SuicidalOrganism

SuicidalOrganism

Experienced
May 31, 2023
The Truman Show Effect (feeling that your life is a reality show where others witness and laugh). I have some philosophical thoughts that my own life is a staged reality show that others are watching and laughing at my own misfortunes. But if my whole life was a movie 24/7, then id say that it is pretty boring
Anyone have such thoughts?

Reactions: rationaltake, UseItOrLoseIt, loopdaloop and 4 others
Anonymoususer1234

Anonymoususer1234

Experienced
Apr 13, 2023
I feel like my life has too much boring filler and too many plot threads that go nowhere to be a movie. Besides I'm not important enough to be the main character of anything.

Reactions: acerace, loopdaloop, Homo erectus and 1 other person
sometimes.sometimes

sometimes.sometimes

Student
Jun 4, 2023
It would just be kind of sad. It's not because of everything I went and go through, it is just the fact it won't have a happy ending. No matter how hard I try or the lengths I go through to feel better, it will all just lead down the same path of being hopeless. Even then, the movie would be so incoherent due to a lot of hallucinations and dissociation, would people even tune in?

I hope that one day, though, I can change all of that so that if it were a movie, it can be hopeful and motivating.

Reactions: Homo erectus and The anhedonic one
jazzcat

jazzcat

dark eyed and miserable
May 19, 2023
I'd be a very boring and sad movie but it would have great music I guess

• Love
Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt and The anhedonic one
SirCalvinXIV

SirCalvinXIV

May 20, 2023
Well, apart from a kind of shocking ending, it'd switch between overly chaotic and completely uninteresting. At the very least, it'd show the disparity between the online world and the real one, not that that's revolutionary or anything, but that'd be just about the only plot line that could be managed.

Reactions: The anhedonic one
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
My life as a movie would appear as an exceptionally dark comedy.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

šŸŽµ Be all, end all šŸŽµ
Apr 17, 2023
No one, not even celebs, have interesting enough lives to be viewed constantly.

Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
If one takes a subjective view of the world, this is very possible. Everyone and everything else can be just actors or zombies. Essentially one lives inside a consciousness bubble, maybe just a simulation. Others are watching from outside for entertainment, or for knowledge, maybe.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I don't really think so, to me any theories like that just come across as being completely fictional, and anyway my existence is very dull, empty and pointless, there's nothing interesting about any of this, I'm just waiting around to die, and that's all what existence is. Humans are just passing the time until everything is forgotten about in death.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
People would be leaving bad reviews for being so utterly bored. They'd need a tissue at the start- quite a sad beginning. After that though, they'd be mucking about on their phones I suspect.

Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
I normally don't like movies, but I finally watched this one because I was interested in the concept. I do relate to the idea of living in a fake world where we have no control over anything, but I lack the paranoid thoughts that there is a conspiracy where everyone else is in on it. It is a great and humorous movie though, and I can see how it could induce paranoia for some people.

A

alterrea

Jun 10, 2023
Would love to ask them why on Earth they are still watching?

Also would love some guidance on what they thought the plot was about because boy does it make literally zero sense to me

Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Then i want the royalties.

• Yay!
Reactions: rationaltake
O

outatime_85

Warlock
May 17, 2022
I know how my movie ends. I have played the ending many times in my head.

There is nothing worth watching unless one enjoys seeing another's life come to a slow, tragic end.

There will be no last-minute rescue.

The hero does not make it.

The wages of sin must be paid.

My entire family knows how my movie ends, but they still choose to watch it come to its conclusion while sitting around and hoping that it ends with a ride off into the sunset.

Spoiler alert: It doesn't.

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake