Snowx88

Snowx88

Jun 29, 2019
I'm sure a lot of you think about this too but what if we ctb and it's even worse if there is an afterlife. I don't want to go through more suffering , I've already had enough more than I can take. I just want peace. Any thoughts ?

• Hugs
  • Hmph!
Reactions: RABITIA, Klee_, justanotherday and 8 others
T

Thanatos

Outsider
Mar 23, 2018
Maybe a possibility but I'll take my chances personally

• Love
Reactions: throwaway123, letmeseethedeath, justanotherday and 10 others
S

stoney126

Jul 18, 2019
Yeah. There is no afterlife. This idea that you will go someplace worse is a scare tactic used by people in power to stop those at the bottom from committing suicide if their quality of life drops to nothing.

You won't get peace though. It is nothingness. There is nothing there. George Washington isn't at peace; he is just no longer alive. No longer a person. That is it.

• Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, 837, Klee_ and 27 others
V

vulturecyclop

May 23, 2019
I only fear being found/saved/ ending up a vegetable. I am certain there is no afterlife, and if there was, you wouldn't be aware of it.

Reactions: Klee_ and HGL91
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
Pretty sure it's nothingness, just like before we were born. When I think about how complex the human body is in the sense of cells, hormones, chemicals, fluids, electricity, etc., it just makes sense to me that consciousness is something that is "shut off". A "soul" just seems very simplified and I can't imagine some ghostly version of myself floating off into a different dimension.

• Love
Reactions: Partial-Elf, vonvonwantpeace, liverpoolfan and 6 others
bath salts

bath salts

| goodnight |
Jul 19, 2019
Definitely something I've considered before. What comforts me is thinking about it scientifically. Once you cease to exist, so does everything else. No thoughts or feelings or anything, frankly. Gone into the void with the rest of those who caught the bus

• Love
Reactions: Partial-Elf, not_a_robot, slickOne and 4 others
BrokePlatypus

BrokePlatypus

My body sucks.
Jun 14, 2019
The thought of nothing after death scares me more. I'm not a believer so if I ctb I believe that I'll get nothing, or something worse. Maybe, just maybe something good but there's no good scenarios of afterlife I can think of with what I believe. Sometimes nothing sounds peaceful, but frightening to lose all my memories. Death is a mystery.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, justanotherday and Tortured_empath
T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
A woman I know suggested this very thing to me back in March. When the best argument you can come up with for living is that maybe being dead is even worse just isn't a compelling argument. I'm always been an atheist and, like everyone else, I can't possibly know for certain what comes after death though those who think there is some afterlife has absolutely zero evidence to support their view. As a matter of logic we always dismiss any claims that have no evidence to support them. To do otherwise would be to accept all sorts of wildly ridiculous ideas. Example: I can't prove that demons don't live in my Mac, so should I believe that my iMac is possessed?

Reactions: Partial-Elf, justanotherday, Zzzzz and 5 others
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
There is an afterlife, I have been there in the astral before. Yes I have astral projected, it's a very interesting place to be. Much different than our world here. And for the most part you don't have to worry about suffering in the afterlife. Just don't go into dark grey areas. Also know that you create your own reality in the afterlife.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lisa and jake3d
T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
And for the most part you don't have to worry about suffering in the afterlife. Just don't go into dark grey areas. Also know that you create your own reality in the afterlife.
No suffering and creating your own reality sounds like paradise. Shouldn't everyone CTB to get to this wondrous afterlife? Religion notes this problem and imposes a penalty of eternal damnation to prevent everyone for offing themselves right now.

Reactions: Partial-Elf, justanotherday and bath salts
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
The thought of nothing after death scares me more. I'm not a believer so if I ctb I believe that I'll get nothing, or something worse. Maybe, just maybe something good but there's no good scenarios of afterlife I can think of with what I believe. Sometimes nothing sounds peaceful, but frightening to lose all my memories. Death is a mystery.

I definitely have thought the same thing about being sad about losing my memories, but then I figure we all die eventually and lose our memories anyway. Also, we tend to lose older memories as time goes on and the items, environment (like if you move state) and people from our life change. Just a part of life :/

• Love
Reactions: Partial-Elf and not_a_robot
S

stoney126

Jul 18, 2019
Shouldn't everyone CTB to get to this wondrous afterlife?

Hint: They don't because it doesn't exist.

If it did exist, why would religious officials be against it? They would want to CTB as well to join in the afterlife.

The reason a concept of the afterlife is so easy to poke holes in is because there are logical fallacies no matter which way you look at it. Either an afterlife does not exist or it is so far outside out realm of comprehension that we can't possible hope to understand it; nor how our actions in this life would have any effect on it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Partial-Elf, justanotherday, not_a_robot and 1 other person
Saga

Saga

In my memories a smiling me doesn't exist
Jul 20, 2019
I'm sure a lot of you think about this too but what if we ctb and it's even worse if there is an afterlife. I don't want to go through more suffering , I've already had enough more than I can take. I just want peace. Any thoughts ?

Somehow this ends up being scary, but at the same time,what if it was just a void and a never ending hole that we travel down?But at the same time...which would be better?

GinaIsReady

GinaIsReady

Exit Strategist
Mar 29, 2019
There is an afterlife, I have been there in the astral before. Yes I have astral projected, it's a very interesting place to be. Much different than our world here. And for the most part you don't have to worry about suffering in the afterlife. Just don't go into dark grey areas. Also know that you create your own reality in the afterlife.
Could you please explain this part of what you said, "And for the most part you don't have to worry about suffering in the afterlife." What is the suffering one would potentially need to endure? You seem to know a lot of stuff about the afterlife.

Reactions: justanotherday
A

Alan James

Arcanist
Apr 11, 2019
There is no place worse than this world and other physical worlds. Any other place would be better (even hell if it existed). If you have no body (when you die) then how can you experience pain and suffering?

There is no life after death, this is brainwashing with religions, human is just a biorobot. The fear of life after death is the action of the instinct of self-preservation
Also know that you create your own reality in the afterlife.

When I was a child, I had such dreams in which I realized that I was sleeping and there I was creating everything that I would think about. It was not on purpose, I do not know why I had such dreams. Initially, this place was just like a thick endless darkness where nothing is. Everything I thought automatically appeared. This was a problem since I didn't control my thoughts (people have many different thoughts), and everything you think would immediately appear in such dreams. It was very similar to virtual reality, as it is shown in films.

Last edited:
Reactions: Partial-Elf, Datenasdas, jake3d and 2 others
xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

“Leaving this world is not as scary as it sounds.”
Mar 3, 2019
Yeah. There is no afterlife. This idea that you will go someplace worse is a scare tactic used by people in power to stop those at the bottom from committing suicide if their quality of life drops to nothing.

You won't get peace though. It is nothingness. There is nothing there. George Washington isn't at peace; he is just no longer alive. No longer a person. That is it.
Is an afterlife possible? Sure. Likely? No. Even if the afterlife does exist, how in the hell does anyone know what it's like?

Oblivion does seem somewhat peaceful though. Sleep seems pretty peaceful except for some dreams, but I won't exactly be having those anymore: sleep is pretty much as close as most of us get to death within our lifetimes.

Reactions: Partial-Elf and justanotherday
cryptic_cynic

cryptic_cynic

Degenerate
Jul 8, 2019
I'm willing to take the risk. I'm not going to let fear of the unknown stop me from escaping the insufferably horrible existence I already have.

Reactions: Klee_ and Snowx88
J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
There is indeed an astral plane but I wouldn't bet that's where we're going to end up when we're dead.

Reactions: EmptySteph62
xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

Mar 3, 2019
Haven't experienced astral projection myself, so I have no idea whether it's real. OBEs, NDEs, astral projection, or whatever you choose to call it are an interesting set of phenomena. I don't think any of it is sufficient to prove the existence of an afterlife, but I'll keep an open mind. Ultimately, there's only one way to know any of this for sure.

Reactions: justanotherday and jake3d
S

stoney126

Jul 18, 2019
Is an afterlife possible? Sure. Likely? No. Even if the afterlife does exist, how in the hell does anyone know what it's like?

Oblivion does seem somewhat peaceful though. Sleep seems pretty peaceful except for some dreams, but I won't exactly be having those anymore: sleep is pretty much as close as most of us get to death within our lifetimes.

I highly doubt an afterlife exist personally; and if it did, it would be so far past our comprehension that I don't think we could even fathom it.

Most peoples' depiction of what an afterlife would be like (from religion, ghosts/hauntings, etc.) are not relevant in my mind. And the fact that religion has tried in the past and still tries to monetize the afterlife shows that they have no comprehension of it either.

Is it possible? Sure. But it is also possible that aliens have visited earth multiple times and that we don't know it. It is also possible that there is a flying spaghetti monster that is invisible but is responsible for all of our lives, creation, and decisions. There isn't really an end to what things *could* be possible if the only criteria is that we can't disprove it.

Reactions: justanotherday and xXSarac3nSlay3rXx
J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
I highly doubt an afterlife exist personally; and if it did, it would be so far past our comprehension that I don't think we could even fathom it.

The latter is the conclusion I have reached as well, which is a fancy way of saying "we won't know shit".

Reactions: justanotherday and stoney126
xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

Mar 3, 2019
I in no way believe in an afterlife, but I also don't believe that an afterlife doesn't exist. It's a weird semantics thing, I know, but it's basically the agnostic position. I accept that any number of wacky things may be possible, but don't actively believe any of them without sufficient evidence. I don't know that a god doesn't exist, but I sure as hell (no pun intended) don't believe in one. I'd sooner believe that we have been visited by aliens then I'd believe in the supernatural. Maybe I'll naruto run myself into a bullet to die for that cause.

Reactions: AprilsBlessings and justanotherday
Joannf

Joannf

Coração Vagabundo
Oct 8, 2018
Consciousness (in the way that we define it or rather, usually fail to define it), that is, what you think is 'you,' is a quality that neural brains create by their function. It's not a big deal but the only one we have, and so we animals experience it intensely. You can watch Sam Harris videos if you want to try and understand the phenomenon better, and go nuts in arguments around over whether it is 'an illusion' or not, but the gist is simply that once your nerve cells die, then that's the end of it as the memories and functionalities that were genetically hardwired, epigenetically influenced and partially overlearned in your lifetime, the stuff that MADE YOU, disintegrates into relatively unorganized molecular slime whose only chance at being 'reborn' is in the form of a blowfly. This should cool you down. Buzz off.

What's bad about that ? Well, you may have see things other neural entities wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. Watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... now that is a shame really, admit it - but it is what it is.
This is what being dead means, a temporary physical construct that generated a consciousness, has now come apart and is no more, and there's nothing more that need be said about it.

Of course, conscious entities have built-in reflexes to negate the thought of such non-existence, let's simplify these tendencies into the 'hope principle.' They will fantasize about an 'after-life' and others will be happy to listen to 'near-death-experiences' which were however never death-experiences, just near-death. Matter of definition, no ? Yes. So that's that. You can die without fearing life after death, just mobilize the rational part that's hidden in the brains of all of us irrational, delusional meat animals who only exist to duplicate their genes. If you did not succeed in doing this before you die, you have every reason to be frustrated.

Did I piss you off ? Sorry ;))) I seem to have a talent for that, but then again I'm suicidal.
Humans have a VERY hard time thinking rationally. Isn't it a miracle that primates like us ever won through to discover this TRUE, genius level INTELLIGENCE we obviously own, the high level of which is proven by the fact that even almighty GODS somehow think exactly like us ?
(Yeah, yeah. I'll shut up now ;)) Have to fix lunch.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: levymarie, Unlucked, Alan James and 3 others
DreamCatcher

DreamCatcher

Still searching
Jun 18, 2019

I can't imagine a worse place than this life, but if it is worse there, I'll CTB again and try a new existence. Keep hitting reset until you get an experience you enjoy.

• Love
Reactions: Klee_, tothemoon, Lisa and 3 others
TheBlackSwordsman

TheBlackSwordsman

Student
Apr 24, 2019
I understand not finding peace here as a reason to ctb, but I do not expect anyone who considers ctb it should be as a way to seek out peace. I think a best case scenario is if we really are spirit beings and one who does ctb is taken care of by angelic guides and given room and support and understanding but in this instance one would likely have to go through a review of their life and experience a period of reconciling with the feelings of what led one to ctb and likely the effect that decision had on their existensial growth and on those they left behind. For those who think a complete ceasing of existence is all that awaits them upon death, then ctb is not the way to seek peace. Peace is something you feel and experience. One cannot feel or experience anything if all that you are completely ceases to be upon death.

Reactions: Lisa and DreamCatcher
S

Shamana

Warlock
May 31, 2019
There 's lot of stuff about this in the afterlife thread.

Reactions: jake3d
Kirkscoobz

Kirkscoobz

Experienced
Feb 8, 2019
The very thought of an after life frightens the life out of me, none of us truly know for sure what if anything comes after death, we all have our own thoughts on this,
But think on this / we have all heard the saying life is never ending, what if we die, reborn, die, reborn, only to live and feel the pain over and over again, ground hog day scenario if you like, sounds twisted I know,

Stories told of people seeing a white light as the die only to be brought back to life, what if that white light is us some how being reborn in the hospital delivery room, scary I know,

Reactions: justanotherday and jake3d
TheBlackSwordsman

TheBlackSwordsman

Student
Apr 24, 2019
The very thought of an after life frightens the life out of me, none of us truly know for sure what if anything comes after death, we all have our own thoughts on this,
But think on this / we have all heard the saying life is never ending, what if we die, reborn, die, reborn, only to live and feel the pain over and over again, ground hog day scenario if you like, sounds twisted I know,

Stories told of people seeing a white light as the die only to be brought back to life, what if that white light is us some how being reborn in the hospital delivery room, scary I know,
I have spent countless upon countless hours studying this topic. From various religions to reading nde after nde to reading thoughts from various supposed mediums. I am no expert and this is all my opinion, but I am strongly convinced that there is life beyond physical death and that this is not all that there is. Someone would think that makes me feel more willing to ctb but it does not. Firstly all that reading is not equal to experiential knowledge. Also, if what I believe is true, there is no escape. Whatever issues we are running from in this life, we are eternal beings and we will learn the lessons we need to learn, one way or another. In this sense, this death will only delay that inevitably. I am currently considering trying to find a medium to attempt to receive extra-dimensional input on this topic. Maybe it will be worthwhile, maybe it won't. Yet, when I am in the throes of deep despair, how much weight can any of this hold?

• Love
Reactions: LittleJem, Lisa, glk and 3 others
Kirkscoobz

Kirkscoobz

Experienced
Feb 8, 2019
I have spent countless upon countless hours studying this topic. From various religions to reading nde after nde to reading thoughts from various supposed mediums. I am no expert and this is all my opinion, but I am strongly convinced that there is life beyond physical death and that this is not all that there is. Someone would think that makes me feel more willing to ctb but it does not. Firstly all that reading is not equal to experiential knowledge. Also, if what I believe is true, there is no escape. Whatever issues we are running from in this life, we are eternal beings and we will learn the lessons we need to learn, one way or another. In this sense, this death will only delay that inevitably. I am currently considering trying to find a medium to attempt to receive extra-dimensional input on this topic. Maybe it will be worthwhile, maybe it won't. Yet, when I am in the throes of deep despair, how much weight can any of this hold?
That deep really deep, makes you think though.

Reactions: jake3d