Pisceslilith

Pisceslilith

Student
Aug 19, 2019
How do you seem them?, has your perception of them changed? I want to talk to somebody about something but I don't think anyone would understand. I'm in odd spot and it's so uncomfortable.

Latios

Latios

Experienced
Nov 22, 2020
Resent them for bringing me to this shithole of a planet. :(

• Love
Reactions: nopointreally, GarageKarate07, LeGuitarist and 6 others
Deathbydemo

Deathbydemo

Mage
Feb 15, 2020
I'm here if you want to talk. No judgement.

Reactions: Pisceslilith and LittleBabyNothing
LakatosDiogenesz

LakatosDiogenesz

I can tie a noose with my eyes closed
Nov 21, 2020
They were brainwashed by society into having children, I can't blame them for it despite how much I wish they had found something better to do.
Misguided would be the word for it.

Reactions: souljah222, AMG44, gtrfvr and 1 other person
nolongerhuman

nolongerhuman

Arcanist
Feb 9, 2021
My parents are not your parents and whatever you feel about yours are valid if you want to share.

My father is my best friend. My mother is trying to be better but honestly I'll never forget some of the things she said and did to me.

Reactions: gtrfvr and Pisceslilith
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
My dad is the best human being I know. If he wasn't my dad I would still think the same.

My mum well, she's ill. She suffers from schizophrenia and is literally a monster sometimes. I guess I hate and love her at the same time.

• Love
Reactions: gus.nixon and Pisceslilith
Pisceslilith

Pisceslilith

Student
Aug 19, 2019
My parents are not your parents and whatever you feel about yours are valid if you want to share.

My father is my best friend. My mother is trying to be better but honestly I'll never forget some of the things she said and did to me.
I understand, I was just asking to see if someone has a similar background to mine and thanks, I appreciate it.
I'm here if you want to talk. No judgement.
Thanks, I really appreciate it.
My dad is the best human being I know. If he wasn't my dad I would still think the same.

My mum well, she's ill. She suffers from schizophrenia and is literally a monster sometimes. I guess I hate and love her at the same time.
I'm really sorry about that. I hope you're doing okay.

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
It changes from time to time. That's all I'm gonna say.

Reactions: Pisceslilith
Pisceslilith

Pisceslilith

Student
Aug 19, 2019

Nothing has happened recently with my parent, besides them disregarding a boundary no matter how much I try to explain to them, that when they mention a certain person that it's really triggering. I'm starting to realize that as I get older the more uncomfortable I am around them. I just look at them differently compared to when I was younger. I know the reason I feel this way is because my childhood/teen years but I can't pin point every "bad" thing because of memory gaps. I feel really bad because it's like nothing ever happened by the way that they're acting, I feel like I'm just not valid in the way that I am feeling. I can't help but feel bad because I was taught that no matter what it's your blood so you should kind of "get over it" but It's hard when it affects your mental health and it's the reason why you're having the symptoms you're having. And I feel bad because I'm still basically leeching off of them, they pay for everything, I was kind of hoping to get out by the age of 18 but I'm 19 now. Some will say it was the case that they're supposed to take care of you, so on and so on, but now that's no longer the case cause I'm legally an adult now. I'm sorry that this is long, I'm just venting but thanks for taking your time out and listening. I don't know how to feel or what to do.

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
I feel bad because I'm still basically leeching off of them, they pay for everything, I was kind of hoping to get out by the age of 18 but I'm 19 now. Some will say it was the case that they're supposed to take care of you, so on and so on, but now that's no longer the case cause I'm legally an adult now.
If they're continuing to give you money then they're as responsible for the situation you're in as you are. If they're providing a way for you to live with ease then it makes sense that you have little motivation to go out and make money and a life for yourself. In other words they are allowing you to remain dependent on them.

It sounds like you need to talk to them about what it is you want for your future and wanting to become more independent from them, financially and otherwise.

Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
My parents are both worthless idiots. One's a violent narcissist, the other's a feminazi who can't be fucked lifting a finger to do anything that could help me.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, charcoalcat, GarageKarate07 and 2 others
RedHarlequin

RedHarlequin

Mage
Jul 8, 2018
They did their best, at the time my brother was born they were youg ( around 18) and they had screwed priorities.
With that being sad I don't blame them. Dont want to trivialize the trauma
Nowadays my relaioubship with her has less and less,
I don't want to harm them but depression is something affects everyone around.

• Hugs
Reactions: LittleBabyNothing
B

Bensharp

Mar 18, 2021
Best parent ever, sorry have got 99 problems but my parents aren't one.

• Yay!
  • Wow
Reactions: Nigh, lofticries and RedHarlequin
C

Canttakeitanymore

Student
Feb 11, 2021
My mother is annoying my father is disgusting

Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
Lost my Mom when I was 8. Both my Dad and Step Mom are caring loving parents and want the best for me.

• Love
Reactions: GarageKarate07
W’ren

W’ren

Worthless
Oct 28, 2020
My parents are great now, not so much growing up.
Things were downright nasty, mainly from mum, growing up- to the point i had to leave. (I was kicked out due to my mental illness but i was so happy to get away from that toxic environment).
They are now wonderful supports.. even though they are sometimes selfish and don't always understand...
It's mixed up now because i remember some things and mum's like "i never did that/said that!" She won't take responsibility until someone else says she did/said it too. SO frustrating.

Parents.... like i said, mine are great now BUT...

• Hugs
Reactions: LittleBabyNothing, Pisceslilith and Joey
S

Some1's_Wasted_Fetus

Student
Mar 20, 2021
My relationship was complicated growing up. I still loved them as a child despite how cruel and nasty they were to me growing up. A lot of the problems I have with insecurities and distrusting people stem from the way they raised me. They were so afraid of the outside world that they kept me inside all the time except for school. Watched everything I did and monitored everything. Definitely dampened any childhood relationships I had, my ability to trust others, and delayed my social development. They expect so much from me and expect me to be this perfect person who brings in the bread and takes care of the whole family. Because they are insecure about their own failures, they want to show the rest of my family the "successful" son they raised. It's ironic to me that they put all the eggs in one basket with me despite the fact that I'm gonna be gone soon.

I told them I don't care about being what they want me to be anymore. They're more concerned that I won't be able to take care of them and the family once they retire if I have a dead end job. I don't care anymore. Not my fault my father didn't consider the repercussions of having children at 50 (having to delay retirement). Their fault for believing that having me would magically solve all their problems and fill whatever emptiness they felt inside. I never asked to be placed into this world. Never got to choose what family or race I was born into. I don't owe anyone anything

Reactions: SueySide and Pisceslilith
Swampy

Swampy

Antinatalist
Mar 7, 2021
My dad's OK. The only thing I hate about him is that he was stupid enough to ever marry my mother.My mom is a narcissistic Karen bitch. She thinks of her children as possessions that only exist to serve and benefit her. Instead of other human beings who also have lives. She harasses my dad/sisters/me relentlessly over any little minor inconveniences that we cause her. Yet she expects us to to respond to her every whim and wish. If we don't she says we're abusing her. She was never fit to have kids. As an antinatalist I am in anguish over the fact I that I only have to exist and suffer because this witch wanted babies.

T

TessB

Warlock
Oct 13, 2020
They should never have been allowed to have children.

• Love
Reactions: sparkie, charcoalcat, GarageKarate07 and 2 others
gus.nixon

gus.nixon

and now we rise and we are everywhere
Apr 19, 2020
I have a friend whose mom is terribly sick and it's tearing her apart and this saddens me because I do not understand that kind of level of affection for one's parents. If I'm still around when each of my parents passes, I won't feel anything other than relief.

DownfallEnlightened

DownfallEnlightened

Mar 14, 2021
How do you seem them?, has your perception of them changed? I want to talk to somebody about something but I don't think anyone would understand. I'm in odd spot and it's so uncomfortable.
quite autistic and ocd also bipolar and depressed. dont feel love or attachment to them most of the time. but think about them as people thats always there like definate friends. felt nothing but confusion when grandparents died.

Sslsh

Sslsh

Experienced
Jan 29, 2020
Their "unconditional love" is only because I carry their genes, and they are genetically programmed to "safeguard" their progeny. So any "pain" they suffer because of my ctb is on them. They could have avoided this by raising me better. Or by not procreating at all. Why should I suffer in existence just so that they could keep showing me off as some kind of a trophy.

Y

Yiyo123

Apr 24, 2020
I love my parents. They are old right now. What I don't like about then is that they don't believe that i'm autistic (Asperger syndrome). They also tend to ignore my mental health conditions , specially my major depression disorder, PTSD and psychosis. It gets so bad and I can't really count on them for emotional support. So I considered myself a burden not only to them, but to everyone that surrounds me. It's not easy to live like this. My father was verbally abusive to me, my mother and brothers. I never recovered from his behavior towards me. So I supressed it for years and it was worse, a big mistake. This combined with the way I was mistreated at work... it really fucked me up.

I blame them both, for not being there when I needed them the most. But they are my parents and I loved them. One of my brothers is kind of supportive. The other one doesn't care.

So I decided to give up on life. I really don't care anymore. No friends, family that does not give a shit about you and the scars of emotional pain that I endured for years. I want to CTB, but my family hates my wife (which is the only thing that's holding me back). I want to left her a place to live before I die and I'm working on it.

Tired of the meds, the therapies, beign ignored, beign afraid, feel like a failure... I simply hate my life. I wish I was never been born. Sorry for venting...

LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
My adoptive parents threw me to the wolves 30 odd years ago, l hate and despise them and hope they burn in hell on a spitroast for all eternity! They deserve nothing less!

• Hugs
Reactions: Nigh, GenesAndEnvironment and Pisceslilith
Pisceslilith

Pisceslilith

Student
Aug 19, 2019
I love my parents. They are old right now. What I don't like about then is that they don't believe that i'm autistic (Asperger syndrome). They also tend to ignore my mental health conditions , specially my major depression disorder, PTSD and psychosis. It gets so bad and I can't really count on them for emotional support. So I considered myself a burden not only to them, but to everyone that surrounds me. It's not easy to live like this. My father was verbally abusive to me, my mother and brothers. I never recovered from his behavior towards me. So I supressed it for years and it was worse, a big mistake. This combined with the way I was mistreated at work... it really fucked me up.

I blame them both, for not being there when I needed them the most. But they are my parents and I loved them. One of my brothers is kind of supportive. The other one doesn't care.

So I decided to give up on life. I really don't care anymore. No friends, family that does not give a shit about you and the scars of emotional pain that I endured for years. I want to CTB, but my family hates my wife (which is the only thing that's holding me back). I want to left her a place to live before I die and I'm working on it.

Tired of the meds, the therapies, beign ignored, beign afraid, feel like a failure... I simply hate my life. I wish I was never been born. Sorry for venting...
Kind of the same for me, not much emotional support but I'm at that point again where I just don't care what kind of "support" I get, I just want to get it over with and end it. I'm sorry about your situation. I wish you the best bud.

• Love
Reactions: Yiyo123