Leo

Leo

Catching flight soon.....bus is too slow
Sep 28, 2018
As soon as we die, we are sent back to unconscious state of our own childhood and like this cycle continuous. Because throught out of my life , there were so many moments that I felt like they happened already or I am experiencing them again.

Scientifically this phenomenon is called "Deja vu", but is it really true?

• Hugs
Reactions: M84u, SuicideAwaits and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
I don't think so. I think all of spacetime actually exists as a single, changeless unit, but due to the way our minds are built, we can only experience reality one moment at a time, going linearly from the past toward the future. So we will always exist and not exist at the same time. Which of these apparent mutually-exclusive states seems more true of us depends on which chunk of spacetime you take as your reference point. For example, Hastings, England, 1066 AD: no. Right here and now on this messageboard: yes. Five-hundred years from now on a space-junk recycling station in orbit above the uninhabitable Earth: no. (Thank god.)

From our own perspective, though, we pass from nothing into nothing, with whatever we make of our lives in between. I see no reason to think that we will experience heavens, hells, or lives as other people outside the small span of years we are alive.

That perspective certainly makes our lifetimes look exceptional. Special, even, if we're lucky. "Special" in sarcastic air quotes if we're not.

• Love
Reactions: Birthinjune, PrettyMoose, stygal and 2 others
L

Loser47

Student
Jan 14, 2021
We can't change that. When I'm thinking of CTB all I look forward to is eternal peace. Non existence is bliss.

Reactions: Bigpink