eiyuu

eiyuu

i am a hero
Jan 24, 2020
Seen similar threads about this and wanted to pop in my own opinion–

So, what do you think happens when we pass away, and what do you WANT to happen when we pass away.

Personally I think there's just nothingness once we die. Ideally, however, I think if there is something after death it's tailored uniquely to each individual. If you have spotify I recommend checking out Decoding Death Podcast. Really fascinating stuff about NDE's!

• Love
Reactions: purplesmoothie, lostangel, HappyMstake and 6 others
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
What I believe:
brain death the end
or the energy alter into another form.

What I want:
Eternal peace and oblivion
or roam freely as a spirit, go where i want.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: bloomingdark, voidman, Theodora and 8 others
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
I want it to be just like before I was born: nothing. No body, no feelings, no more bullshit.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: AprilsBlessings, Rn110bg101, Lostandlooking and 10 others
Ardesevent

Ardesevent

It’s the end of the line, cowboy
Feb 2, 2020
Eternal nothingness sounds nice.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Rn110bg101, shush, SBunnyAn and 8 others
nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
One way or another, I just want to rest.

Intellectually, I know it's probably just nothingness but deep down, I hope it's like dreaming. Kind of weird and hazy and magical and your memory's all messed up so it never gets boring.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: BandAddict, Buffy5120, shush and 6 others
BlackCatTalk

BlackCatTalk

StrayCat
Apr 28, 2019
I want to see my mom and my diga and hug them all!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Buffy5120, Joarga, Deleted member 4993 and 3 others
E

everydayiloveyou

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2020
I believe in God and Heaven. So I hope I go to Heaven and experience true happiness by finally reuniting with God. And I hope I have friends and a puppy in Heaven, that I have confidence and can spend all day drawing and listening to music, etc. All while keeping up with the stuff happening on Earth that's related to my hobbies and my family. Like watching new episodes of my favorite show and my sister's wedding and such. All that good stuff.

But realistically I know death is just like before we were born. It's just nothingness, and we have no awareness or perception of it. Doesn't sound so fun tbh, but it's better than the suffering of life.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Buffy5120, Rn110bg101, Theodora and 5 others
Infinite Conscious

Infinite Conscious

Experienced
Aug 18, 2020
What I believe: Eventual reincarnation, but no so fast for us who "break" the body... Some form of punishment for "playing God" and ending own life. It's all about infinite consciousness having a human experience and learning and evolving through emotions - love and suffering. We all have lessons in these lifetimes, and by committing suicide we by all means fail and have to go through the same, even worse, shit again.

What I want and hope for: nothingness.

• Love
Reactions: eiyuu and sadworld
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Is it bad if I either want people to cry and be really broken up about it or for everyone to actually be super relieved and happy about it? No in-between. Either they have to hate everything about it or just be glad it's finally over...

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ming, KleinerWolf, eiyuu and 2 others
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
What I believe: Eventual reincarnation, but no so fast for us who "break" the body... Some form of punishment for "playing God" and ending own life. It's all about infinite consciousness having a human experience and learning and evolving through emotions - love and suffering. We all have lessons in these lifetimes, and by committing suicide we by all means fail and have to go through the same, even worse, shit again.

That would be fucking garbage.

Reactions: LONE WOLF., ming, voidman and 5 others
Literalgarbage

Literalgarbage

Sep 10, 2020
Seen similar threads about this and wanted to pop in my own opinion–

So, what do you think happens when we pass away, and what do you WANT to happen when we pass away.

Personally I think there's just nothingness once we die. Ideally, however, I think if there is something after death it's tailored uniquely to each individual. If you have spotify I recommend checking out Decoding Death Podcast. Really fascinating stuff about NDE's!

I want my family to just let go and let them know its not there fault, i didn't belong her so its my choice to take myself out but i can't try to ctb cause i think about my family.

I want them to be sad for a few days and then forget about it and go on with their lives.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: RedRed, KleinerWolf, Deleted member 4993 and 2 others
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
I also think it's just nothingness, which is a good thing tho.
I think some kind of afterlife would be nice too, but only if it's peaceful and beautiful. But i am 100% satisfied with nothingness.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, eiyuu and (deleted member)
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Some form of punishment for "playing God" and ending own life.
who would do the 'punishing'?
and why is it 'playing god' to make a choice to end one's own life because of suffering?
This theory about 'learning' and having to experience suffering sounds like a form of torture.
and why would this infinite consciousness need to learn anything, since it's infinite?

It sounds to me like you've subconsciously spiritualized and sublimated the parent-child relationship, where a parent (god) punishes a child for not 'learning properly' and doing as they're told.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rn110bg101, Xocoyotziin and KleinerWolf
O

Okami

Student
Mar 16, 2018
For me personally, I'd like people's experiences after death to match whatever they want it to be. I'd be fine with nothingness, some form of heaven, or limited reincarnation. Just really anything that doesn't involve eternal suffering.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Rn110bg101, canihavepeaceforonce, Xocoyotziin and 2 others
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
I want nothing.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Rn110bg101, canihavepeaceforonce, TheSomebody and 2 others
K

kingsclear

Oct 4, 2020
When the human brain dies, it takes your memories and thoughts with it. Fade to black just like the end of a movie. However, as your brain is dying, it released a bunch of chemicals as part of its defense. These chemicals cause pleasant hallucinations which are based on your belief system and your life experiences. This is what NDE is all about. It's not real. When you're dead you're dead...it's that simple.

• Love
Reactions: Rn110bg101, TheSomebody, KleinerWolf and 1 other person
sadgirl2002

sadgirl2002

Fallen Angel
Apr 9, 2019
I want nothingness :heart:

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: eiyuu and KleinerWolf
H

Heart Shards

The shards of my broken heart cut deep.
Feb 3, 2019
I want to go to a place where I have no more pain, where I belong, and where I receive the love I never received on this planet. I hope my faith will lead me there.

• Love
Reactions: eiyuu, Rn110bg101, disabledandhopeless and 2 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
This may sound strange but I just want to start again. However many goes it takes to get it right. That's because I don't really want to die I want to go back in time but I'd rather die than wish for that for the rest of my life. If there's nothing I'll never know so it won't matter.

• Love
Reactions: eiyuu, Rn110bg101, watsonsmith and 2 others
Xocoyotziin

Xocoyotziin

Scorpion
Sep 5, 2020
What I really want is to wake up in some kind of post-scarcity space utopia and have this all be a really elaborate dream I had for some reason.

• Love
Reactions: eiyuu, EssenceFocus, Rn110bg101 and 2 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
What I really want is to wake up in some kind of post-scarcity space utopia and have this all be a really elaborate dream I had for some reason.
I want to wake up in the past and this has all been a nightmare. A warning of what's to come if I don't act. If I can't have that I'd rather not wake up at all

Reactions: Xocoyotziin
TheSomebody

TheSomebody

Sep 28, 2020

What I want and hope for: nothingness.

I would Just kill myself, over and over again, until god or whatever It was supposed to be give up on me and let me rest.

Reactions: Rn110bg101, Deleted member 4993 and Xocoyotziin
Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
To wake up from a simulation and realize that it was all an experiment to see who was smart enough to bow out!...

Just kidding, probably nothingness and sleep.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: eiyuu, Rn110bg101 and Xocoyotziin
N

NeverGrowUp

Oct 2, 2020
It's so difficult for the human brain to rationalize nonexistence, which is why I think we created fairytales to cope.
Logically nothing comes afterwards, but it is so mind boggling for me to comprehend "drink this and you disappear" like... what?? It's so hard to wrap your head around.

Personally (probably due to trauma) I am honestly going to pretend I'm going to Neverland, where I stay a kid forever and all my friends visit me and we just roam around the island having fun. That sounds beautiful to me.

• Love
Reactions: eiyuu, Rn110bg101, Mr2005 and 1 other person
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
When the human brain dies, it takes your memories and thoughts with it. Fade to black just like the end of a movie. However, as your brain is dying, it released a bunch of chemicals as part of its defense. These chemicals cause pleasant hallucinations which are based on your belief system and your life experiences. This is what NDE is all about. It's not real. When you're dead you're dead...it's that simple.
NDE's are not experiences of death.
No one knows what happens to consciousness after the death of the body.
No one even knows what consciousness is.

Reactions: TheSomebody and Xocoyotziin
_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
There was a void before we were born, I would hope that I return back to that peaceful void.

• Love
Reactions: eiyuu and NeverGrowUp
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Logically nothing comes afterwards
Nothing is not a 'thing', by definition. Therefore it cannot come after death, since only something can follow another thing.
Logically, consciousness would have to continue in some form.
If consciousness is something material, then you would be correct, because atoms are indestructible( and im not sure). But since it is immaterial thing, ur logic does not apply. Think of consciousness as an OS and the body as hardware. You format your hard driver and the OS and all the files( which would be the memory) simply disappear forever.
It all depends on what you mean by 'material' and 'immaterial'.
Things get complicated and uncertain when you get down to the fundamental physics.
If your hardware analogy is accurate then you'd be correct.
But perhaps consciousness is more like electromagnetic radio waves, and the body is a radio which converts the waves to mechanical vibrations so they can be heard. When the radio breaks, the radio waves still go on existing.

Last edited:
Reactions: BandAddict
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
To be reborn, life shouldnt be like this, and people who are born a certain way deserve a shot at happiness. If not I at least hope to go to a place where people who feel and live like I do exist. Your consciousness goes out, your eyes dim and then you awaken with strangers all around you, excited to see you, welcoming you into the group and you don't feel any pain or fear, just bliss.

Attachments

• feis.jpg
    feis.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Love
Reactions: eiyuu, Rn110bg101, searchingfreedom and 1 other person
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Nothing is not a 'thing', by definition. Therefore it cannot come after death, since only something can follow another thing.
Logically, consciousness would have to continue in some form.
This is honestly my biggest concern. There isn't anything in our known universe that turns into nothing, since it isn't possible... Every aspect of the universe shifts into a different thing when it expires. Why would consciousness work so uniquely different. I would love to believe there is nothing after death, but nothing doesn't exist.

Reactions: EssenceFocus and lostangel