• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

goodoldnoname923

goodoldnoname923

Wanting to find peace
Mar 28, 2024
I was just watching a video about NPD
And now I'm worried i might be a narcissist

"That didn't happen.
And if it did, it wasn't that bad.
And if it was, that's not a big deal.
And if it is, that's not my fault.
And if it was, I didn't mean it.
And if I did,You deserved it!"

I feel like whenever i do anything shitty there is always an explanation or a reason for why it's justified in someway or shit

"I suspect that I'm a high functioning narcissist, I'm able to put on a very friendly face, and do things for others that I know are helpful, listen well, ask leading questions, and generally get along, but I suspect it comes from a pathological need to be liked, because 1 find it difficult to like myself, and usually second guess my actions. I end up thinking I've exposed my own insecurity to others, so I overcompensate by presenting as calm and affable, which only repeats the cycle.
1 know that self love and forgiveness is the way out, but mental patterns are very hard to shake. Hopefully being at least aware of this is the first step to recovery"

And i feel i can relare with this comment too…i just dk what to believe anymore

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Everyone has some amount of narcissistic traits. I have the same pathological desire to be liked, and I'm pretty vain regarding my appearance too. But I'm certainly not a danger to anyone.

A bona fide Nperson is far, far darker. Like tormenting and punishing others just for being 'inferior,' potentially in horrific ways. Then they feel very smug because they have demonstrated their superiority and entitlement.

I had 2 of them in my family growing up, and it's pure horror movie material. Decades later, I've made 0% progress in recovering from it.

goodoldnoname923

goodoldnoname923

Wanting to find peace
Mar 28, 2024
Just some more comments i've been reading and they concern me

"If there is no therapist for the BPD, these same symptoms (emotions) are exhibited towards a bullied sibling, for example."

"my mom has BPD and NPD. it's so confusing. she has lost every single relationship she ever had through her abuse (that is the result of these mental conditions). i'm her youngest child. i'm the only one who has any hope left."

"It's hard hearing this when you have an NPD.
For most of the time you live in this narcistic shell go to psychotherapy try to be sympathized all the time, lie all the time, hope that everybody would take care of me, not taking any responsibility of myself, drop fault on everybody else. And then when you are self-concious enough and did a lot of emotional-harm to others you realize how awful person you are and then you sit with yourself with disgust."

"My personal theory has been that BPD and
ND are exactly the same thing, with one notable difference: the person with BPD still has a sense of self, as unstable as it may be, and somehow hasn't managed to hide or destroy it. Take away the sense of self of a person with BPD and you get a person with NPD. The only difference between the two is that the person with ND has perfect defense mechanisms, which the person with BPD hasn't been able to achieve (unfortunately for them, fortunately for the rest of us). This is also what distinguishes the two when it comes to being likely to seek treatment and to adhere to treatment. People with ND tend to be a lost cause when it comes to treatment, but there is always hope for a person with"

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I can certainly suggest including a mental health professional in this conversation. There is massive overlap between different conditions and we are not always well equipped to accurately assess ourselves.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
70E4F7C1 3A6B 443C 9045 1D073DD7C5DA
I took this test and got this as my most recent result. All I can say is "oh no." I feel like I'd be a covert narc rather than an overt one though

Last edited:
C

cosmic-freedom

Student
Mar 18, 2024
Most narcissists won't recognize their own narcissism.Why?Because they are perfect.They are the victims.They are the saints who do everything for others(abuse,lovebomb,control,break) and yet no one appreciates them.😞

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
Most narcissists won't recognize their own narcissism.Why?Because they are perfect.They are the victims.They are the saints who do everything for others(abuse,lovebomb,control,break) and yet no one appreciates them.😞
Perfect description of a narcissist

• Yay!
Reactions: cosmic-freedom
Abyssal

Abyssal

If I’m inactive, then I’m probably okay.
Nov 26, 2023
View attachment 136737
I took this test and got this as my most recent result. All I can say is "oh no." I feel like I'd be a covert narc rather than an overt one though
Ah shit, took the same one and I guess I'm borderline and avoidant. The "well fuck." Feeling is surreal.

Wish I could make someone who knows me take it for me and see how mentally ill I look on the outside tbh.

Anyways, one thing about narcissists is that typically there are few cures for them, not because it's hard to overcome narcissism but because narcissists don't see an issue with themselves and don't seek treatment unless they are forced into it by another. I'm not bullshiting this, I learned this from my courses in psychology and I know a narcissistic in reality. He is horrible and thrives on hurting others. It's more than an excuse and he will never change. The fact that you recognize your narcissistic traits makes it pretty clear you aren't a narcissist.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim
Neowise

Neowise

We fly and fly but never reach our destination.
Oct 7, 2020
True narcissists can't become aware that they are narcissists :)) Source: my mother. Rather would she kill her entire family than admit she overreacted during an argument.