• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

I

I_Am_Trashman

Jun 4, 2018
I honestly wish I had the guts to endure the pain of self-immolation. Self-immolation in front of some sort of city hall, congress, etc. building might send a nice final message.

E

Eric Kalteux

May 15, 2018
Believe me, as a Buddhist, I would like nothing more than to be able to emulate the self immolation of Thích Quang Duc.

Especially in front of a political institution like the ones you mentioned.

I honestly wish I had the guts to endure the pain of self-immolation. Self-immolation in front of some sort of city hall, congress, etc. building might send a nice final message.

GrislyEgress

GrislyEgress

Jul 15, 2018
I'd say a very recent one. Chester Bennington, just because of the abuse he suffered and how he was depressed for the major of life. Chris Cornell's recent suicide also hits right at home as he was depressed seemingly for a while. MF's tell you it gets better but for some of us I guess not .

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I'd say a very recent one. Chester Bennington, just because of the abuse he suffered and how he was depressed for the major of life. Chris Cornell's recent suicide also hits right at home as he was depressed seemingly for a while. MF's tell you it gets better but for some of us I guess not .

I was thinking of Chester Bennington and Chris Cornell as well. I like their music so it was like being punched in the gut … even though I never knew or met them. I think I said as a joke at the time "Couldn't we lose a Kardashian or two … there are plenty of them" Or any of the other useless reality "Stars" Can I at least trade Rob Kardashian for Chester. ;)
Also I was shocked by Robin Williams suicide.

GrislyEgress

GrislyEgress

Jul 15, 2018
I was thinking of Chester Bennington and Chris Cornell as well. I like their music so it was like being punched in the gut … even though I never knew or met them. I think I said as a joke at the time "Couldn't we lose a Kardashian or two … there are plenty of them" Or any of the other useless reality "Stars" Can I at least trade Rob Kardashian for Chester. ;)
Also I was shocked by Robin Williams suicide.
I agree it was really something else. The world is filled with pain

Imaginos

Imaginos

Full-time layabout
Apr 7, 2018
Socrates. He could've walked away, but he didn't. Doing so would've betrayed his inmost principles & beliefs. A tad egotistical & prideful perhaps, but even still, I admire, respect, and, most of all, envy that kind of strength & fearlessness. To knowingly embrace one's fate like that and walk into the arms of death with zero reluctance or hesitation, and all without needing to be in extreme agony or despair to grant such resolve in the first place. God fucking damn it man. If only I could do the same. The most noble suicides, are those that are done with the aim to act as an explicit protest to the shittiness of life (though I suppose that applies to all suicides on some small level). A giant middle finger erected firmly at the basic notion that life is worth living. Existence is shit, regardless of circumstance. End of story. Someone who takes their life in knowledge of this, by choosing to just opt out of playing this stupid game any longer for no other reason than that it would be illogical to not do so, has truly made the only right choice there is to make in this universe, and they have my most deepest reverence for their conviction to truth. To CTB simply because life is bad as a default and not because life has been especially bad to them as an individual.

To fear death, my friends, is only to think ourselves wise, without being wise: for it is to think that we know what we do not know. For anything that men can tell, death may be the greatest good that can happen to them: but they fear it as if they knew quite well that it was the greatest of evils. And what is this but that shameful ignorance of thinking that we know what we do not know?

Socrates - BC 469-BC 399. Greek philosopher of Athens

The hour of departure has arrived and we go our ways; I to die, and you to live. Which is better? Only God knows.

Socrates - BC 469-BC 399. Greek philosopher of Athens

501955-Wikimedia.jpg

Last edited:
N

nuclearsnake

Student
Jul 11, 2018
Ian Curtis maybe because when he died he was the same age as I am right now.

David Foster Wallace. Maybe because he struggled with depression for such a long time.

And Chester Bennington's suicide hit me quite hard. Linkin Park was the soundtrack to my early teenage years and what got me into Metal in the first place.

Speaking of Metal, Dead aka Per Ohlin.

Reactions: skitliv
B

Battered_Seoul

Experienced
Jun 13, 2018
Iris Chang, a historian who wrote about the Nanking massacre.

She suffered extreme sleep deprivation, and was probably deeply disturbed by her research into the depths of human depravity. These days I have a morbid interest in the horrors of life, and it often leaves me sleepless, nihilistic and desperate.

Reactions: LivedTooLong
L

licebap

Jul 7, 2018
Vincent Van Gogh.

I always admired his art deeply since when I was young. I've always thought to have myself a sort of artistic personality and in fact my main regret in education is not having convinced my parents to let me attend art school as high school choice.

Van Gogh was very deeply tied to his brother, just as I am to mine. He had personality disorders and had been suicidal and eventually killed himself at 37 years old.

Accidentally, I'm just 37 years old.