TheBlackSwordsman

TheBlackSwordsman

Student
Apr 24, 2019
That deep really deep, makes you think though.

If you are interested, I can pm you a scenario I read on quora. It was a response someone gave to a person asking if they should continue living and whether life is pointless.

Reactions: Kirkscoobz
M

malummo

Student
Jul 15, 2019
I understand not finding peace here as a reason to ctb, but I do not expect anyone who considers ctb it should be as a way to seek out peace. I think a best case scenario is if we really are spirit beings and one who does ctb is taken care of by angelic guides and given room and support and understanding but in this instance one would likely have to go through a review of their life and experience a period of reconciling with the feelings of what led one to ctb and likely the effect that decision had on their existensial growth and on those they left behind. For those who think a complete ceasing of existence is all that awaits them upon death, then ctb is not the way to seek peace. Peace is something you feel and experience. One cannot feel or experience anything if all that you are completely ceases to be upon death.
One cannot feel or experience anything if all that you are completely ceases to be upon death.

Everyone has their point of view about it. I personally do not believe that there is a life after, but I respect everybody's opinion. I think the goal is to achieve a state of no emotion. In your life after life you will also have negative emotions.
One cannot feel or experience anything if all that you are completely ceases to be upon death.

Everyone has their point of view about it. I personally do not believe that there is a life after, but I respect everybody's opinion. I think the goal is to achieve a state of no emotion. In your life after life you will also have negative emotions.
ok, maybe I have to reconcile with my cell phone .. that paragraph is your quote above

Last edited:
Conflicted Cat

Conflicted Cat

Experienced
May 23, 2019
I'm neutral here. There's no concrete proof to answer this. And there probably never will be. It sucks.

On Astral Projection, I've tried to do it myself, but I've never been able to. Nearly a few times though. I'd like to do it at least once, but I've given up for the time being.

Reactions: justanotherday and Kirkscoobz

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
You won't get peace though. It is nothingness. There is nothing there. George Washington isn't at peace; he is just no longer alive. No longer a person. That is it.

Is there any difference between peace and nothingness?

Reactions: not_a_robot
Life+me=error

Life+me=error

Warlock
May 22, 2019
When you die you will see a light, just follow it and you will end up in Paradise. Believe me, I am a 2 month old SS member after all, long enough to be considered trustworthy.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: not_a_robot, crimea_river, sadbunny and 2 others
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
When you die you will see a light, just follow it and you will end up in Paradise. Believe me, I am a 2 month old SS member after all, long enough to be considered trustworthy.
I've been an SS member for just over a year. I expect everyone to trust me!

Want to experience how much you can trust me? Stare at my avatar for 5 minutes, and ask yourself if you can trust me...

Hint: I don't even trust myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: Life+me=error
J

JoeFailure

Mage
Apr 29, 2019
I have spent countless upon countless hours studying this topic. From various religions to reading nde after nde to reading thoughts from various supposed mediums. I am no expert and this is all my opinion, but I am strongly convinced that there is life beyond physical death and that this is not all that there is. Someone would think that makes me feel more willing to ctb but it does not. Firstly all that reading is not equal to experiential knowledge. Also, if what I believe is true, there is no escape. Whatever issues we are running from in this life, we are eternal beings and we will learn the lessons we need to learn, one way or another. In this sense, this death will only delay that inevitably. I am currently considering trying to find a medium to attempt to receive extra-dimensional input on this topic. Maybe it will be worthwhile, maybe it won't. Yet, when I am in the throes of deep despair, how much weight can any of this hold?

Here's one of the issues with this though...sometimes people aren't running from their issues. Sometimes it's insufferable pain or sometimes your brain and body literally will not listen to you.

That's what I'm going through right now. No matter what I tell my brain and body, it simply won't listen to me. Both of them are still creating the constant anxiety and depression.

That's what makes me believe in a soul. Or maybe it's just different parts of the brain battling each other.

If there's some kind of hierarchy to all this, I would hope there is an understanding of mental illness. Many times people just can't win that battle against their brain(or that part of the brain)and body.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lisa, justanotherday, Dreamcolleger and 2 others
Kirkscoobz

Kirkscoobz

Experienced
Feb 8, 2019
I'm neutral here. There's no concrete proof to answer this. And there probably never will be. It sucks.

On Astral Projection, I've tried to do it myself, but I've never been able to. Nearly a few times though. I'd like to do it at least once, but I've given up for the time being.
There's a good film with the same name that you might enjoy /

Pupuce

Pupuce

Nobody exists on purpose. Come ctb
Apr 19, 2019
Example: I can't prove that demons don't live in my Mac, so should I believe that my iMac is possessed?
Your Mac itself is a demon. Don't stray from the right path of our Lord Windows.

Reactions: 262653, not_a_robot and Pistolero114
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
Nobody knows what is or is not. Anyone saying otherwise is trying to convince you so they can convince themselves, to get others on board to validate their CHOSEN position. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks sounds legit or their "analysis" has concluded. They don't KNOW. They are hypothesizing and declaring it as fact without all the actual facts.

Not knowing is terrifying and that's how a lot of people cope with it. I am envious in a way because it makes things less worrisome, but I am unable to ignore the reality that we just don't know. I don't trust anyone who says there IS or is NOT some unknowable thing because it shows me I cannot depend on them to be reasonable in other decisions as well. "I don't know" is so hard for so many.

The best any of us can legitimately do is hope for the best given our personal philosophies and experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: justanotherday, 262653, shortbloom and 2 others
Alec

Alec

Wizard
Apr 22, 2019
I suppose it can always get worse. No matter what situation you are in, and what you plan on doing to it it can always backfire, doesn't matter hope bad things are now it can always get worse. I suppose we just have to take a chance and how it gets better, instead of worse, because what is now certainly isn't working. And if it gets worse and then we try something else and something else and something else. Even if there is an after life and it's worse then we'll look for the way to stop the pain there and make it better again and again. Just because it could always be worse doesn't mean that what is now is ok or bearable, doesn't mean we should agree with it and give up to it and let it torture us. Just because it could be worse doesn't mean we should just give in to the pain we have now and stop looking for whatever it is that we want, doesn't mean we should accept it. Just because our situation could get worse doesn't mean right now it is ok doesn't mean we should just let it happening to us. We should be glad that it isn't worse right now but it doesn't mean we should give up trying to make it better and just be compliant with the suffering we have now. Just because it could get worse, doesn't mean what is now works for us.

Reactions: Nem, Lisa and shortbloom
B

Black_Knight

Jul 10, 2019
I have no doubt that it will be, at least for me. I don't know what else to do, though.

Reactions: Nem
V

Vegrau

Wizard
Nov 27, 2018
Base on what? A lifetime of brainwashing by the religious cults? Hehehahahaha. If some religion actually tells a good and happy afterlife for all kind of death. Will its believer believe that or will they still worry? Why would an omnipotent gods need anything from us human if they exist? Why would they need us to prove anything to them? For what? To determine where we end up after death? Heaven or hell? Shit and giggles?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: liverpoolfan and not_a_robot
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
I'm sure a lot of you think about this too but what if we ctb and it's even worse if there is an afterlife. I don't want to go through more suffering , I've already had enough more than I can take. I just want peace. Any thoughts ?
I'd like to think that what waits for us is the peace offered by dreamless sleep, permanently. I sometimes go to bed (chronically exhausted), and as I fade away I smile a bit inside at the fantasy that if I never woke up, that would be nice.
It's horrible really, when you think about the things we want to do to ourselves... But the world is horrible and the collective experiences of those here are a solid testament to that.
Where ever we go, I hope if there cannot be love, there can at least be peace.
DBD

Reactions: Johanna94, justanotherday and DreamCatcher
peacetoall

peacetoall

May 24, 2019
Yeah. There is no afterlife. This idea that you will go someplace worse is a scare tactic used by people in power to stop those at the bottom from committing suicide if their quality of life drops to nothing.

You won't get peace though. It is nothingness. There is nothing there. George Washington isn't at peace; he is just no longer alive. No longer a person. That is it.

You can't say definitively that there is or isn't an afterlife. Nobody knows

Existential questions plague my mind constantly. To understand the questions of life would bring me joy beyond measure.
This video demonstrates just how small we are in the grand scheme of things. So much out there that we can't even comprehend

Last edited:
Reactions: justanotherday and oopswronglife
TheBlackSwordsman

TheBlackSwordsman

Student
Apr 24, 2019
Is there any difference between peace and nothingness?

Interesting question. Guess it depends on your perspective. Some think as I understand it is stated in Kaballah, that all existence emanates from the void of nothingness, what some of us would refer to as God in its true, all-encompassing unknowable form. To make room for creation, it withdrew itself and condensed itself into a point of infinite energy then exploded outwardly in infinite directions like a big bang. Also, this process of expansion will eventually contract back into itself, back into the void of nothingess. I guess from that perspective you could make the argument that peace and nothingess are the same. Kaballah is quite interesting and I think it is something worth learning about.

Reactions: Lisa and 262653
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
And then there's Pastors of churches that commit suicide, so that's kinda interesting...

Lol. Several priests and nuns have confessed to me that they have no belief in God or the supernatural.
But they were probably just trying to impress me so I'd sleep with them.

• Yay!
  • Wow
Reactions: rotciv and HGL91
TheBlackSwordsman

TheBlackSwordsman

Student
Apr 24, 2019
Here's one of the issues with this though...sometimes people aren't running from their issues. Sometimes it's insufferable pain or sometimes your brain and body literally will not listen to you.

That's what I'm going through right now. No matter what I tell my brain and body, it simply won't listen to me. Both of them are still creating the constant anxiety and depression.

That's what makes me believe in a soul. Or maybe it's just different parts of the brain battling each other.

If there's some kind of hierarchy to all this, I would hope there is an understanding of mental illness. Many times people just can't win that battle against their brain(or that part of the brain)and body.

I apologize I could have worded it better. It's still a conscious choice for us whether we opt out or not. That's what I was mainly referring to.

O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
You can't say definitively that there is or isn't an afterlife. Nobody knows

One of my biggest peeves is people who state things they cannot know as fact and fight you over it. I have my own beliefs about what is likely or not likely...but I don't know what the reality is. I understand the psychology...they want to feel they know something, have some control, some comfort. But It bothers me deeply when they can't just believe without needing to prove you wrong or fight you over it in order to bolster their own stance. And this goes for atheists as equally as spiritual people. Most people just will not say "I don't know" and rather shut someone else down to feel better.

Last edited:
Reactions: justanotherday and peacetoall
Unlucked

Unlucked

Student
Jul 10, 2019
To be honest rather than an afterlife I think it's more probable that we are in a simulation, if we are talking about post death existence. I mean elon musk literally said it's like almost a certainty that we are in a simulation. So I bet if there is some sort of post existence it would just end up with us waking up and being greeted by some random future earth citizen who basically is like "so how was that 20 year life span of some random person in the 20th century, did you enjoy it? Was your experience immersive enough?" Maybe we all signed up for this and it's just part of a fully immersive video game. Otherwise though, maybe we are just a bunch of neurons and we just die. Because literally, I almost hanged myself once and that undeniable feeling of my consciousness slipping away and unable to focus on one specific thought, while my consciousness became cartoony from oxygen deprivation was undeniable. Based on that experience I'm pretty sure our consciousness will end with the brain dying.

P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
i'll just ctb there as well i guess.

• Hugs
Reactions: rotciv, Numbtopain97, OnlyMercy and 2 others
Pistolero114

Pistolero114

Veteran
Jun 25, 2019
A possibility. However; what if it's better? Unfortunately that's a one way ride and the folks I know who took it are not talking. Basically it's like anything in our lives; a roll of the dice. Wish I had something more positive to say but that's about it. A gamble. A really really BIG gamble but a gamble nonetheless. Good luck.

Reactions: Lisa
oxymoron

oxymoron

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2019
I'm sure a lot of you think about this too but what if we ctb and it's even worse if there is an afterlife. I don't want to go through more suffering , I've already had enough more than I can take. I just want peace. Any thoughts ?
Then you can CTB again.
Be born
CTB
Repeat.
i'll just ctb there as well i guess.
lol cos why not.

Reactions: Lisa
G

glk

Jul 2, 2019
If there's actually something out there, I'd like to know what it is, even if it is much worse. Though I think neither joy nor pain can exist outside of a living body.

Kikoo Loool

Kikoo Loool

Enlightened
Feb 25, 2019
Have tou got any serious reason to believe in afterlife?

F

Free

Jul 13, 2019
Ask yourself: Are you evil? If not and you can honestly sleep at night with a good conscience, then what are you honestly afraid of? It's natural to always be afraid of the so-called "unknown", but it doesn't make sense to be afraid if your hands are clean. That's what it really comes down to.

The people that run this world are psychopaths who commit horrific crimes that goes beyond our imagination yet everything goes their way and by the looks of it, it doesn't seem like they have to pay for their evil doings. Smh. I know we all have different beliefs, but clearly the ruler of this world and its workers are not on good people's side, so if these fuckers are allowed to run amok and create havoc on this earth, then I don't see why decent/good people should have anything to worry about.

If god or whatever wanted to condemn me for just wanting peace, then god rightly fuck himself/herself/itself( whatever it is)! I really don't care. If there is a god that wants to punish good people for deciding to leave an evil planet in search for peace, then is that god really for us? NO! That wouldn't make any sense.

If God exists( let's call it an IT, lol) it is evil! Why? Because it is sadistic and loves to just watch its children suffer. WTF. Some people are fearful of god in case it might exist, but IDGAF, I have a bone to pick with god and have a vendetta against god. In fact, I want to fight god! What can god to do to me? Erase my entire existence? Please, I beg, do it! I'm not scared of god or anyone else.

The right to leave is rightfully ours and no one else has a say in it! You have free will and as long as you're not harming others, you can do whatever you want.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nem and DreamCatcher
Darkhaven

Darkhaven

All i have left is memories
May 19, 2019
Then we get out of there too, hahah

Reactions: marcusuk63 and 262653
Dawn0071111

Dawn0071111

Hungry Ghost
Dec 9, 2018
I believe that if our suffering is truly legitimate. That we have done all we could, then we will be fine. God is merciful and benevolent. For me, I am on the path to try everything. I had a very close call suicide attempt in January. I still can't say I'm glad it didn't work. But since I'm here for now I want to see who is right about the point of life.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nem, HGL91 and Maravillosa