lastwords.com

lastwords.com

Student
Mar 26, 2023
The purpose of life is a deeply philosophical question that has puzzled humans for centuries, leading to diverse perspectives and interpretations. It's a question that sparks contemplation about meaning, existence, and individual journeys. What's your answer?

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, Homo erectus, Rational man and 1 other person
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
If the philosophers couldn't answer this question then I doubt it will ever be answered.

• Love
Reactions: Homo erectus, drennedrat, Csmith8827 and 3 others
lastwords.com

lastwords.com

Student
Mar 26, 2023
If the philosophers couldn't answer this question then I doubt it will ever be answered.
Perspectives of individuals that are suicidal could offer unique insights, hence my question here.

• Informative
Reactions: Homo erectus, venin and Rational man
D

DeadHead

Belief is the enemy of knowledge
Aug 20, 2023
To suffer for the pleasure of the demiurge that feeds off pain, loves it, wills it, allows it.

• Aww..
  • Yay!
Reactions: Homo erectus, sadandlonely99, Forever Sleep and 5 others
Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
To fuck and then die...

Or you could just skip the queue, to go and fucking die! :haha:

• Wow
Reactions: sadandlonely99, ShrimpSB, TheDog_ and 5 others
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
Humans are no different to any other species of living organism, in that we live and then die. Unfortunately, humans apply intelligence to life's meaning when in fact we are simply part of natures experiment on our little Earth. Its tragic to see how some people align to their god and then carry guilt for their sins. My journey in this identity, attached to the physical form is soon to end in all likelihood due to physical disease,and then I cease.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, jar-baby, sadandlonely99 and 8 others
lastwords.com

lastwords.com

Student
Mar 26, 2023
Humans are no different to any other species of living organism, in that we live and then die. Unfortunately, humans apply intelligence to life's meaning when in fact we are simply part of natures experiment on our little Earth. Its tragic to see how some people align to their god and then carry guilt for their sins. My journey in this identity, attached to the physical form is soon to end in all likelihood and then I cease.
Such a great answer man, I love it

• Hugs
Reactions: Rational man
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
There isn't any, we only exist because other people burdened us with the ability to, all that existing beings are doing is waiting until they inevitably die, they are just destined to decay and return to the state of non-existence.

I see existence as just being a temporary disturbance in what was otherwise the most ideal state of non-existence, to me existence is just a horrific mistake devoid of any meaning or purpose, it's just senseless cruelty and unnecessary suffering.

I think that humans only question "what is the purpose" to life as they have the ability to be conscious and aware unlike animals and many of them find the true meaningless nature of existing difficult to accept where they are destined for nothing but to die and be forgotten.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: sserafim, sadandlonely99, Ghostmaster and 4 others
lastwords.com

lastwords.com

Student
Mar 26, 2023
There isn't any, we only exist because other people burdened us with the ability to, all that existing beings are doing is waiting until they inevitably die, they are just destined to decay and return to the state of non-existence.

I see existence as just being a temporary disturbance in what was otherwise the most ideal state of non-existence, to me existence is just a horrific mistake devoid of any meaning or purpose, it's just senseless cruelty and unnecessary suffering.

I think that humans only question "what is the purpose" to life as they have the ability to be conscious and aware unlike animals and many of them find the true meaningless nature of existing difficult to accept where they are destined for nothing but to die and be forgotten.
I feel somewhat enlightened by your answer but at the same time terrified by it. What do you think happens after we die? Do you think there is some afterlife or do we just stop existing completely? No dark, no awareness , no nothing. I know no one is able to answer this question but I just want your best guess, judging by how you have answered the question of what's the purpose of life, you seem like you could have a good guess ☺️

Reactions: Rational man
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021

Astounding thoughts. To add, the theory of evolution is part of the natural plan of existence. Tragically, humanity has the misfortune to intellectualise our purpose ( like im doing now) and in doing so has instigated our downfall to the point of extinction, by way of destructive forces, which ultimately, is the outcome of every species. How dare humanity destroy our planet through greed and arrogance!!. To think, two. greynhaired old men could end us.with the push of a red button. How poetic we are as a species!.

Last edited:
Reactions: lastwords.com
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I feel somewhat enlightened by your answer but at the same time terrified by it. What do you think happens after we die? Do you think there is some afterlife or do we just stop existing completely? No dark, no awareness , no nothing. I know no one is able to answer this question but I just want your best guess, judging by how you have answered the question of what's the purpose of life, you seem like you could have a good guess ☺️
I very strongly believe death to be nothingness, once we lose consciousness, that is it for us, we simply cease existing and we are completely unaware for all eternity.

• Wow
Reactions: lastwords.com, cscott, conarc and 2 others
Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
Birth + living = death.

The answer to the equation of life, is death.

And if that wasn't bad enough, much of life appears to be a zero sum game. In other words, in order for me to succeed it is very often necessary to take from you and ensure that you lose. Even the fact that people must die, in order to make way for others to live... we are all expendable just like the resources that we fight over and consume. In the end, we are all handed a bill for everything we've used and abused... a bill none of us can pay, so we get turfed out of the establishment. The club known as life, just spits us out like a rotten rancid piece of meat.

It's a human meat grinder, that always needs fresh bodies.

There is a very good reason, that human settlements resemble an ugly rash on the surface of the earth from space. We are essentially just like a fast growing mould or that pond scum that accumulates very quickly in stagnant bodies of water. The earth will eventually get tired of this ugly parasite that we call humans, and it will simply shed it's skin of this infestation and grow a fresh new skin over the scars that we created during our time on this planet... and we will be a distant forgotten memory in the vast story of the universe. A literal fart in the wind of history! :hihi:

• Wow
Reactions: sserafim, Hollowman, Forever Sleep and 4 others
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023

• Aww..
Reactions: lastwords.com, cscott and Rational man
C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
If you dont see a purpose for yourself, there is no. Some people want to become rich, famous or whatever.

I personally want to sleep, eat, fuck and then die very soon.

• Aww..
  • Yay!
Reactions: lastwords.com, Rational man and Minsu
Spiritual survivor

Spiritual survivor

A born again but occasionally suicidal
Feb 13, 2022
According to the Bible, we were created by God because he wanted a family. God is a spirit so we can't visually see him but we see his creation all around us. The main purpose for our life, is to praise, worship, glorify God, and ask him to provide all our desires and needs, obey his commandments, give thanks and appreciation for all the things he's done for us. I don't think God implies that u need to be constantly worshipping 24/7 like in a slavish way. He intended us to enjoy our life and also do things that we want to do but that serve ourselves and others in a positive way. He wants us to listen to him and allow him to guide us so that we may be fulfilled in this life and also get the eternal spirit life in his kingdom. Currently we live in Satan's kingdom so it's rough and we have to battle this here while we try to be aligned with God if we are a believer. This really is the main purpose of our life. It is not to be successful according to this world. God rewards u for different things than what society rewards u on. I hope this relieves some pressure off of all the people here who think that u were put here to achieve according to Satan's standards which is what this world tries to condition us into. It is a deception, but it doesn't mean we don't suffer b/c of this expectation put on us.

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Love
Reactions: lastwords.com, F&Inside and Rational man
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
According to the Bible, we were created by God because he wanted a family. God is a spirit so we can't visually see him but we see his creation all around us. The main purpose for our life, is to praise, worship, glorify God, and ask him to provide all our desires and needs, obey his commandments, give thanks and appreciation for all the things he's done for us. I don't think God implies that u need to be constantly worshipping 24/7 like in a slavish way. He intended us to enjoy our life and also do things that we want to do but that serve ourselves and others in a positive way. He wants us to listen to him and allow him to guide us so that we may be fulfilled in this life and also get the eternal spirit life in his kingdom. Currently we live in Satan's kingdom so it's rough and we have to battle this here while we try to be aligned with God if we are a believer. This really is the main purpose of our life. It is not to be successful according to this world. God rewards u for different things than what society rewards u on.
I haven't yet figured out if you're being ironic or serious 🫢

• Aww..
Reactions: lastwords.com and Rational man
Dogged fellow

Dogged fellow

Aug 25, 2023
I believe life itself has no pirpose and thats a good thing, if live had a purpose it would mean you coule do something wrong. So if life has no ourpose you can just apply anything that makes you happy as your lives purpose.

Tldr: life has no purpose therefore give it your own.
I believe life itself has no pirpose and thats a good thing, if live had a purpose it would mean you coule do something wrong. So if life has no ourpose you can just apply anything that makes you happy as your lives purpose.

Tldr: life has no purpose therefore give it your own.

• Aww..
Reactions: sserafim, lastwords.com and Rational man
Spiritual survivor

Spiritual survivor

A born again but occasionally suicidal
Feb 13, 2022
I haven't yet figured out if you're being ironic or serious 🫢
Completely serious 😂 if it sounds silly I don't care. It was inspired by God to say it in my own words.

• Wow
  • Informative
Reactions: tpboy, lastwords.com, Rational man and 1 other person
Davey36000

Davey36000

I'm not the dog in the picture
Jun 12, 2023
People will do whatever they think will make them happy. Every action is basically that, working towards more happiness.

Even if the action may seem ignorant and actually lead to pain, it's original intent was always to find happiness.

As humans we are always trying to refine our experience and attain better quality of life = more happiness.

So, I think that's the answer, to lead happier and happier lives.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, lastwords.com, Rational man and 1 other person
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
Completely serious 😂 if it sounds silly I don't care. It was inspired by God to say it in my own words.
You do what's best for you 🫂
People will do whatever they think will make them happy. Every action is basically that, working towards more happiness.

Even if the action may seem ignorant and actually lead to pain, it's original intent was always to find happiness.

As humans we are always trying to refine our experience and attain better quality of life = more happiness.

So, I think that's the answer, to lead happier and happier lives.
Well stated, mr pragmatism 🤗

• Yay!
Reactions: lastwords.com, Spiritual survivor and Rational man
Davey36000

Davey36000

I'm not the dog in the picture
Jun 12, 2023
This was actually the answer given by an indian sage by the name Sri Ramana Maharashi, so I don't take credit for it.

But he certainly speaks the truth.

And it is the same answer present in Juddaism and Buddhism (to a certain degree).

TheRottingContinues

TheRottingContinues

Low consciousness
Aug 23, 2023
Biological: the purpose of life is to hunt, sleep, and sex.
Theological: the purpose of life is to worship God.
Anthropocentric: the purpose of life is to contribute to society.
Scientific: the purpose of life is to express yourself.
Absurdism: the purpose of life is to find meaning in meaninglessness.
Nihilism: the purpose of life is nothing.
Moral: the purpose of life is to become a good person.
Platonism: the purpose of life is to attain the highest level of thinking.
Cynicism: the purpose of life is to be free and do whatever you feel like doing.

My philosophy: the purpose of life is to choose how you want to die.

• Aww..
Reactions: sserafim, kitty_kat, lastwords.com and 3 others
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
You & society decide your purpose. You can do whatever gives your life significance. And that purpose should come from yourself, influenced by any group-minds you think are awesome

Because:
  • What can give purpose? A sentient mind with intent. Like your individual & group minds
  • What purposes can you be put to? Well, you're more general-purpose than (say) a rake, so your purposes basically range along whatever humans are believed to achieve, given the environment
There's obviously conflicts. Your society may want you to be a) cannon fodder & b) reproduce more cannon fodder. Some nationalistic people think that's a great idea; gives them "a sense of purpose". Guys are very susceptible to that, ctb'ing if they don't meet society's masculine ideals

(To quibble a bit, iirc some say people can't — or shouldn't — have purposes, because we're not objects. A rake can have a purpose. A person can't. But we can use a different word, like meaning/significance)

Last edited:
  • Wow
F&Inside

F&Inside

🌊🌊🌊
Aug 9, 2023
Love. It's worth it.

• Hugs
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
According to the Bible, we were created by God because he wanted a family. God is a spirit so we can't visually see him but we see his creation all around us. The main purpose for our life, is to praise, worship, glorify God, and ask him to provide all our desires and needs, obey his commandments, give thanks and appreciation for all the things he's done for us. I don't think God implies that u need to be constantly worshipping 24/7 like in a slavish way. He intended us to enjoy our life and also do things that we want to do but that serve ourselves and others in a positive way. He wants us to listen to him and allow him to guide us so that we may be fulfilled in this life and also get the eternal spirit life in his kingdom. Currently we live in Satan's kingdom so it's rough and we have to battle this here while we try to be aligned with God if we are a believer. This really is the main purpose of our life. It is not to be successful according to this world. God rewards u for different things than what society rewards u on. I hope this relieves some pressure off of all the people here who think that u were put here to achieve according to Satan's standards which is what this world tries to condition us into. It is a deception, but it doesn't mean we don't suffer b/c of this expectation put on us.

The very best and kindest people I ever had the pleasure of knowing were/are atheists. I really hope- if there is a God that they aren't being punished now just because they weren't fans... Not that I mean to have a go at you- or your faith. It's just always been something that bothered me at things like funerals- as in- you have to believe to be given salvation. They literally could have been the kindest person to have walked this earth- I was lucky enough to have known people like that. I've just never really understood why God needs a fan club anyway but yeah- sorry. I just struggle with mainstream religion I guess. I don't like how it tries to exclude people. What parent turns their back on their children?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: sserafim, kitty_kat, lastwords.com and 2 others
Kera

Kera

Experienced
Jul 16, 2023
The meaning of life lies in discovering our own identity and fulfilling our dreams and goals . Life is a challenge that pushes us to do our best and get the most out of ourselves. It is a path of evolution from birth to death.

For me, the meaning of life is to live a fulfilled life that makes me happy. And that above all with my family & friends. Health, contentment, security and success are important to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim, finishLana and lastwords.com
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
The purpose of life is a deeply philosophical question that has puzzled humans for centuries, leading to diverse perspectives and interpretations. It's a question that sparks contemplation about meaning, existence, and individual journeys. What's your answer?

Personally, I'm not so sure there is a universal answer. I'm not entirely sure that there even is a meaning. I think quite often trying to fulfill our individual potentials can make it FEEL like our lives have meaning.

I think many people find they have an aptitude for something. They are good at it and they enjoy it. If they're lucky enough- they may get to fully develop their skills in it as their job or- as a big part of their life/ who they are. So- I think then, they can start to think it was what they were put on this earth to do. Their destiny or purpose as it were.

Whether it was or not is unknown though. If that's the case though- why then do some people feel like they have no aims, no potential, no future? Why grant some people a clear path on what they should try and follow/achieve in life but not others?

I suppose- the same as I don't really like religious angles because they seek to exclude people, I don't like the whole idea of there being a definite meaning to life either. Because- some of us are clearly failing at it because we simply don't understand the rules and were given worst odds to begin with.

I think it far more likely that- it's just something else we tell ourselves because we like to think we're special. That our lives carry more significance than an animals life. What was their purpose? To become someone's dinner?

Reactions: sserafim, Rational man, lastwords.com and 1 other person
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Reproduction. That is the true reason for life. All living things reproduce one way or another. I don't believe in any greater "cosmic" purpose. We're born. We're here for a while. We die. As people die, others are being born to take their place. It's all cyclical.

Reactions: tpboy and lastwords.com
C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
Reproduction. That is the true reason for life. All living things reproduce one way or another. I don't believe in any greater "cosmic" purpose. We're born. We're here for a while. We die. As people die, others are being born to take their place. It's all cyclical.
Unfortunately the world has become a hell and reproduction has simply become irresponsible.

Reactions: lastwords.com
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Unfortunately the world has become a hell and reproduction has simply become irresponsible.
That may be, but the innate drive to reproduce is present in all living things and is the essence of existence. If that drive goes away, existence ceases.

Reactions: lastwords.com and bluebus