• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

RememberWhatUCameFor

RememberWhatUCameFor

dont cry for me im already dead
Nov 20, 2018
i quit my job a few weeks ago and it goes pretty much downhill

i often dont leave my bed before 4pm

even showering needs immense willpower

i literally cant open my bills and pay them...i just cant do it...i get immensly stressed thinking about the process

im either stressed or too lazy to do anyhting

i think something isnt right with my brain - like basics tasks should come natural you know?

the only thing i still do is eating and brushing my teeth

Reactions: cyanol, Jodes, Marawa and 7 others
CornerE

CornerE

Needs a savior
Mar 12, 2019
really normal and common .

it's not a mental disorder as they love to call it .

Those psychiatrics have been there themselves many times even if many of them lied about it .

you're frustrated due to some issues that you can't stop thinking about , so you lose the will to do else things .

Reactions: Jodes, Jc40, RememberWhatUCameFor and 2 others
S

salvation

Yo
Mar 21, 2019
Sometimes i cannot remember to eat, brush my teeth, or bathe

Reactions: Jodes, Marawa, Alecsa and 2 others
R

ron_g

Experienced
Nov 25, 2018
Sounds like what they call depression.
Try exercising, if possible. Can be any sport that at least moderately challenges you.
Maybe it's helpful to make a plan what to do each day. Do not plan to do too much, but try to do what you have planned.

Reactions: PhilosOfDoom, Jodes and RememberWhatUCameFor
S

salvation

Yo
Mar 21, 2019
Sounds like what they call depression.
Try exercising, if possible. Can be any sport that at least moderately challenges you.
Maybe it's helpful to make a plan what to do each day. Do not plan to do too much, but try to do what you have planned.
that won't help usually

Reactions: RememberWhatUCameFor
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
you're frustrated due to some issues that you can't stop thinking about , so you lose the will to do else things .

Yes I can relate to this on a few levels. I recall back years ago, when I'm so stressed out thinking over something or a few things, I just lose track of time, purpose, and even the task at hand. Everything requires a lot of effort to be able to do, including getting up to use the bathroom (I just hold it in longer than usual).

Reactions: cyanol, Jc40, CornerE and 1 other person
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
I get like that periodically. It is a major challenge for me to find a balance between working too hard and plummeting into lethargy. A couple years ago, I started taking a bunch of supplements when I fall into the latter. They seem to provide me with energy: Uridine Monophosphate, ACP Choline, Fish Oil, co-Q10, D3, multi-vitamin.

I'm not sure if it is just a convergence to the mean phenomenon or they really work, but the first three of the above are common supplements for depression, often called the "happy stack." If you can get moving a bit, momentum can build from there.

Reactions: Jodes, Jc40, RememberWhatUCameFor and 2 others
J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019

i literally cant open my bills and pay them...i just cant do it...i get immensly stressed thinking about the process

i think something isnt right with my brain - like basics tasks should come natural you know?

That is a rotten place you're in. I've been there too and I know how horrible it is. I found working to be one of the best ways of keeping the despair and the crushing realization of life's worthlesness at bay. You're forced to go to sleep and get up at reasonable hours, you have responsibilities which keep your thoughts occupied, you're (usually) surrounded by people, you make money so at least poverty isn't a threat...

Being alone constantly, having no structure to your life and having no income (unless you're on unemployment which I don't think is the case given that you've quit your job) is extremely detrimental to one's psyche.

Talk to someone about this, try to do whatever you can, try to accept your life is very difficult right now and try not to fret about what is 'normal' and what you could and should do.

I'm afraid that's all the advice I can give you. Other than seeing a doctor which I don't really believe in but it might be worth the try.

Reactions: Jc40, RememberWhatUCameFor, ron_g and 1 other person
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
That is a rotten place you're in. I've been there too and I know how horrible it is. I found working to be one of the best ways of keeping the despair and the crushing realization of life's worthlesness at bay. You're forced to go to sleep and get up at reasonable hours, you have responsibilities which keep your thoughts occupied, you're (usually) surrounded by people, you make money so at least poverty isn't a threat...

Being alone constantly, having no structure to your life and having no income (unless you're on unemployment which I don't think is the case given that you've quit your job) is extremely detrimental to one's psyche.

Talk to someone about this, try to do whatever you can, try to accept your life is very difficult right now and try not to fret about what is 'normal' and what you could and should do.

I'm afraid that's all the advice I can give you. Other than seeing a doctor which I don't really believe in but it might be worth the try.
I was unemployed and not in education or training for a good portion of my life, and the times I worked it was sparse (only weeks or a month or two before quitting or getting let go). Only recently, in the last 2-3 months was I gainfully employed, though my position is only temporary and in another month or so it will end, thus having to find more employment. In regards to working, I don't think it really improved my life because I still have my problems with me, sure I may be distracted for parts of the day, but even during working, the passive thoughts on ctb'ing do come to me, especially when I think about the large picture, "why am I doing this grind?", "what's the point of all this? Just to survive and not fall into poverty?" Those are the questions I ask myself. Mind you, my job isn't bad and my boss is pretty laid back, and I don't really hate it, but when I look at things on a large picture, it is quite depressing to think about.

Reactions: cyanol, RememberWhatUCameFor, NumbItAll and 2 others
J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
I was unemployed and not in education or training for a good portion of my life, and the times I worked it was sparse (only weeks or a month or two before quitting or getting let go). Only recently, in the last 2-3 months was I gainfully employed, though my position is only temporary and in another month or so it will end, thus having to find more employment. In regards to working, I don't think it really improved my life because I still have my problems with me, sure I may be distracted for parts of the day, but even during working, the passive thoughts on ctb'ing do come to me, especially when I think about the large picture, "why am I doing this grind?", "what's the point of all this? Just to survive and not fall into poverty?" Those are the questions I ask myself. Mind you, my job isn't bad and my boss is pretty laid back, and I don't really hate it, but when I look at things on a large picture, it is quite depressing to think about.

This position is quite familiar to me and could have been written by my former self.

While I do question the sense and validity of my job on a regular basis and having been unemployed for a long time I conclude that working is definitely better than not working. Clearly it does not stop me from being suicidal and miserable but it makes life more bearable on the whole. At least for now.

In the large scheme of things human life or even humanity itself is insignificant so anything we do is almost by definition meaningless. Yet one can't live one's life that way so unless one is perfectly willing and able to CTB on short notice meaning must be created in order to be able to act in the world.

In life there is no point unless you make one for yourself. Is this easy? Hell no (especially if you're intellectually minded and driven to seek meaning) and maybe death is indeed infinitely better than this crap but aslong as one lives one must create meaning for oneself. That's the sad reality of life on planet earth as a semi-intelligent apelike creature.

As to the subject of poverty: having a roof over one's head and enough money to take care of oneself while being depressed to me is far superior than being depressed, homeless and having to beg for change in order to survive. I can't imagine the horror of such a life and I really don't want to find out.

If one lets go of all one's responsibilities and remains completely passive the way down will be steep, quick and frightful. If one loses everything and then finds out one can't bring oneself to CTB existence will become completely hellish.

Last edited:
Reactions: RememberWhatUCameFor and Walilamdzi
P

Psilo

Arcanist
Dec 29, 2018
I know that feeling all too well, especially lately. The only strength I have is to be on SS.

Reactions: cyanol, freya, RememberWhatUCameFor and 2 others
waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
@RememberWhatUCameFor - For me it ends up somewhere between paralysis and self-sabotage.

@discussion- Work is a horribly alienating part of this current world that a lot of people are destroyed by, or cannot participate within to begin with. Even upon dumping time and energy into work the precarity doesn't end and homelessness still happens. In the event that housing is found, poverty isn't eliminated. These undesirable but cyclic situations aren't an aberration but a part of the economic mode. Being forced to sleep, wake, and show up somewhere psychologically if not also physically destructive, at exactly the right time with the right behavior, with no agency, under the threat of further total destruction, is a structure of coercion used to create wealth and control populations.

Reactions: Final Escape, RememberWhatUCameFor and Walilamdzi
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
I'm in a similar state.

Reactions: cyanol and RememberWhatUCameFor
RememberWhatUCameFor

RememberWhatUCameFor

dont cry for me im already dead
Nov 20, 2018
its just funny

a few years ago i wasnt even stressed about small things like that...i wasnt eveen thinking about it...i did it without putting a second thought into it

i didnt had to motivate me to do it..i just did it

paying bills via online banking takes literally less than 5min

now even that is a big task where i get stressed and procrastinate

Reactions: Jc40 and waived
CornerE

CornerE

Needs a savior
Mar 12, 2019
Yes I can relate to this on a few levels. I recall back years ago, when I'm so stressed out thinking over something or a few things, I just lose track of time, purpose, and even the task at hand. Everything requires a lot of effort to be able to do, including getting up to use the bathroom (I just hold it in longer than usual).

just like me with the bathroom thing , I also starve myself sometimes because I can't get myself out of bed for even a snack . hungry, thirsty .. whatever .

Is it laziness , lack of energy or motive .. I have no idea .

Reactions: Jc40 and salvation
J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
its just funny

a few years ago i wasnt even stressed about small things like that...i wasnt eveen thinking about it...i did it without putting a second thought into it

i didnt had to motivate me to do it..i just did it

paying bills via online banking takes literally less than 5min

now even that is a big task where i get stressed and procrastinate

Could I ask what brought this on exactly? Or did it just happen for no apparant reason?

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018

That is what severe depression looks like. Do you have any friends? Pushing yourself to exercise will help even if u are resentful having to do it at first. Do u use any substances that might be causing problems? Is your diet good? Are u around douchey people or have shitty roommates?
@RememberWhatUCameFor - For me it ends up somewhere between paralysis and self-sabotage.

@discussion- Work is a horribly alienating part of this current world that a lot of people are destroyed by, or cannot participate within to begin with. Even upon dumping time and energy into work the precarity doesn't end and homelessness still happens. In the event that housing is found, poverty isn't eliminated. These undesirable but cyclic situations aren't an aberration but a part of the economic mode. Being forced to sleep, wake, and show up somewhere psychologically if not also physically destructive, at exactly the right time with the right behavior, with no agency, under the threat of further total destruction, is a structure of coercion used to create wealth and control populations.
Work is actually good for people, gives meaning, purpose. If there are bad work conditions, difficulty finding quality work, u can blame the government intervention into the economy for that. There is a segment of the population who cannot be employed, not just the elderly or disabled, but if your iq is too low, yes this happens and those people cannot just get jobs.

Last edited:
Reactions: AveryConure
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019

Have you tried medications psychedelics yet?

Reactions: Final Escape
waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
Work is actually good for people, gives meaning, purpose.

In spoilers for the sake of thread scrolling since some of what you brought up doesn't directly have to do with the thread.

The meaning and purpose isn't theirs. Lives are forced into creating private wealth, building and maintaining all of the world, and producing all of the commodities that the life is alienated from. Entire demographics are removed from the ability to participate in an already horrible mode of existence and cannot survive. People are forced to create and rationalize the conditions in this world that are both the continuation of their own demise, and the wealth that most will never have access to. The veil of purpose and meaning thins along with the sanctity of civil order.

thumbs_b_c_1dee43ebd60b337352c7c779ba5de251.jpg

If there are bad work conditions, difficulty finding quality work, u can blame the government intervention into the economy for that.

Government governs a population that is a part of a specific economic mode that is inherently exploitative, and has universal traits of immseration because private ownership seeks cheap labor, and poor working conditions, globally, to maximize private wealth. The economy is an asset to States, not a competitor, and a lot in the 'intervention' grab bag is crisis inherent to the economic sphere in which the working poor and underclass gets to foot the bill, or gets crushed (by the state) while trying to insurrect its current conditions or the maintainers of it. This is why States are explicitly on the side of the economic order during all intensities of class and social warfare up until the point where it has to save its own skin.

There is a segment of the population who cannot be employed, not just the elderly or disabled, but if your iq is too low, yes this happens and those people cannot just get jobs.

The angle you're taking here was thoroughly put down in the iq thread in which we both participated in, and I'd have to say that it is far more than just 'some people with low iq's' who cannot work, or resent and are destroyed by the things I mentioned in my other post.

Last edited:
E

Exitbattle

Mar 23, 2019
Im in a similar spot. I cant get out of this funk and so called medication doesnt do anything. I got injured and cant work atm. Can anyone help me get some n or perhaps has some they no longer want and want to get rid of.