What do you think happens at death?

• Total voters
P

Pan

Paragon
Oct 24, 2019
I picked "don't know". I sense, however, that this life is not the only life.

Reactions: esse_est_percipi
B

Bustedhornet

Mar 21, 2020
I've given this a lot of thought but I think the answer to what happens after death is that it doesn't matter. Everyone is going to die, so who cares what happens afterwards. Whatever it is will be beyond the realms of what your mind can comprehend because you will no longer exist. And saying it will feel like how you felt before you existed is incorrect too because feeling is also a construct of our minds.

Reactions: thereandgone
P

Pan

Paragon
Oct 24, 2019
I would so much like to believe that we live again AS US, but like all faith-based interpretations of life, I simply can't commit, one way or another.

JigsawFeelin

JigsawFeelin

Student
May 31, 2020
I had a near death experience, and there's something. Though I was too frightened at the time to know whether it was good or bad

Reactions: Pan
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I can't help but think of the expression: "You don't have a soul. You ARE a soul. You have a body."

I think of the soul as being the essence of who we are. Yes, science can explain how we evolved to this, but what we're made of, and how our genes influence who we are, and how our environment and experiences influence us as well. But to me, it's not enough. I think while we're here we create something more than just atoms interacting in various ways to create different energies. There's something more that we can't quite put our fingers on. I think of that as the soul, and I like to imagine that it lives on in some way. Science states that energy is never lost or gained, just transferred. If our "soul" is some kind of energy, how does it continue to travel through the universe?

And so ends my late night philosophical ramblings. :tongue:

Reactions: Pan and esse_est_percipi
HappyMstake

HappyMstake

Not so happy as it turns out.
May 29, 2020
I picked eternal nothingness, mainly because that's what I want it to be. The end. If I successfully ctb and find out that I have to live for an eternity anyway imma be pissed..

Reactions: Partial-Elf
P

Pan

Paragon
Oct 24, 2019
Although I picked"don't know"I have an intuitive sense that we live again as us, forever. I base this as much on the Bhagavad Gita as anything else. NDE seems to point the way.
I had a near death experience, and there's something. Though I was too frightened at the time to know whether it was good or bad
Could you possibly elaborate on your nde? It would be appreciated, and help others,like myself.

Last edited:
ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
I wasn't sure how to respond. I can't say with one hundred percent certainty what actually happens when we die, but at the same time, I believe the idea that we simply cease to exist is the most likely scenario. I'm 80% nothingness. 20% okay, maaaybe something else happens.

JigsawFeelin

JigsawFeelin

Student
May 31, 2020
Although I picked"don't know"I have an intuitive sense that we live again as us, forever. I base this as much on the Bhagavad Gita as anything else. NDE seems to point the way.

Could you possibly elaborate on your nde? It would be appreciated, and help others,like myself.

I survived a hanging. I felt like I was spinning out of control, I couldn't see, but got the sense that had more to do with my fear than anything else. muffled noises, the sense of 'getting higher'.
I would be frightened of an eternity of *that*...I like to think it'd change into something with a narrative. I don't imagine it's anything like life but I can't bear the idea of it always being a plane I can't get atop, if that makes sense.
To sum it up my experience felt like I was on some weird concrete-like platform in a pitch black room

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
I don't buy NDE's for a second, they're just your brain vomiting before death. I also don't believe that psychedelic substances have any spiritual properties.

Basically, when you die you die, just as bacteria, ants, rhino's, dolphines, zebra's etc die. Do you think ants float off into the spirit realm when they die? Nah, and neither do hairless apes (humans).

W3akCr3atur3

W3akCr3atur3

Empty and hollow
Aug 3, 2020
Eternal nothingness that you can't even imagine, like before you were born

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I don't buy NDE's for a second, they're just your brain vomiting before death. I also don't believe that psychedelic substances have any spiritual properties.

Basically, when you die you die, just as bacteria, ants, rhino's, dolphines, zebra's etc die. Do you think ants float off into the spirit realm when they die? Nah, and neither do hairless apes (humans).
Yes, I think NDE's are invalid as a source of information because by definition they are not after death experiences.
The people who have them never actually die, and if they did die, they would never be able to tell us about them.
However, I don't completely rule out something after death, even for animals, or anything with some level of conscious awareness.
Reality could be stranger than we could ever imagine.

C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
Im going to HELL and if there isn't one ....... they'll definitely make one after i CTB!