• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: tetra, foreverfalling, eve2004 and 10 others
nys

nys

mors mihi lucrum
Jun 1, 2022
It's taught me that I cant rely on others to care abt me and theyre not gonna care abt me if I don't benefit them in some way or give them something in return. There's no such thing as unconditional love. The only person I can rely on to help me is myself bc everyone only cares abt themselves and if someone helps me, it's not bc they care abt me but bc it would benefit them in some way

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: foreverfalling, Dissappointed, bubo and 11 others
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Everything comes to an end and priorities change. What is important and appealing now may not be later.

• Aww..
Reactions: Élégie, chronicallybroken, JealousOfTheElderly and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I prefer to be alone personally, and I would say that my loneliness is more of a feeling of emptiness that nothing could ever take away. All my suffering has taught me that for me life could never be worth living and that there is no point to any of this. Why live in misery when instead I could be peacefully not existing.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: chronicallybroken, Emmie, dirtnap and 5 others
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
For me i have learned that i only have me and that's so sad

There's probably some truth to the quote "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger", which may be applicable to us here as well - meaning that we are finding ourselves in circumstances that make us want to end our lives, but if we could overcome those circumstances, we may live for many years thereafter, since few things are this horrible - unless something even worse comes along.

• Informative
Reactions: JealousOfTheElderly, whatevs, outatime_85 and 1 other person
VirtualSnow

VirtualSnow

who knows
May 21, 2022
Similar to what OP said, but, the only person that's going to be there when you need it, no matter the circumstances, is you, so put yourself before anyone else.

• Hugs
Reactions: JealousOfTheElderly, whatevs, Un- and 1 other person
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
It has taught me that people who have good relationships are so blessed. I don't enjoy being alone anymore.

• Aww..
Reactions: Élégie, abyss, whatevs and 5 others
MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
No one is going to save you, you have to do that yourself.. It's a shame I don't think it's worth the effort anymore.

• Aww..
Reactions: Élégie, abyss, chronicallybroken and 8 others
Marine

Marine

*~ 絶対に 全てを取り戻させてもらう ~*
Jul 5, 2020
That I need to master proper alignment with what I want I think.

• Love
Reactions: Suicidebydeath, JealousOfTheElderly, hungry_ghost and 2 others
Sibyl Vane

Sibyl Vane

Experienced
May 28, 2022
There's no savior, and time waits for no one. The clock will keep ticking at the same pace whether you're ready for it or not.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Celerity, Élégie, JealousOfTheElderly and 6 others
O

outatime_85

Warlock
May 17, 2022
Even while I'm trying to cope with the darkness of my denial, anger, bargains I made, depression, loneliness, etc., I'm still learning.

I am learning to simply accept my life and the way I lived it and how it will end.

I am learning to not fear my death.

I am learning that I'll never find peace.

I am learning that I could survive all this, but I'll have no happy ending since I've got got nowhere to go and nothing to go back to.

Every day, I'm closer to accepting who I am, why I am this way, and how I got here.

All that said, the teachings won't stop for me; they will get darker, meaner, etc., but they're going to only end once I push that last chip forward and say "no more."

Until that time, me and the darkness are each other's company.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: hungry_ghost, Un-, MindFrog and 1 other person
FlaxFlower

FlaxFlower

Cheeto tiger
May 19, 2021
I have learned mostly to have more patience with others. Someone didn't come to this or that gathering, I chime in that they're probs too depressed to come hang out and that's ok. The cashier wasn't chipper enough you say, they're probably sitting at rock bottom right now and don't owe you a show. So and so doesn't text you regularly? That's a bummer but maybe they feel like they can't? I know how much I can't do when I am at my lowest low, and so I respectfully don't expect everyone to be on their 100 all of the time. I give others an out because I always want an out!

• Love
Reactions: Chinchilla, whatevs and hellispink
Un-

Un-

I'm a failure. An absolute waste. A LOSEr.
Apr 6, 2021
I think a lot of people here learned have this, as well.. That happiness is a privilege. Love is a privilege. A good life is a privilege. Privileges that not everyone has the benefit of having. Simply put, not everyone can, and will make it out..

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ginnn, Celerity, Élégie and 4 others
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
It's taught me that I cant rely on others to care abt me and theyre not gonna care abt me if I don't benefit them in some way or give them something in return. There's no such thing as unconditional love. The only person I can rely on to help me is myself bc everyone only cares abt themselves and if someone helps me, it's not bc they care abt me but bc it would benefit them in some way
And we shouldn't be bitter about it because most of us are the same. It's just how life works apparently. Transactional.

Last edited:
Reactions: Élégie, hellispink and nys
hungry_ghost

hungry_ghost

جهاد
Feb 21, 2022
You know, I probably wouldn't mind my loneliness if I just had my own space.

I've learned that I'm completely fine being on my own, being alone, and often prefer it.

It's just unbearable when you're lonely around people who suck the life out of you.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: Chinchilla, Élégie, outatime_85 and 4 others
Catloaf

Catloaf

disabled • slowly withering away 🍂
Aug 14, 2021
That I had always had the potential to become a strong person and not just when the shit hit the fan.

• Hugs
Reactions: hellispink
rainwillneverstop

rainwillneverstop

Global Mod | Serious Health Hazard
Jul 12, 2022
to shut the fuck up.

Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and JealousOfTheElderly
S

Suspect_Device

Student
Jul 10, 2022
I'm not lucky, I'm not special, and things can always get even worse than I thought they could.

• Informative
  • Aww..
Reactions: Celerity, hellispink, outatime_85 and 1 other person
AphidAttraction

AphidAttraction

Jul 21, 2022
I learned that not everyone is going to stick around in your life, even those that you love and felt like you were close

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ginnn, Celerity, MindFrog and 3 others
A

akana

Student
Mar 21, 2022
that i'm not meant for emotions or pain like this and i deserve a better life

Insomniac

Insomniac

𝔄 𝔲 𝔱 𝔦 𝔰 𝔪
May 21, 2021
I have learn that my brain can never conceive of the unimaginable pain that's to come. I can never prepare for disaster because it's always a trillion times worse that what I was expecting.

• Hugs
Reactions: Suicidebydeath and S like suicide
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
Pain.pain.pain.
It's all i got

• Hugs
Reactions: Suicidebydeath
L I F E T O L O S E

L I F E T O L O S E

only you can stop the evil
Sep 18, 2020
to feel full of hate and contempt.

WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
Self reliance is the most important thing a human being can have.

Reactions: dirtnap
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
Not always someone will come to save you

Reactions: Élégie, rationaltake and Jrmull1993
E

eve2004

DEAD YESTERDAY
Aug 17, 2019
No one gives a shit. When I CTB, people will be traumatized by death more than they will be sad about me.

Reactions: Élégie and Celerity
foreverfalling

foreverfalling

Experienced
Jul 22, 2022
People don't care about each other. I've stared at the abyss too long and I'll never be one of them that can believe otherwise. Lost all hope for the future.

Reactions: Élégie
narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
In the end, i only can trust in myself. Which is ironic as i don't trust in myself

Reactions: foreverfalling
hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
I honestly never wanted to be alone or lonely. I tried so hard all my life to get people to like me but I always got the opposite results. In the best case people would tollerate me for a bit but then would stop involving me in anything. I see friends from university go together in trips without inviting me. I see friends getting married and not inviting me. They are right to do so. I am too obsessive in discussion, if religion or politics pops up I tend to be very opinionated, not something you want during a wedding. I do not know how to function in this society, but I really did not want to end up like this, I really wanted to have friends, to receive from time to time a text or a call.