• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

musicislife

Student
Jun 15, 2018
I walked past a car park today and looked up to the highest section and it seems it would be rather quick falling - you die six seconds before smashing into the concrete as your brain works behind time so you really wouldn't feel it , unless you survive then thats pretty shitty!!! I couldn't imagine what it looks like looking down though as terrified of heights goddammit !!!

Google images the 'The Most Beautiful Suicide' ........ thats how I would like to go out body looks intact although once gathered together really would just be mishmash

YaYaDr

YaYaDr

Student
Jun 26, 2018
If you jump from a high enough location, you'd probably not feel physical pain when hitting the ground. Death would be too quick, like cutting off one's head. The mental torment before and while jumping though is a completely different story. If you have an overactive imagination, I'd advise against this method.

LookMomImFlying

LookMomImFlying

Apr 23, 2018
You wouldn't feel a thing from 200+ feet. From 400+ feet, your body will pretty much splatter. Search "9/11 jumpers" on Youtube. The people who survived the initial plane crashes into the building before they collapsed were trapped and being absolutely tortured by 2000 degree F heat and unthinkable smoke. Basically they were cooking alive; the floors were like walking on an electric stove. So about 300 people jumped from the World Trade Centers to die quickly versus slowly. The distance to the ground was 900+ feet from the 88th floor or higher and they reached terminal velocity and fell for like 10-12 seconds. The images of their bodies upon impact on the ground look like a bug that exploded on your windshield when you're driving down the highway.

Moral of the story: jump from at least 200 feet onto concrete or any other hard surface, and you won't feel a thing, no matter how you land. I wouldn't even try it from anything lower than that. Trust me, I've studied every facet of jumping into both water and on surface because I'll be doing it within weeks. I want quick and painless; and I found the perfect bridge.

Volatile

Volatile

God
Jun 18, 2018
I walked past a car park today and looked up to the highest section and it seems it would be rather quick falling - you die six seconds before smashing into the concrete as your brain works behind time so you really wouldn't feel it , unless you survive then thats pretty shitty!!! I couldn't imagine what it looks like looking down though as terrified of heights goddammit !!!

Google images the 'The Most Beautiful Suicide' ........ thats how I would like to go out body looks intact although once gathered together really would just be mishmash

Brain doesn't work in real time?

Reactions: dano6533
G

goggleboxers

Student
May 24, 2018
Just imagining falling from a building like this fills me with dread - yeh I know this is 9/11 and they had zero choice but heights get me. Only this week in the UK did we have three more fatalities at Beachy Head, a notorious jumpers spot onto rocks below ..... some people (apart from the 9/11's) must survive their jumps, its happened on the San Francisco bridge, I couldn't imagine lying there injured knowing no-one is coming to help you as you linger to your death!!

Attachments

• wtc16.jpg
    wtc16.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 55
LookMomImFlying

LookMomImFlying

Apr 23, 2018
some people (apart from the 9/11's) must survive their jumps, its happened on the San Francisco bridge, I couldn't imagine lying there injured knowing no-one is coming to help you as you linger to your death!!

That's exactly why I won't do it into water. The Golden Gate Bridge is 95% effective (and only about 200 miles from where I live), but its only about 200 feet and landing in water just creates too many factors for survival. There's really no way to control your fall from that height, but if you somehow enter the water feet-first, there is a decent chance of survival. You'll still break all your ribs, but there's just too much margin for error.

There was a woman in the 1990s this happen too. She survived the initial jump because she got "lucky" and hit the water feet-first. She came to the surface, but was then pulled back under by a shark and eaten. That would be my luck; survive the initial jump and be in excruciating pain, only to be eaten by a hungry fish. Fuck that. That's why jumping into water is completely out of the question for me. Now if you belly-flop from that height, no worries. You'll be dead upon impact.

Volatile

Volatile

God
Jun 18, 2018
You wouldn't feel a thing from 200+ feet. From 400+ feet, your body will pretty much splatter. Search "9/11 jumpers" on Youtube. The people who survived the initial plane crashes into the building before they collapsed were trapped and being absolutely tortured by 2000 degree F heat and unthinkable smoke. Basically they were cooking alive; the floors were like walking on an electric stove. So about 300 people jumped from the World Trade Centers to die quickly versus slowly. The distance to the ground was 900+ feet from the 88th floor or higher and they reached terminal velocity and fell for like 10-12 seconds. The images of their bodies upon impact on the ground look like a bug that exploded on your windshield when you're driving down the highway.

Moral of the story: jump from at least 200 feet onto concrete or any other hard surface, and you won't feel a thing, no matter how you land. I wouldn't even try it from anything lower than that. Trust me, I've studied every facet of jumping into both water and on surface because I'll be doing it within weeks. I want quick and painless; and I found the perfect bridge.
That's exactly why I won't do it into water. The Golden Gate Bridge is 95% effective (and only about 200 miles from where I live), but its only about 200 feet and landing in water just creates too many factors for survival. There's really no way to control your fall from that height, but if you somehow enter the water feet-first, there is a decent chance of survival. You'll still break all your ribs, but there's just too much margin for error.

There was a woman in the 1990s this happen too. She survived the initial jump because she got "lucky" and hit the water feet-first. She came to the surface, but was then pulled back under by a shark and eaten. That would be my luck; survive the initial jump and be in excruciating pain, only to be eaten by a hungry fish. Fuck that. That's why jumping into water is completely out of the question for me. Now if you belly-flop from that height, no worries. You'll be dead upon impact.

How do people get access to the roofs of tall buildings?

Do you think jumping is better than partial suspension hanging? Why or why not?

LookMomImFlying

LookMomImFlying

Apr 23, 2018
How do people get access to the roofs of tall buildings?

Do you think jumping is better than partial suspension hanging? Why or why not?

I don't know what suspension hanging is. But after reading a member of this forum tried to hang themselves and had the ability to stop it a few seconds into the process, hanging of any sort is out of the question for me.

Jumping from high enough (200+ feet) and landing on hard surface essentially breaks all your ribs, dislodges your heart, and bounces/smashes your brain around your skull; all at once. There are two things at work there: 1) the shock from all that would shut down consciousness instantaneously so you won't feel anything and 2) your body is torn apart so you'll be dead instantaneously too. Some 9/11 jumpers' remains were basically a head and a puddle of slim and bones. Others had their bodies torn in half and had intestines and their stomach hanging out. Instant death. Its basically the same thing a a train going 120 mph and smashing into you against a wall.

As far as access to buildings, most don't go on the roof. A story is typically 10-15 feet. So based on the low end, you need to be at least 20 floors up to ensure instant death on hard surface impact. The Playboy model that jumped from a New York building a couple months ago with her kid rented a hotel room on the 25th floor and jumped from the balcony. Another NYC woman just did trial-and-error. She walked into several buildings and just tried going up as high as possible on the elevators, getting out, and roaming around until she found a balcony and jumped.

But a lot of tall structures allow tourists to go on top. The Stratosphere in Las Vegas is the tallest structure in the western USA. Anybody is allowed on top and many have jumped. It used to be a very popular suicide spot. They added barricades to the top observation floors in recent years, but they are easily scaled and you can still jump. A few people have jumped from the Space Needle in Seattle too by going up top as tourists. It also has barricades on the observation decks, but a determined person can get over them.

Volatile

Volatile

God
Jun 18, 2018
I don't know what suspension hanging is. But after reading a member of this forum tried to hang themselves and had the ability to stop it a few seconds into the process, hanging of any sort is out of the question for me.

Jumping from high enough (200+ feet) and landing on hard surface essentially breaks all your ribs, dislodges your heart, and bounces/smashes your brain around your skull; all at once. There are two things at work there: 1) the shock from all that would shut down consciousness instantaneously so you won't feel anything and 2) your body is torn apart so you'll be dead instantaneously too. Some 9/11 jumpers' remains were basically a head and a puddle of slim and bones. Others had their bodies torn in half and had intestines and their stomach hanging out. Instant death. Its basically the same thing a a train going 120 mph and smashing into you against a wall.

As far as access to buildings, most don't go on the roof. A story is typically 10-15 feet. So based on the low end, you need to be at least 20 floors up to ensure instant death on hard surface impact. The Playboy model that jumped from a New York building a couple months ago with her kid rented a hotel room on the 25th floor and jumped from the balcony. Another NYC woman just did trial-and-error. She walked into several buildings and just tried going up as high as possible on the elevators, getting out, and roaming around until she found a balcony and jumped.

But a lot of tall structures allow tourists to go on top. The Stratosphere in Las Vegas is the tallest structure in the western USA. Anybody is allowed on top and many have jumped. It used to be a very popular suicide spot. They added barricades to the top observation floors in recent years, but they are easily scaled and you can still jump. A few people have jumped from the Space Needle in Seattle too by going up top as tourists. It also has barricades on the observation decks, but a determined person can get over them.

Jumping seems kind of exhilarating. Would it be a good idea to take a couple ambien and wait for the effects to kick in before jumping? I would want to be out of my mind.

YaYaDr

YaYaDr

Student
Jun 26, 2018
Jumping seems kind of exhilarating. Would it be a good idea to take a couple ambien and wait for the effects to kick in before jumping? I would want to be out of my mind.
Unlikely that would work. The adrenalin from the jump alone is enough to offset any effects from the Ambien.

6477244ts5

Student
Jun 13, 2018
You won't feel it because the thing you use to feel pain...your brain...is destroyed so even when those milliseconds or whatever of nerve conduction finally catch up there is nothing to interpret them.

LookMomImFlying

LookMomImFlying

Apr 23, 2018

I don't know about ambien. It could possibly make you too lazy to jump. Might want to replace it with some sort of upper. I'm personally going to drink a bottle of whiskey before jumping. Its the only way I'll have the nerve to walk out to the middle of the bridge and jump. And yes, I'm looking forward to those few seconds of flying before lights out. Those few seconds of totally feeling freedom will be cool.

Volatile

Volatile

God
Jun 18, 2018
I don't know about ambien. It could possibly make you too lazy to jump. Might want to replace it with some sort of upper. I'm personally going to drink a bottle of whiskey before jumping. Its the only way I'll have the nerve to walk out to the middle of the bridge and jump. And yes, I'm looking forward to those few seconds of flying before lights out. Those few seconds of totally feeling freedom will be cool.

A bottle of whiskey beforehand sounds great. I'm not much of a drinker so I'm afraid I would pass out before I even got to jump. How do I know when to stop consuming if I drink beforehand? For some reason, I always thought I had to jump sober so I wouldn't mess up. I stood on the Golden Gate Bridge 5 yrs ago and stared down at the mesmerizing green swirly water but I just couldn't summon the courage.

How do I make sure I land on my head instead of my feet? I imagine my body will be moving whichever way during the fall.

LookMomImFlying

LookMomImFlying

Apr 23, 2018
A bottle of whiskey beforehand sounds great. I'm not much of a drinker so I'm afraid I would pass out before I even got to jump. How do I know when to stop consuming if I drink beforehand? For some reason, I always thought I had to jump sober so I wouldn't mess up. I stood on the Golden Gate Bridge 5 yrs ago and stared down at the mesmerizing green swirly water but I just couldn't summon the courage.

How do I make sure I land on my head instead of my feet? I imagine my body will be moving whichever way during the fall.

Pretty hard to mess up a jump! :) You would have to be extremely unlucky to survive any jump from 200+ feet whether into water or onto hard surface.

It is not humanly possible to control jumps from much over 40 feet. Diving platforms in the Olympics are like 33 feet, or 10 meters. People who can do a perfect dive from those heights are considered super talented. The way you land for a suicide jump is totally random; arbitrary.

chronicpainnomore

chronicpainnomore

Not Circling the Drain Anymore
May 31, 2018
Brain doesn't work in real time?
The thing you have to remember about the brain and nerves is that it is all an electrochemical reaction. Every thought, sensation, and motion transmits along neurons, and that involves each neuron sending a signal to a neighboring neuron. While you think of these things working instantly, they do not. There is a delay even though it is small, and your brain has learned to compensate for this, making it seem instantaneous. In such quick, traumatic deaths such as impact with the ground or GSW to the brain, death occurs before the brain can even process what has happened. I really think that if someone were to jump with their eyes closed so they don't see the ground rushing up at them, everything would just end, like a switch being flipped.

D

Doqtress

Jul 8, 2018
Yes, being too out of your mind is a no-no. Been there, done that! :)
haVolatile, post: 11946, member: 856"]Jumping seems kind of exhilarating. Would it be a good idea to take a couple ambien and wait for the effects to kick in before jumping? I would want to be out of my mind.[/QUOTE]

M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
If not for the bloody mess that it leaves behind and the difficulty to find buildings that are both tall enough and have strangers allowed to get to the roof, jumping would be my method of choice. Pain doesn't scare me and no matter how painful it might be to hit the concrete, it shouldn't last long enough for me to consider it more than a small disturbance.

Fylobatica

Fylobatica

Inactive
Apr 1, 2018
I remember reading somewhere that you'd need to apply a pressure of about 520 pounds (= 235 kg) to a human skull to crush it instantaneously into fine speckles; you'd have to be thrown vertically downwards with the speed of a projectile to get that result, (0% pain). Which rules out this option for the faint-hearted because a perfect jump from a sufficiently high "diving board" can't be achieved by our bodies (it's aerodynamics again)