• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

BecomingTired

BecomingTired

Lov3rBoy<3
Feb 23, 2024
Simply put, what would you consider as a "real" close friend

Reactions: Dingusguy
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
My dog. My previous dog changed demeanour when I was rotting on the sofa from cancer (we used to go on walks and she had a lot of energy but she toned it down as she saw that I couldn't walk and stuff).

Even someone I've known for decades I've realised doesn't really understand me. He thinks that this is just a phase and it'll change. Yeah having your business collapse, partner leave and losing the flat in Spain is a "little life bump". He gave me a book on that David Goggins guy. The guy seems like a narcissistic loud mouth and wants attention. Why would I want that? Guess that's the normie take on things I guess. Manifest in your head and it'll come true lol. Cope or delusion? Not sure.

• Hugs
Reactions: lemonbunny, juna, BecomingTired and 2 others
Dingusguy

Dingusguy

I just want to sleep...
Oct 20, 2023
Someone you could confide in, someone who will be there for you when you need them and likewise someone you'd let confide in you or be there for them when they need you.

Being friends with someone because they are entertaining is a perfectly good reason but I would not consider them a close friend. Close friends are a part of you and it should hurt to lose them if you ask me. That's what I consider a "real" close friend

Reactions: juna
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
Someone you could confide in, someone who will be there for you when you need them and likewise someone you'd let confide in you or be there for them when they need you.

Being friends with someone because they are entertaining is a perfectly good reason but I would not consider them a close friend. Close friends are a part of you and it should hurt to lose them if you ask me. That's what I consider a "real" close friend
Honestly this is dangerous. If you say things that are said here to even "friends" and they decide it's wrong you are going to be in a world of pain. I'd rather just talk to people here. You've got a better chance of meeting someone here because deep down the core issue you both relate to. You don't want to abuse, take advantage or one up someone whereas the normal people in society will step on others just to get job promotions for example.

Reactions: juna
emptyenvelopes

emptyenvelopes

Jun 15, 2024
A real friend is someone who you can walk through life with. Someone that you stick with and they stick by you through the ups and downs. Meaning sometimes you are closer than others, but knowing that you could reach out at anytime and they would be there.

I think a real friend stays with you even when you stop being resourceful to them. A true friend values companionship with you over capitalizing your strengths to benefit themselves. I think that's hard to find nowadays as people are quick to drop others when they stop being useful.

Reactions: wCvML2, juna, Dingusguy and 1 other person
Iris Blue

Iris Blue

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-
Oct 23, 2023
I would consider a close friend being someone you are never afraid of being yourself with and honest to. Someone who you can know what's going on with them without them having to say anything. Or when you haven't seen them in a while but when you do you can pick up where you left off like no time has passed. Someone who is the first person you think about when you read a thoughtful quote or find a funny meme you need to send to someone no matter how dark the humor may be. Having a close friend definitely takes a lot of time but once you do it's always worth both of your while.

Reactions: ColorlessTrees and juna
-nobodyknows-

-nobodyknows-

Jun 16, 2024
A real friend is someone who you can walk through life with. Someone that you stick with and they stick by you through the ups and downs. Meaning sometimes you are closer than others, but knowing that you could reach out at anytime and they would be there.

I think a real friend stays with you even when you stop being resourceful to them. A true friend values companionship with you over capitalizing your strengths to benefit themselves. I think that's hard to find nowadays as people are quick to drop others when they stop being useful.
Shit. This hit a bit too close to home.

• Hugs
Reactions: emptyenvelopes
Dingusguy

Dingusguy

I just want to sleep...
Oct 20, 2023
Honestly this is dangerous. If you say things that are said here to even "friends" and they decide it's wrong you are going to be in a world of pain. I'd rather just talk to people here. You've got a better chance of meeting someone here because deep down the core issue you both relate to. You don't want to abuse, take advantage or one up someone whereas the normal people in society will step on others just to get job promotions for example.
I agree, it is dangerous. I don't share most of what I say on here or think about when I am alone to my friends. But I do have 1 person I have shared my thoughts with. And while I risked a lot doing that it didn't fuck me over. (Yet) if you prefer. My point is. A Real Friend. Would not fuck you over for sharing your thoughts, problems, or pains. So the ones that do, or try to are not real friends, they are just assholes and unfortunately the world is teeming with those.

Reactions: Throwawayacc3
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
I agree, it is dangerous. I don't share most of what I say on here or think about when I am alone to my friends. But I do have 1 person I have shared my thoughts with. And while I risked a lot doing that it didn't fuck me over. (Yet) if you prefer. My point is. A Real Friend. Would not fuck you over for sharing your thoughts, problems, or pains. So the ones that do, or try to are not real friends, they are just assholes and unfortunately the world is teeming with those.
The absolute irony of this lol. You see why I just like to deal with animals. Even the parrots that can comprehend and mimic speech don't rat you out lol. I like talking with the horse the most I'd say because his ears show what he's thinking. Yesterday he pretty much asked me to shoo away flies and scratch his ears (it was about 30 degree in the UK) but he was chewing after it (shows being happy/content). I can barely read people but animals I'm fine with lol. So fucked up.

• Love
J

juna

Exhausted of this existence...
Mar 4, 2024
Someone who will support you always. Someone who says it is going to be okay. Someone who you can trust, who will not say bad things behind your back. Someone who is there, there when you call them, and understands you.
Someone who comforts you when you are low.
But I wouldn't trust them with my suicidal plans, it is not their fault that society is a pro-lifer.

Dingusguy

Dingusguy

I just want to sleep...
Oct 20, 2023
The absolute irony of this lol. You see why I just like to deal with animals. Even the parrots that can comprehend and mimic speech don't rat you out lol. I like talking with the horse the most I'd say because his ears show what he's thinking. Yesterday he pretty much asked me to shoo away flies and scratch his ears (it was about 30 degree in the UK) but he was chewing after it (shows being happy/content). I can barely read people but animals I'm fine with lol. So fucked up.
Animals are lovely, I totally get you and if we're being real for a moment, there are days where I just pull my ball python out of her enclosure and just pet and speak to her for hours while watching tv. She doesn't react much of course, but just talking to something that is chilling with me I know would never stab me in the back (cause she can't if nothing else) is nice. I used to do the same things with my dogs, but it's been a while since they passed so my snake has to deal with all the crap now.

Last edited:
Reactions: juna and Throwawayacc3
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
Animals are lovely, I totally get you and if we're being real for a moment, there are days where I just pull my ball python out of her enclosure and just pet and speak to her for hours while watching tv. She doesn't react much of course, but just talking to something that is chilling with me I know would never stab me in the back (cause she can't if nothing else) is nice. I used to do the same things with my dogs, but it's been a while since they passed so my snake had to deal with all the crap now.
Nnaaahhhhh dude! Lizard and snakes do react to humans. It's one thing that we are warm blooded so they will stay on us for heat/warmth but I've seen some videos of bearded dragons and or lizards acting like dogs. I'm probably too biased but any lizard, snake, spider (tarantula), mammal, bird, etc I'd take over a person. People are dodgy fuckers even if you know them. There is one person at the sanctuary who I did chat with about some of this stuff but he's like us just not on this forum. He's autistic as well lol. Even the others say they don't really like people so I get it.

I did say in another thread I wouldn't mind meeting a few people from here. Not to chat and stuff but maybe just sit down and play a video game or see some animals or something. I just don't relate to the populace anymore and they all like the normie stuff.

Reactions: juna and Dingusguy
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
tumblr_nyeklx8xt11qhy6c9o2_r1_1280.gif

Reactions: wCvML2, juna, Throwawayacc3 and 1 other person
Dingusguy

Dingusguy

I just want to sleep...
Oct 20, 2023
Nnaaahhhhh dude! Lizard and snakes do react to humans. It's one thing that we are warm blooded so they will stay on us for heat/warmth but I've seen some videos of bearded dragons and or lizards acting like dogs. I'm probably too biased but any lizard, snake, spider (tarantula), mammal, bird, etc I'd take over a person. People are dodgy fuckers even if you know them. There is one person at the sanctuary who I did chat with about some of this stuff but he's like us just not on this forum. He's autistic as well lol. Even the others say they don't really like people so I get it.

I did say in another thread I wouldn't mind meeting a few people from here. Not to chat and stuff but maybe just sit down and play a video game or see some animals or something. I just don't relate to the populace anymore and they all like the normie stuff.
Oh yeah for sure bearded dragons are great for reacting to you, they are very friendly, I had two of them in the past they are fantastic pets! But I meant that my snake doesn't react much, she is lazy and that suits me fine, I like having a scaly friend to just chill with. And she makes for an excellent masseur, I have neck pain sometimes and having a snake massage away that pain is fucking great.

Also you mentioned a sanctuary, I take it you work at an animal sanctuary? If so that is really cool, I always wanted to work with animals

As for playing games and seeing peoples animals, that is a great reason to wanna meet some people from the forum if you ask me!

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
Oh yeah for sure bearded dragons are great for reacting to you, they are very friendly, I had two of them in the past they are fantastic pets! But I meant that my snake doesn't react much, she is lazy and that suits me fine, I like having a scaly friend to just chill with. And she makes for an excellent masseur, I have neck pain sometimes and having a snake massage away that pain is fucking great.

Also you mentioned a sanctuary, I take it you work at an animal sanctuary? If so that is really cool, I always wanted to work with animals

As for playing games and seeing peoples animals, that is a great reason to wanna meet some people from the forum if you ask me!
Snakes are like that but they do have personalities. They are way more chill than say a bird (those guys are all over the place).

The sanctuary in Spain had exotic animals - they did have a very friendly python (he was massive but really chill), lemurs, monkeys, lions, sea lions, goats, baboons, birds (cockatoos, macaws, African greys, etc). Yeah that was my good place especially in the aviary. All rescues or dumped there. People are real fuck heads.

The sanctuary in the UK is just a small one run by two owners (a couple): two horses, two goats, a lot of muntjac deers, parrots, pig, sheep, jays, crows, turtles, herons, etc. you can't enclosures but I've been allowed to get closer as I'm there pretty often and they all sort of know me there. Animals get their bit of attention plus I get to clear my head about 10-20%.

Yeah it's just a lot us are all around the world and it's kind of hard. There is someone that does art and is based in London so they are near me it's just I don't want to be weird and say "hey let's meet up" sort of thing. I just can't show my art to anyone which is pretty depressing.

Dingusguy

Dingusguy

I just want to sleep...
Oct 20, 2023
Snakes are like that but they do have personalities. They are way more chill than say a bird (those guys are all over the place).

The sanctuary in Spain had exotic animals - they did have a very friendly python (he was massive but really chill), lemurs, monkeys, lions, sea lions, goats, baboons, birds (cockatoos, macaws, African greys, etc). Yeah that was my good place especially in the aviary. All rescues or dumped there. People are real fuck heads.

The sanctuary in the UK is just a small one run by two owners (a couple): two horses, two goats, a lot of muntjac deers, parrots, pig, sheep, jays, crows, turtles, herons, etc. you can't enclosures but I've been allowed to get closer as I'm there pretty often and they all sort of know me there. Animals get their bit of attention plus I get to clear my head about 10-20%.

Yeah it's just a lot us are all around the world and it's kind of hard. There is someone that does art and is based in London so they are near me it's just I don't want to be weird and say "hey let's meet up" sort of thing. I just can't show my art to anyone which is pretty depressing.
About the birds yeah... I know... They have a lot of arhm... "energy" My mother owns two little love bird parrots and they are cute as hell but WAY to energetic for me lol.

as for the sanctuaries it's a good thing the animals have a friend in you. I am glad to hear enjoy gong to the sanctuaries. Too many people neglect their pets or just treat animals like trash which is saddening.

And about showing people your art, have you considered some sort of platform to post it on? I get that is a bit of a normie thing to do but you could gather a few people to look at your art and enjoy it with you. Unless of course you mean you just want to show people your art in private in which case yeah I totally get why that would suck. Since meeting people from here on SaSu is not just iffy and unlikely. But also because the chance that they live close isn't too big

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
About the birds yeah... I know... They have a lot of arhm... "energy" My mother owns two little love bird parrots and they are cute as hell but WAY to energetic for me lol.

as for the sanctuaries it's a good thing the animals have a friend in you. I am glad to hear enjoy gong to the sanctuaries. Too many people neglect their pets or just treat animals like trash which is saddening.

And about showing people your art, have you considered some sort of platform to post it on? I get that is a bit of a normie thing to do but you could gather a few people to look at your art and enjoy it with you. Unless of course you mean you just want to show people your art in private in which case yeah I totally get why that would suck. Since meeting people from here on SaSu is not just iffy and unlikely. But also because the chance that they live close isn't too big
I did Timelapse videos of about 11 art pieces I did with video editing. It's purely to make time go by. It's just another cope. One video got a bit of attention (about 7,000 views) but I don't really care. I enjoyed doing art with my previous partner and we would frame it. That sort of stuff. Yeah I don't like groups and stuff, never have. With 1 person you can actually listen and talk and compare and stuff.

Dingusguy

Dingusguy

I just want to sleep...
Oct 20, 2023
I did Timelapse videos of about 11 art pieces I did with video editing. It's purely to make time go by. It's just another cope. One video got a bit of attention (about 7,000 views) but I don't really care. I enjoyed doing art with my previous partner and we would frame it. That sort of stuff. Yeah I don't like groups and stuff, never have. With 1 person you can actually listen and talk and compare and stuff.
That's a valid point, a single person makes it easier to talk about things you like rather than picking out a single voice from a whole crowd of people