• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

J

Johnjohn1

Student
Nov 7, 2020
I suffered a severe adverse reaction to Levaquin, a powerful antibiotic that damaged my nerves and tendons resulting in 24/7 severe neuropathy. I also have some central nervous system damage from the antibiotic and have Lyme disease as well.

I am Catholic and I'm scared about committing suicide. I have heard and read that the Bible says that it is an unforgivable sin to commit suicide. But I also read somewhere where it's not entirely true and that the Bible is somewhat ambiguous on this subject. I don't think God would expect somebody in my shoes to keep going on day after day. I am scared though of going to hell possibly. Are there any biblical people here that could provide some comfort? I would appreciate it! I hope God is merciful for us as we all have some major life challenges here in this group. Thank you.

Last edited:
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
The bible says nothing about suicide
I agree. As someone who has been to church in the past and has read the Bible before (I am an atheist), I found no evidence strictly forbidding suicide in the Bible. In fact, there are stories of people who have CTB'd, not limited to the story of Judas, but other Biblical figures too. I believe it is the Roman Catholic Church in it's past that decreed suicide to be a 'sin' and made it an immoral act.

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Religion condemns suicide, but I'm not sure the bible does. There are a lot of people in it who kill themselves, but I never really cared enough to research how well that was received.

I read this once, but I can't say how accurate it is. You'll need to fact check it yourself.

Reactions: foxdie
Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
I've read the Bible a few times over. The Bible was translated by men for their purposes. Hell I've never been baptized. Depending on several religions I should go to hell for that anyways. My own cults I was raised in, death in general you just blink out of existence. Unless you are one of the faithful to be resurrected to a paradise earth (eye roll). I've even read the satanic Bible. There's nothing in there either.