can't stop this)

• Yay!
Reactions: derpyderpins
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Proud Normie
Sep 19, 2023
Excellent topic.

For much of my life (I'd guess ages 13-25ish) the mask was arrogance and unending dark humor. Everything was how I'm so great and life is shit and the world is shit and haha I wanna be dead and mean humor directed at others with an implication that 'I'm just kidding so it's fine.' Don't get me wrong, I still have sarcasm and a good bit of that is part of my personality but I've stopped wearing it as a mask.

So what is my current mask? . . . I think it would be foolish to declare I don't have one. Obviously out at work I wear the mask that I'm happy to be there and not having mental problems, but that's most people.

I guess one way to think of it is that I wear a mask when I am patient with others but harsh on myself. Been making some progress there, though. It might be correct to say I've softened my heart and now the mask is what I show myself. Trippy.

Having a hard time coming up with a better answer. . . I post on here a lot these days so if someone has a suggestion feel free to roast me.
Sheeple? I don't know if this was intentional or not, but I can already sense this becoming hilariously funny. Now, I pose the question to everyone-what is the definition of humanity, now that we are Sheeple? And what does this do to our existential crisis of existing among society? Is it fixed by Sheeple, or even worse? Are we just Sheeple pawns on a board game? So many fun things. This has officially made my day. (Which then brings to mind Meeple pawns in construction hats trying to figure out the insanely complicated blueprint of one of my days. I can't stop this)
lol you new here? Don't you know Normies and NPCs and braindead sheeple are anyone who is trying to make life work rather than declaring everything to be garbage? They interact with other people and enter into agreements not even realizing that literally any obligation at all is slavery. They probably have low IQs, but when they don't we just kinda ignore that.

Ah shit there's the arrogant sarcastic mask coming up again. Let me put that back in storage.

Last edited:
P

PhilosopherInAV0id

Jan 28, 2024
Excellent topic.

For much of my life (I'd guess ages 13-25ish) the mask was arrogance and unending dark humor. Everything was how I'm so great and life is shit and the world is shit and haha I wanna be dead and mean humor directed at others with an implication that 'I'm just kidding so it's fine.' Don't get me wrong, I still have sarcasm and a good bit of that is part of my personality but I've stopped wearing it as a mask.

So what is my current mask? . . . I think it would be foolish to declare I don't have one. Obviously out at work I wear the mask that I'm happy to be there and not having mental problems, but that's most people.

I guess one way to think of it is that I wear a mask when I am patient with others but harsh on myself. Been making some progress there, though. It might be correct to say I've softened my heart and now the mask is what I show myself. Trippy.

Having a hard time coming up with a better answer. . . I post on here a lot these days so if someone has a suggestion feel free to roast me.
I get that. For people like the ones on this forum, we wear masks so often that we find ourselves becoming the mask before long. In one way, I could phrase my question as 'How have your masks shaped you to where you are today?' Very profound thoughts.

• Hugs
Reactions: derpyderpins
droppedmysyrup

droppedmysyrup

Jul 23, 2024
For me, I refer to my mask in my nickname- the V0id. The zero instead of an o is what holds its special significance for me. It functions as my separate realm from the rest of the world. I don't have to do anything, just let myself run on autopilot, while I can just drift away endlessly in peace.

There is no fixed, finite shape for the V0id, because it fluctuates at will. However, one trait that defines it, no matter what form it takes, is silence. There is never a single sound. I always get stressed whenever there is too much noise around me, which only helps further break my remaining sanity.

What are your masks? How do you refer to them? What form do they take? How do they help you cope with life (and death)? Just some questions from a wandering Sakashima (if you know, you know).
I act as if I'm normal, it's just me masking my inability to function around people because the way I feel is to all encompassing and I can't thinks about anything but it I definitely don't come across normal but at least to me that's what I'm trying to be.

• Hugs
Lookingtoflyfree

Lookingtoflyfree

Experienced
Jan 11, 2024
The mask for capitalism, doctors and friends - and then there's just me. I now know the mask that work and doctors expect is the one my partners and friends expect - shiny, happy, bubbly, nothing wrong! I will never be vulnerable again.

About to have a phone call with a doctor to get a refill on ADHD meds - it's another chance to wear a mask and play a game, and I know I'll be winning because of the knowledge on this forum. Play the game long enough to get to the ending, and not a single one of them will know me or remember me.