_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
is it a good way to get a punch bag or are there any other ways which are recommend to resolve normal and extreme anger outbursts in a healthy/good way?

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 17331 and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
This is a good way to deal with it. I won't say the best though.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/rage-megathread.27811/page-5#post-752087

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk and FusRohDracarys
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Here are some techniques:

Write the person's name or issue you're angry about on a piece of paper, tape it to the wall, and throw a koosh ball at it.

Twist a towel as tightly as you can.

Lay on your back on the bed, and punch the mattress by flinging your arms out to the sides.

Hit the mattress with a broomstick.

Scream into a pillow.

Put things on the floor (even laundry will do) and stomp them like you're Godzilla.

• Love
Reactions: Reticent Being and _Minsk
NomadicWolf382

NomadicWolf382

I want to drift into the lucid dream, endlessly...
Jun 11, 2020
Remove yourself from the situation if possible.

Exercise

Play some games on Console or computer

Listen to some music

Turn the anger and negativity you're feeling into a positive by channeling it into writing, art, or anything else creative.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Reticent Being and _Minsk
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I use it to motivate me. I focus it and channel it into a plan which I then execute. I anneal the hot anger into cold hard anger. There is an inevitable price to pay for this though.

• Love
Reactions: AngelGirl and _Minsk
VabeniPokojneTmy

VabeniPokojneTmy

reMember
Jun 6, 2020
I learned to listen to metal, it helped me a lot. When it wasnt enough I turn the volume up and started screaming my negative thoughts. After a while I usually feel calm but tired and depressed sometimes.

• Love
Reactions: AngelGirl and _Minsk
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
I disagree with a lot of these because of my therapist. I kinda agree. You can see it in fucked up families where one side physically attacks the other - they have a human punching bag of sorts, and so they express their anger by using that human as a punching bag.

Before expressing your anger, however, as per my therapists instructions, I find that acknowledging your anger is also an important step, just taking a moment to say (or scream) "this thing is making me angry". Especially if you're male.
Second, I propose expressing your anger physically via punching bag or screaming into a pillow or the such should be done sparsely as to not transform yourself into the titular "Kyle" who sustains on Monster energy drinks and punching holes in drywall walls.
A punching bag sounds like a solid choice, in my opinion, screaming into pillows I think would be less effective, although having not tried either, it's merely a hypothesis.

My brain is broken, so I deal with my anger by taking a walk and talking to myself, holding a sort of dialogue with myself. Most of the time it works. I do this because I can't "excite", for lack of a better word, myself physically too hard.

• Hugs
Reactions: AngelGirl and VabeniPokojneTmy