• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

beatlegirl

beatlegirl

Beatles Fact Machine
Jan 18, 2020
Honestly it's pretty stupid. But when I'm baked listening to music with headphones on sometimes I can fantasize about my fantasy world and cope with my existence for a few seconds at a time.
That doesn't sound stupid to me at all. What a lovely way of just drifting off to your dream world. :heart: x

ScornedStoic

ScornedStoic

Fated
Jan 17, 2020
That doesn't sound stupid to me at all. What a lovely way of just drifting off to your dream world. :heart: x
Thanks. It feels pretty lame and pathetic to me but it helps to imagine myself somewhere else.

beatlegirl

beatlegirl

Beatles Fact Machine
Jan 18, 2020
Life can be so heavy at times. Like George Harrison sung " Some things take so long, but how do I explain, when not too many people can see we're all the same" Isn't it a Pity (1970)

I am glad to hear you guys have things to keep you busy from these destructive thoughts. I am still looking for something. I've had no energy lately. :heart:

Maybe one day I'll reach your strength. Keep fighting the big fight, lovelies.

x

ScornedStoic

ScornedStoic

Fated
Jan 17, 2020
Life can be so heavy at times. Like George Harrison sung " Some things take so long, but how do I explain, when not too many people can see we're all the same" Isn't it a Pity (1970)

I am glad to hear you guys have things to keep you busy from these destructive thoughts. I am still looking for something. I've had no energy lately. :heart:

Maybe one day I'll reach your strength. Keep fighting the big fight, lovelies.

x
Believe me, I'm not strong anymore.

I don't really have any real strategies, mostly just mental gymnastics to bottle everything up. Push it down. Push it dooown.

• Hugs
Reactions: beatlegirl
MysticPerception

MysticPerception

I'm back and I'll still smile for you
Dec 31, 2019
Playing a sad song I love that I have equated with a sad situation that has nothing to do with me personally is a helpful escape. If I can't listen to music or do anything and I'm just trapped with my thoughts I find thinking about things I want to do in a perfect scenario helps calm me down.

BabyYoda

BabyYoda

F*ck this sh!t I'm out
Dec 30, 2019
Listening to some random music on Youtube. It doesn't have to be the ones I always listen to.

• Love
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
For me, it's writing. I think the trick is to do something which is difficult and requires your full attention, be it drawing, painting, playing instruments, sports, dancing, martial arts, chess, knitting, handicraft, or something completely different. If you suck at it, it's even better, because then you have to concentrate even harder. That way, your ever-worrying mind will get som well deserved rest.

beatlegirl

beatlegirl

Beatles Fact Machine
Jan 18, 2020
For me, it's writing. I think the trick is to do something which is difficult and requires your full attention, be it drawing, painting, playing instruments, sports, dancing, martial arts, chess, knitting, handicraft, or something completely different. If you suck at it, it's even better, because then you have to concentrate even harder. That way, your ever-worrying mind will get som well deserved rest.
That sounds a great idea. What type of writing do you do? Prose and poems? Short stories?

I've yet to find something that I can invest myself in. I always find myself so intimidated by people much more better than me at that, bad habit. I know... x

Thereisnothing

Thereisnothing

Enlightened
Jan 4, 2020
Up until my dad passed, I had things to try and cope and ease my mind. Now there is nothing............feel like am just totally lost and nothing eases me not for a second.

• Hugs
Reactions: DepressedAngel
beatlegirl

beatlegirl

Beatles Fact Machine
Jan 18, 2020
Up until my dad passed, I had things to try and cope and ease my mind. Now there is nothing............feel like am just totally lost and nothing eases me not for a second.
I'm so sorry for your loss. The heartbreak of losing a loved one is not an "easy" one to ease. I have also struggled with not feeling any sense of relief since I lost my loved one.

Maybe one day the day will come, where we can find something to take joy in.:heart:

x

DepressedAngel

DepressedAngel

Life is exhausting
Dec 4, 2019
Listening to and playing music, long car rides, watching my dog sleep and baking.

• Love
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
That sounds a great idea. What type of writing do you do? Prose and poems? Short stories?

Mostly non-fiction, but I'm working on a novel right now. I've written some poetry, but it's not really my cup of tea.

I've yet to find something that I can invest myself in. I always find myself so intimidated by people much more better than me at that, bad habit. I know... x

That is indeed a bad habit. :wink: The trick is to forget about other people and just do it for your own sake.

J

JoeFailure

Mage
Apr 29, 2019
CBD oil and sand volleyball, and sometimes volunteering with special olympics and with kids in general. At least for a little while you can join them in just being concerned about how much time you have left to play outside or something silly like that.

Reactions: azucaramargo