Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
There was this Youtuber/Streamer named Etika as his entertainment persona.

I never knew who he was fully but I saw a few of his videos and he seemed like a funny and outstanding guy. Unfortunately though last year, he took his own life after he made a 'I'm Sorry' video and talked on how the full on thoughts he went through. Social media consumed him and you should definitely look him up and you'll find more details about him.

Anyways, there was this video posted and how he talked about on "What it memes can kill?"

I'm not very good at predicting things or making accurate guesses but I can tell he was secretly in pain and was hurting. So many others didn't take it seriously and were just consumed only from his entertainment persona and not the person himself, Desmond.

It's sad that he was memed to the last remaining months till his eventual Suicide and no one ever took his mental health seriously.

I really miss him and I wish he did choose to stay and see future technologies and things he missed out on but it's not my place to judge.

• Aww..
Reactions: Isadeth, Brick In The Wall and Deleted member 17331
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Memes are generally designed to be over the top and offensive. So I could definitely see it having an effect on some people. Sad story, hopefully he found peace.

Reactions: AprilsBlessings and Joey
4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
You have to keep in mind that the things you post on the various forums, Twitter, Facebook and all the other various sites, can potentially stay there forever. For some, it can become a constant reminder that keeps their emotional wounds from ever healing. Not only do they stay there potentially forever, they can gain momentum. If you say something about someone, true or not, eventually another person picks it up and believes it, then potentially spreads it, alters it or intensifies it. It can quickly snowball into a powerful and devastating force. As this group of people builds it lends itself to more harassment of various types. You can see this building of momentum with the extremes in cancel culture. Barbarism grows with the size of the crowd and when the crowd doesn't have to look you in the eye or be held accountable... It is far easier to drop a bomb from a plane onto a city, killing thousands, than it is to push a single person off a bridge to their death.

I hate to see someone like the guy in the video not be taken seriously. Everyone deserves to be heard and taken seriously.

Reactions: AprilsBlessings, Sprite_Geist and Joey