• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
A while ago on the antinatalism subreddit I saw this picture that talks about the costs of suicide:

Costofs

After seeing this picture, I got to the conclusion that we are just mere tools, mere slaves for the economy and nothing else matters. Just muh profit for our owners. We are just government property. This is why assisted suicide isn't largely available.

There's also this Dutch article where it basically says that: Dutch suicide prevention helpline 113 calculates it would cost society 2,8 million if someone kills themselves, because of how much taxes this person could've paid.

Maybe someone who speaks Dutch on here can tell more about what's written in there, but that's the summary.

What are your thoughts?

S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
I've got to say, that claim for the cost of a single suicide is ridiculous. I can't agree with factoring loss of productivity into the cost of a suicide. If they were depressed or sick and off work they would still have the same cost deficit. More even, if they were given state benefits. Next they'll be moaning about people aging because of the lost mobility/ability costing money. If a child dies could you attribute their loss of potential as a finacial cost? It's simply stupid and highly selective to attribute an arbitrary number like that. Not to mention that if somebody leaves the work force for any reason they are replaced by somebody else so there really is no defecit. It really is telling of the mindset of the writers and commisioners of that 'study'.

Last edited:
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
Interesting. I'm old and they won't even let me go. Lost taxes and lost income also mean lost consumption. And boy do some older people consume!

But what about the savings in not taking up resources? Ecowarriors should be supporting people who want to ctb for reducing the carbon footprint of the planet.

TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
I'vw got to say, that claim for the cost of a single suicide is ridiculous. I can't agree with factoring loss of productivity into the cost of a suicide. If they were depressed or sick and off work they would still have the same cost deficit. Also if they died of natural causes. If a child dies could you attribute their loss of potential as a finacial cost? It's simply stupid and highly selective to attribute an arbitrary number like that. It really is telling of the mindset of the writers and commisioners of that 'study'.
A child can't work.

And even so, then why isn't euthanasia made available on a large scale everywhere?

S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
A child can't work.

And even so, then why isn't euthanasia made available on a large scale everywhere?
A child can't work when they're a child but they grow into a working adult. I was pointing out the ridiculous nature of the claim of lost productivity. A child has potential for productivity.

I' m not sure what you're getting at with your question regarding the availability of euthanasia. You may need to explain further.

I suspect you think I'm disagreeing with your original post in some way. That's not the case. If anything I'm upholding it.

Last edited:
TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
A child can't work when they're a child but they grow into a working adult. I was pointing out the ridiculous nature od the claim of lost productivity. A child has potential for productivity.

I' m not sure what you're getting at with youe question regarding the availability of euthanasia.

I suspect you think I'm disagreeing with your original post in somw way. That's not the case. If anything Ivm upholding it.
no, no just asking. if the numbers are much less, and the loss isn't as big then why they don't let those who wanna go in a peaceful and painless way? you'd say it wouldn't be a big loss because people die of natural causes all the time after all.

S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Ah ok. Well there's a load of reasons. It is available in some countries but I think the major factor is the backlash from the public.

Last edited:
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
I mean there's an argument for euthanasia as a benefit to the world right now. We're over poulated. Some would say under resourced however there are plenty resources for everyone but people are greedy and selfish. The fact that there are still people living in poverty is insane.

Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
Wow! We save a whole $2.50 by preventing suicides! Good job everyone give yourselves a pat on the back and a round of applause!/s All seriousness the majority only care about keeping the machine rolling on minimum wage slave labor, they don't give a damn about how we feel or suffer so long if we keep working for them they'll gladly spit on the lot of us and tell us to get back to work.