Henryk

Henryk

Tonight I'm gonna rest my chemistry
Apr 22, 2022
It is such a complex question because it is relative. In my view, life has no meaning, you only exist for a probabilistic reason, you are the one who gives meaning to life, that is, life can have the meaning you want it to have

jellie

jellie

May 9, 2023
The purpose of life is a deeply philosophical question that has puzzled humans for centuries, leading to diverse perspectives and interpretations. It's a question that sparks contemplation about meaning, existence, and individual journeys. What's your answer?
this is a question that has been asked for thousands of years, as long as humans have existed we have questioned why it is that we are here.

the short answer is that we don't know.

but in my opinion, I think purpose and meaning are determined by each person. I am not someone who believes in a god, but then again how would I know if one existed, so I tend to put emphasis on the individual. Maybe for one person their purpose in life is their career. Maybe for another person, their purpose is creating a family. But in a general sense, I feel that our purpose is to find peace and comfort and to help others find peace and comfort.

Peace means different things for different people, and I think for many of us here, peace might mean leaving life behind. However, for many people peace and comfort comes from their relationships with others and their surroundings (being able to survive without worry). I think the second aspect of helping others is just as important as helping oneself. Oftentimes people's sense of self-worth is determined by being able to help other people, and I think this might be a clue into part of our purpose. To help and to love other people indiscriminately. I am not a Christian but I strongly identify with the idea of loving everyone. Obviously, this is a difficult task when you think about the people who have hurt you, but to love others also helps you find peace. hatred is a poison that will only serve to make you feel worse.

TLDR: We don't know. but I think that our purpose is to find peace and comfort and help others find that same peace and comfort.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim and lastwords.com
tpboy

tpboy

No Karma Cafe
Aug 4, 2023
No purpose.

Reactions: lastwords.com and pthnrdnojvsc
Kundalini Guy

Kundalini Guy

FULLY RECOVERED
Mar 27, 2023
Overcoming suffering. Life is all about suffering so overcoming and surviving is the goal.

Reactions: lastwords.com
C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
That may be, but the innate drive to reproduce is present in all living things and is the essence of existence. If that drive goes away, existence ceases.
Would be the best for this planet...

Reactions: sserafim and locked*n*loaded
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Would be the best for this planet...
I have no argument, but.................................the "decision" for that to happen has to be unanimous amongst all living things.

neonzebra

neonzebra

Sep 11, 2022
I just want to have a mostly pleasant time.

Reactions: conarc