S

Sasuwanisan

Aug 7, 2020
Hey guys, I know I might seem like a coward. I actually was planning my suicide for the end of the month I ordered briquettes, a tent, a chimney and I even deleted most of my social media and cut ties with many friends.
And then waiting for the date to come I was watching a horror game and it was so scary that it would be unimaginable to live in it, and right after I thought « what makes me think that after dying I won't end up in a scarier place than this horror game? What makes me think that I will be safe? What makes me think that I won't actually suffer more than I do now? » no answers was there in my mind, actually I have no evidence that suicide will help me, I have no proofs that it will be better...
that same week I made multitude nightmares and at some point I was so scared that I couldn't sleep with the light off. I dreamt that I was decapitated but I was still conscious, of a zombie apocalypse, of a red dehydrated monster repeating words, of all my fears...
I'm so mentally unstable that a nightmare is enough to scare me and dissuade me of a plan that I planned since 7 months.
I'm scared to end up in all those horror games that I watched, that I get trapped in my own fears.
So maybe living is actually the best choice that we have, suicide is the biggest gamble that one can do because no one knows if we are in peace after death. And it's a risky gamble because as much as we can think that it's liberating it can also be a infinite nightmare
I'm still fighting as much as before but at least not as much as that character in silent hill or outlast and that is enough to keep me going

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: voltage268, crybaby, Nephthys22 and 6 others
B

bigdog

Arcanist
Jul 12, 2020
I really doubt there is anything after life. Even if there is (in my opinion 0.000001%) why it should be suffering and not paradise for example or something completely unimaginable

Reactions: lobster salad, demuic, _Minsk and 6 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Society deeply ingrains a concept of an afterlife into us. It's not cowardly to worry that what they say is true. We can't know what if anything happens after. It crosses my mind as well.

• Love
Reactions: Rn110bg101, Nephthys22, GreenTree and 14 others
helpmehelpme

helpmehelpme

self and collective help
Jan 25, 2020
Mine too. I think about the wife in "What Dreams May Come." She ends up in an awful place. Robin Williams' character goes to rescue her. Of course then he hangs himself in real life. Hopefully if I commit the act I do so feeling peace with my decision.

Reactions: Good4Nothing, Sasuwanisan, Meditation guide and 3 others
Niirvana

Niirvana

♥Soon♥
Sep 18, 2020
There is nothing after death

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Leshen, lobster salad and 7 others
C

Campari

Jul 16, 2020
Even if there is some thing i don't think about paradise or hell...

death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
Let say what happens after death is worse. Whether you suicide or not you will face it. So why not stop the suffering here now and head to the next suffering than suffer here for long and head to the next suffering? I'm not telling you to suicide but saying when you try to measure it its best to die as early as possible.

• Love
Reactions: crybaby, Rn110bg101, lobster salad and 6 others
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
it's not cowardly to be afraid. it's just human nature to want to survive for as long as possible. and like roseybird said, society ingrains the idea of an afterlife into people's head. it really is a dangerous gamble - it's only a matter of which sounds worse to you, living or being in some sort of hell.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Meditation guide and 1 other person
Umbreon

Umbreon

Weed Addict
Aug 20, 2020
I don't really fear being in a worse place but what I'm more afraid of is eternal nothingness. I feel sad that I'll never be able to experience anything that life had to offer ever again after I die. And if I reincarnate I'll probably never know anything about this life I had. I really more than anything want a second chance at life. I would literally start this specific life all over again but do things correctly if I could.

• Love
Reactions: crybaby, yetme, zi99 and 6 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I think about this a lot. I read every near death experience I can find. I was raised a Christian and while I'm not religious at all I plan to try to become more religious as much as possible just in case I need it in the afterlife. I'm not sure how but I need to try to believe I guess.

Reactions: Hyperbunny, Passersby, Deleted member 4993 and 1 other person
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Im really sorry that your having bad nightmares. I sometimes get them and they are awful.

Reactions: Sasuwanisan, voltage268, Hyperbunny and 1 other person
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
It 100% won't be, just take my word on it.

I don't really fear being in a worse place but what I'm more afraid of is eternal nothingness. I feel sad that I'll never be able to experience anything that life had to offer ever again after I die. And if I reincarnate I'll probably never know anything about this life I had. I really more than anything want a second chance at life. I would literally start this specific life all over again but do things correctly if I could.

I'm in exactly the same situation except I don't fear eternal nothingness. It's a blessing really, the 2nd best option just under getting a second chance at life.

Last edited:
Reactions: crybaby, CarbonMonoxide, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 1 other person
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
It 100% won't be, just take my word on it.
I think it is based on your belief system, how the after life is for you.

If you think you will go to hell you will, or heaven then you will, or even limbo, as some religions believe then you will. I have some reasons to feel this way which I won't go into but accounts of near death experiences in different countries and cultures seem to agree with this.

Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
They reckon that afterlife quality of life has gone downwards over the last 20 years due to overcrowding, and the afterlife economy is on its knees. They dont even send someone to meet you at the gates any more as they are trying to save money, you just walk in and have to fend for yourself. Its a bit of a rat race from what ive heard.
Probably still better than here though tbh.

Reactions: Nephthys22, voidman, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 1 other person
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
I think it is based on your belief system, how the after life is for you.

If you think you will go to hell you will, or heaven then you will, or even limbo, as some religions believe then you will. I have some reasons to feel this way which I won't go into but accounts of near death experiences in different countries and cultures seem to agree with this.

Near death =!= post-death. They're just hallucinations from your brain that has images of what heaven and hell are. They are just cultural constructs. If you look at the natural world, you'll see how nihilistic and nonjudgmental it is. We all die (and I mean DIE die) no matter of what you did in life. From the sweetest saint to the most diabolical sinner, the outcome is the exact same: Death.

Reactions: Leshen, Good4Nothing, Passersby and 3 others
MrAsclepius

MrAsclepius

Грустная Сука
Jul 31, 2020
If you're worried that a possible afterlife is worse than your current situation on earth, maybe it isn't your time.

Reactions: Leshen, lobster salad and Wayfaerer
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I plan to try to become more religious as much as possible just in case I need it in the afterlife. I'm not sure how but I need to try to believe I guess.
If God exists, and it's the kind of God which acts and judges through the matrix of pascal's wager reasoning

Pw

Then such a God is just a cynically manipulative egomaniac.

• Love
Reactions: Leshen, Good4Nothing, lobster salad and 3 others
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
If God exists, and it's the kind of God which acts and judges through the matrix of pascal's wager reasoning

View attachment 45223

Then such a God is just a cynically manipulative egomaniac.

Pascal's wager is a load of bunk. If an omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent god, who can read all of your thoughts effortlessly, knew that you were merely "pretending" to believe in him so he wouldn't punish you, do you think that person would be rewarded with a good afterlife? Or does he also reward those that merely pretend to believe?

Beliefs aren't a matter of choice. Is the belief that the sky is blue a choice? No, you can't choose to not believe that as you've seen the sky for yourself. Likewise, you likely do not believe in a magical candyland kingdom on the surface of Venus do you? Of course not, why would you believe something as stupid as that? You didn't choose that because such a belief would be completely illogical and nonsensical, it's not a choice. This same principle applies to all religions that involve the supernatural.

You can see the flimsy veneer of religion mold itself around cultural norms, which is even further proof that it is just another cultural phenomenon with no basis in actual reality.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: demuic, onlyeverexisting, lostangel and 1 other person
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Pascal's wager is a load of bunk. If an omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent god, who can read all of your thoughts effortlessly, knew that you were merely "pretending" to believe in him so he wouldn't punish you, do you think that person would be rewarded with a good afterlife? Or does he also reward those that merely pretend to believe?

Beliefs aren't a matter of choice. Is the belief that the sky is blue a choice? No, you can't choose to not believe that as you've seen the sky for yourself. Likewise, you likely do not believe in a magical candyland kingdom on the surface of Venus do you? Of course not, why would you believe something as stupid as that? You didn't choose that because such a belief would be completely illogical and nonsensical, it's not a choice. This same principle applies to all religions that involve the supernatural.

You can see the flimsy veneer of religion mold itself around cultural norms, which is even further proof that it is just another cultural phenomenon with no basis in actual reality.
Yes.

When I am feeling cynical and misanthropic, it seems to me that the whole metaphysical/ethereal architecture of religions which humans have invented over millennia, with gods, complicated infinite attributes of gods, angels, demons, hells, heavens, spirit realms, complex theological systems, etc, are little more than diseased mental outgrowths of the human mind, which is itself an evolutionary aberrance, something which has become a burden and a hindrance. Humankind is mentally over-evolved to the point of absurdity, and most functions of the neocortex have become superfluous.

"The tragedy of a species becoming unfit for life by over-evolving one ability is not confined to humankind. Thus it is thought, for instance, that certain deer in paleontological times succumbed as they acquired overly-heavy horns. The mutations must be considered blind, they work, are thrown forth, without any contact of interest with their environment. In depressive states, the mind may be seen in the image of such an antler, in all its fantastic splendor pinning its bearer to the ground" -- peter wessel, in 'the last messiah'

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Leshen, Good4Nothing, demuic and 1 other person
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
As long as it's only worser and not worserer then I'm good.

S

Sasuwanisan

Aug 7, 2020
I really doubt there is anything after life. Even if there is (in my opinion 0.000001%) why it should be suffering and not paradise for example or something completely unimaginable
I also thought the same but in the end since we will never really know it's all a question of point of views. I'm a huge pessimistic, I think that my life will never get better that I will never improve but what makes me think the opposite for the after death? Nothing. I'm pessimistic all the way to the end I always think about the most horrific scenario that can happen so I guess it really depends on people
Mine too. I think about the wife in "What Dreams May Come." She ends up in an awful place. Robin Williams' character goes to rescue her. Of course then he hangs himself in real life. Hopefully if I commit the act I do so feeling peace with my decision.

i do respect your choice because I wanted to kill myself two weeks ago
Let say what happens after death is worse. Whether you suicide or not you will face it. So why not stop the suffering here now and head to the next suffering than suffer here for long and head to the next suffering? I'm not telling you to suicide but saying when you try to measure it its best to die as early as possible.

I'm religious and there is a huge shaming around suicidal people, they say that those who killed themselves are ungrateful and will be severely punished after death, like suicide is a capital sin.
I know I'm bringing religion but with these horrible horror games scenes and nightmares I can't help myself to be scared that worst can come.

Last edited:
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Yes.

When I am feeling cynical and misanthropic, it seems to me that the whole metaphysical/ethereal architecture of religions which humans have invented over millennia, with gods, complicated infinite attributes of gods, angels, demons, hells, heavens, spirit realms, complex theological systems, etc, are little more than diseased mental outgrowths of the human mind, which is itself an evolutionary aberrance, something which has become a burden and a hindrance. Humankind is mentally over-evolved to the point of absurdity, and most functions of the neocortex have become superfluous.

"The tragedy of a species becoming unfit for life by over-evolving one ability is not confined to humankind. Thus it is thought, for instance, that certain deer in paleontological times succumbed as they acquired overly-heavy horns. The mutations must be considered blind, they work, are thrown forth, without any contact of interest with their environment. In depressive states, the mind may be seen in the image of such an antler, in all its fantastic splendor pinning its bearer to the ground" -- peter wessel, in 'the last messiah'

That's such a damned good quote. Those antlers are examples of sexual selection gone awry, further evidence of evolution not being a tool of god to create but just mutations being selected for to the point of error. I also appreciate the juxtaposition with depression as it is an evolutionary adaptation that has become harmful in much the same way. Beautiful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Good4Nothing, demuic and esse_est_percipi
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I'm more concerned that if I die I'll be reincarnated and I won't be anywhere near as lucky as I was in this one.

Reactions: parasytes_, nothingchanges, voidman and 1 other person
Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
I have researched NDE's and have had very legit mediumship readings about my son,. They said things that there is no way they knew unless he was right there telling them. It's all been an eye opener for sure. One common things about NDE's is 99% I have seen have been pleasant. There are some who say they saw a hell or a non pleasant experience, but majority went to a better place. I don't believe in hell- we are there. What a lot come away from it is LOVE is so important.

• Love
Reactions: Spitfire, _Minsk and OnlyTheWind
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
I have this fear as well. But I can't do this shit for another 50-60 years out of fear. I can't do it, it's madness to keep living like this against your will. What kind of God wouldn't have compassion for people like us?

Reactions: voltage268, Leshen, Good4Nothing and 2 others
Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
If it is truly a horror story, CTB would only bring that horror sooner, it wouldn't change the outcome, unless you believe you would get punished for CTB. I believe the outcome will be the same no matter what I do, so what's the problem with bringing it closer?

Reactions: demuic
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
So suppose there is a life after death, and there is presumably some kind of scoring system to decide where you go to.

Most people seem to think good behaviour doesn't count for much, but bad behaviour is really frowned upon and counts double bad.

So, what do you think is the best option - thinking in the 2 possible extremes - to die the second you are born, so that you can have no good or bad marks against your name, or to live for (instead of infinite) say 100 years where you will have lots of good and lots of bad marks against you?

Surely it's better to die sooner rather than later.

So then is it better to die at 1 year old vs 100, or 10 rather than 100, or 80 than 100?

Even if there is some kind of afterlife, the sooner you die, the better?

If the next place is just worse anyway whatever you do, then who cares, you're going there anyway. Might as well get on with it.

marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
The bible plagiarized from other works of fiction.
Noah and the flood was stolen for a story call The Epic Of Gilgamesh From Hundreds Of Years Earlier .

Jesus's Story Is A Rehashing Of Numerous Previous Characters.

Asklepios healed the sick, raised the dead, and was known as the savior and redeemer.

Dionysus was literally the "Son of God", was born of a virgin mother, and was commonly depicted riding a donkey. He healed the sick and turned water to wine. He was killed but was resurrected and became immortal. His greatest accomplishment was his own death, which delivers humanity itself.

Osiris did the same things. He was born of a virgin, was considered the first true king of the people, and when he died he rose from the grave and went to heaven.

Osiris's son, Horus, was known as the "light of the world", "The good shepherd", and "the lamb". He was also referred to as, "The way, the truth, and the life." His symbol was a cross.

Mithra's birthday was celebrated on the 25th of December, his birth was witnessed by local shepherds who brought him gifts, had 12 disciples, and when he was done on earth he had a final meal before going up to heaven. On judgment day he'll return to pass judgment on the living and the dead. The good will go to heaven, and the evil will die in a giant fire. His holiday is on Sunday (he's the Sun God). His followers called themselves "brothers", and their leaders "fathers".

They had baptism and a meal ritual where symbolic flesh and blood were eaten. Heaven was in the sky, and hell was below with demons and sinners.
Krishna had a miraculous conception that wise men were able to come to because they were guided by a star. After he was born an area ruler tried to have him found and killed. His parents were warned by a divine messenger, however, and they escaped and was met by shepherds. The boy grew up to be the mediator between God and man.

Buddha's mother was told by an angel that she'd give birth to a holy child destined to be a savior. As a child he teaches the priests in his temple about religion while his parents look for him. He starts his religious career at roughly 30 years of age and is said to have spoken to 12 disciples on his deathbed. One of the disciples is his favorite, and another is a traitor. He and his disciples abstain from wealth and travel around speaking in parables and metaphors. He called himself "the son of man" and was referred to as, "prophet", "master", and "Lord". He healed the sick, cured the blind and deaf, and he walked on water. One of his disciples tried to walk on water as well but sunk because his faith wasn't strong enough.

Apollonius of Tyana (a contemporary of Jesus) performed countless miracles (healing sick and crippled, restored sight, casted out demons, etc.) His birth was of a virgin, foretold by an angel. He knew scripture really well as a child. He was crucified, rose from the dead and appeared to his disciples to prove his power before going to heaven to sit at the right hand of the father. He was known as, "The Son of God".

The Bible was created during a time where stories were orally passed down over thousands of years. Stories constantly morphed and changed over time, and the Bible is a collection of these. This is why it has the nearly identical flood story from Gilgamesh, and why Jesus has the same characteristics as Dionysus, Osiris, Horus, Mithra, and Krishna. The contradictions and immorality in the stories are not evidence that God is flawed or evil, but rather that humans invented him, just like the thousands of other gods that we used to but no longer believe in.

Religion exists to control people , "put the fear of God" into them and for great financial rewards , just look at how wealthy the main religions are .

So suppose there is a life after death, and there is presumably some kind of scoring system to decide where you go to.

Most people seem to think good behaviour doesn't count for much, but bad behaviour is really frowned upon and counts double bad.

So, what do you think is the best option - thinking in the 2 possible extremes - to die the second you are born, so that you can have no good or bad marks against your name, or to live for (instead of infinite) say 100 years where you will have lots of good and lots of bad marks against you?

Surely it's better to die sooner rather than later.

So then is it better to die at 1 year old vs 100, or 10 rather than 100, or 80 than 100?

Even if there is some kind of afterlife, the sooner you die, the better?

If the next place is just worse anyway whatever you do, then who cares, you're going there anyway. Might as well get on with it.

Don't forget you are reunited with your loved one too lol , that`s going to be awkward especially if lets say your wife died in her 30`s and you lived to be 80+ and re married . it`s all nonsense .

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Good4Nothing, lobster salad, demuic and 2 others
whitefeather

whitefeather

Thank the gods for Death
Apr 23, 2020
Hey guys, I know I might seem like a coward. I actually was planning my suicide for the end of the month I ordered briquettes, a tent, a chimney and I even deleted most of my social media and cut ties with many friends.
And then waiting for the date to come I was watching a horror game and it was so scary that it would be unimaginable to live in it, and right after I thought « what makes me think that after dying I won't end up in a scarier place than this horror game? What makes me think that I will be safe? What makes me think that I won't actually suffer more than I do now? » no answers was there in my mind, actually I have no evidence that suicide will help me, I have no proofs that it will be better...
that same week I made multitude nightmares and at some point I was so scared that I couldn't sleep with the light off. I dreamt that I was decapitated but I was still conscious, of a zombie apocalypse, of a red dehydrated monster repeating words, of all my fears...
I'm so mentally unstable that a nightmare is enough to scare me and dissuade me of a plan that I planned since 7 months.
I'm scared to end up in all those horror games that I watched, that I get trapped in my own fears.
So maybe living is actually the best choice that we have, suicide is the biggest gamble that one can do because no one knows if we are in peace after death. And it's a risky gamble because as much as we can think that it's liberating it can also be a infinite nightmare
I'm still fighting as much as before but at least not as much as that character in silent hill or outlast and that is enough to keep me going
Did you suffer before you were born ? You can trust in the fact that humans do not run the Worlds / "The Big Show".