• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

W

walktothewater

Nov 7, 2020
I don't have the patience to wait 3 weeks and then find it might not work. I might go back on Cymbalta but that takes 3 weeks to click in (based on previous experience). I might ask for Sertraline, does anyone have experience with it or anything similar?

Reactions: Callie Arcale
Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
Sertraline is an SSRI and as far as I know all SSRI's take several weeks to work. I was on two different types of SSRI. The first one was Citalopram and it took about 4 weeks until I noticed the effects.

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
It depends on the person. For example, when I tried citalopram it started working within 7 days. As a general rule though SSRIs do take a while to work properly.

You might be better off trying to find other (non-pharmaceutical) ways to lift your mood?

ana

ana

Sep 15, 2020
Sertraline hit me like a train. I would say that I felt it after less than a week. But I was also put on a bunch of other stuff, including anti-psychotics and sleeping medication.

I would recommend not "asking for it" and just get properly diagnosed instead so they can get you what you actually will benefit from.

wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
Supposedly ketamine can work in hours. It's a popular recreational drug, though, so it's very difficult to get any by prescription, at least in the U.S. Docs are afraid of being sued or prosecuted or having their licenses yanked for being a drug source for addicts. I wouldn't recommend black-market ketamine either, because A. you never know what's in it, and B. the delivery method that's been most effective in clinical trials is IV infusion. You don't want to shoot some unknown stuff straight into your vein, unless you were thinking about ctb anyway and don't care about the risk.

RealHumanBean

RealHumanBean

Student
Aug 8, 2020
Obviously this is only possible if you have healthcare (which should be universal..), but go see a psychiatrist who offers genesight. It's a DNA test that will show which drugs your body can metabolize the best. It gives you and your psychiatrist some guidelines to work from instead of just blindly picking an antidepressant and seeing how it goes via trial & error. Once you have your results, I recommend doing some research on them individually to see what type of side effects you're in for. Select an option based on what side effects you find the most tolerable. Hope you find something that works for you.

Rustysoupcan

Rustysoupcan

I'm sensitive
May 2, 2020
I find Wellbutrin to pretty fast-acting. I works differently than SSRI which dont always do enough for severe depression

N

Nicothe13th

Student
Jan 6, 2021
For me suicide is the long lasting medicine, I feel pretty liberated knowing it's all soon to become peaceful

Reactions: Disappointered
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Supposedly ketamine can work in hours. It's a popular recreational drug, though, so it's very difficult to get any by prescription, at least in the U.S. Docs are afraid of being sued or prosecuted or having their licenses yanked for being a drug source for addicts. I wouldn't recommend black-market ketamine either, because A. you never know what's in it, and B. the delivery method that's been most effective in clinical trials is IV infusion. You don't want to shoot some unknown stuff straight into your vein, unless you were thinking about ctb anyway and don't care about the risk.
You can snort it. There is a dosing protocol on Reddit posted by a person calling themselves 'Ketamine Therapy'
Try magic mushrooms :)
Can you advise on dose etc? I have tried them but gonna try a megadose soon

wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Peanuts aren't nuts! They're seeds!
Jan 21, 2021
You can snort it. There is a dosing protocol on Reddit posted by a person calling themselves 'Ketamine Therapy'

Can you advise on dose etc? I have tried them but gonna try a megadose soon

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
OP, for me St John's Wort works straight away. It sometimes hurts my eyes, so I take it intermittently. Today I doubled my dose, as though the RDA I found I'd 300 mg 3x a day, I did find one website which said it could be doubled and I'm so ill I risk it to function. Other than that, Modafinil works instantly for me though I can't take it every day. Erm LSD can help, microdose or megadose. Weed is my best loved friend. Also look into tcds machines.
Ps SJW do not combine with other psych meds! Check safety guidelines. My favourite brand is UCalm. Brands do make a difference . You could also look at Lithium Orotate. I am also now taking 50 mg a day of zinc and my ex swears by vit D megadose.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: wordsonscreen
W

walktothewater

Nov 7, 2020

If it's difficult to get in the US, one can assume impossible in Ireland, though I certainly would try it otherwise.

Reactions: wordsonscreen
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
Call me crazy, but I read that scopolamine is a fast-acting antidepressant, as well as an anxiolytic.

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
If it's difficult to get in the US, one can assume impossible in Ireland, though I certainly would try it otherwise.
It's everywhere! You just need a dealer or the dark net. Lots of guidance on Reddit. Don't take it if you have an addictive personality, follow a treatment protocol. Infusions are better but currently only for the rich

W

walktothewater

Nov 7, 2020
Ok, well I started Sertraline 50mg yesterday.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Zjdk.gif

NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
One thing about St. John's Wort, make sure you check for drug interactions. I wanted to try it, but it interfered with what I was taking.

Reactions: LittleJem
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
haha ok this is actually true lol unfortunately. Genuine connection is the fastest acting antidepressant. @GenesAndEnvironment, do you know a good source? Does A ship this internationally??
hqdefault.jpg

• Aww..
Reactions: Ame
Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Mage
May 14, 2018
I've tried micro doseing both shrooms and lsd and I've tried ketamine. All three helped instantly but then once I stopped I went back to my same pathetic self. I have sort out other things along with taking meds me thinks.

N

Nicothe13th

Student
Jan 6, 2021
Yeah psychs are good, hate ket tho but heard it works for some.

They're no miracle drugs though unfortunately

Reactions: LittleJem
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I cry my eyes out on shrooms, they make me feel terrible every time i try them. Not sure why other people find them appealing tbh.
Me too. When I tried microdosing before Xmas (again) I felt like it was wringing my brain and bringing up shame. It was torturous. Also they really upset my stomach.

However, when I took a few of them when I was feeling a bit better one time (I think due to medication/a supplement) then I enjoyed them. So maybe my brain when depressed (most of the time) is too depressed to enjoy them.

I am going to try a bigger dose soon. They did freak me out though, they kind of told me they built the whole world. I could see the geometry in everything and they were like these very inhumane Gods, that build and design and create and network.

There were times I felt more love and empathy on them - and that is what I longed for the most, but I haven't had any lasting effects from them as yet. I am due another (desperate) trip on them though...

B

bobjohn420911

Feb 22, 2021
I don't have the patience to wait 3 weeks and then find it might not work. I might go back on Cymbalta but that takes 3 weeks to click in (based on previous experience). I might ask for Sertraline, does anyone have experience with it or anything similar?
hey i dont take any anti depressants personally i dont believe in taking any drugs legal or not.. i am completely sober. however i know of this video that acts as an anti depressant /spoiler

after 5 minutes you this video will start releasing dopamine into your brain

edit: i dont know if we are aloud to post video links or not i apolagize if not just dm me rules just trying to help

NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
hey i dont take any anti depressants personally i dont believe in taking any drugs legal or not.. i am completely sober. however i know of this video that acts as an anti depressant /spoiler

after 5 minutes you this video will start releasing dopamine into your brain

edit: i dont know if we are aloud to post video links or not i apolagize if not just dm me rules just trying to help

Knowing how Riff Raff acts as a human, the fact that you shared this is hilarious to me.