hoffnungstod

hoffnungstod

Student
Jan 3, 2021
Suicide is one thing, but what about the time after ctb?

Have you ever seriously thought about what your funeral might look like? Or was just the act of suicide on your mind?

Don't get me wrong; I know how just the thought of "How to do it?" can eat you away from the inside and everything else becomes insignificant.

Last time I thought about my funeral very often, because death is becoming more and more attainable for me.
I would like my ashes to be scattered in the baltic sea. No grave, no obligation for others.

What about you?

• Hugs
Reactions: RedHarlequin, SuicideAwaits, EconomcDisparity and 3 others
J

justletmedieplease

Jan 6, 2021
Whatever's left of my body will be laid outside of the official cementary but still on the site, like they do with people who suicide in my country. A few family members will be attending, no friends, I have a few but they aren't genuine and won't bother coming. Everyone will act like my life was amazing and full of potential, they will probably claim they never saw it coming, although I've told them numerous times I would be catching the bus one day.
Personally, I want my ashes to be spread in a nice place - fire completely erases everything, just like I want the memory of me to be erased

Reactions: SuicideAwaits, MiserableBastard1995, blahblahhh and 1 other person
awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
not sure if they are doing funerals at the moment
due to covid.

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Trash Throw Away GIF by MOODMAN

I hope after they find my body they do this ^^

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: RedHarlequin, SuicideAwaits, makingsure4 and 20 others
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
I don't want one

• Hugs
Reactions: Raindryer, MiserableBastard1995, AE2021 and 4 others
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
I've told my family I want a direct cremation, no service, no viewings, nothing, just a cremation by undertaker, then ashes given to family (if they want them.)

• Hugs
Reactions: booray, Aonewayticketplease, blahblahhh and 2 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Fortunately, my parents know I've isolated from the world and lost most of my friends so there will be no funeral for me.
Still, there could be somekind of "see the coffin and corpse before being buried" stuff.
I would like to be cremated but I know my parents won't allow it and in the end, I don't give a damn. I'll just be dead so...who cares?

• Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens and Pookie
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
I hope westboro Baptist church picket my funeral
Trash Throw Away GIF by MOODMAN

I hope after they find my body they do this ^^
For me , just back the wood chipper up...

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, NeverGoodEnuff and Mentalmick
Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
My funeral will have tumbleweeds accompanied by the sound of crickets.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: NeverGoodEnuff, AE2021, Aloken and 4 others
M

MaybeSoon

Experienced
Oct 11, 2019
I don't want one, I was most tempted to off myself at the start of covid lockdown as barely anyone was allowed to attend (sorry if that sounds morbid) but now you're allowed 30 people or something. Not that I think 30 people would turn up but still.. just burn me and spread my ashes, I don't want any sort of fanfare.

• Hugs
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995 and x~Sophia~x
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
Personally I would prefer the traditional 'lots of black and suitably sombre' .

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, x~Sophia~x and justletmedieplease
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
Cremation's good enough for me. Though I highly doubt my parents would respect my wishes anyway. Just toss me in the ocean.

• Hugs
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, thundercat and x~Sophia~x
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
I want a massive thunderstorm, followed by a total solar eclipse then an air raid siren sounding while the dead rise from the ground.

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: Georgiana Darcy, MiserableBastard1995, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I don't really care actually. That's up to everyone else to deal with.

• Hugs
Reactions: Georgiana Darcy, MiserableBastard1995, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 1 other person
Shadowrider

Shadowrider

Student
Jan 26, 2021
Hmmm... They can do it as they wish. The only thing I insist on is not getting cremated - it would be a waste of fuel or electricity. I would rather not pollute the air.
Otherwise, I couldn't care less - after all, I will be dead. Funerals are for the living.

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
If I ctb I will have removed the last shreds of humanity in me. Meaning that I will be able to imagine my family's reaction and still be like "lmao, let's gooo". So a cringe group-psychology, chimpanzee back-hair-grooming ritual will not be on my mind.

• Love
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995 and Shadowrider
Reiraku

Reiraku

May 5, 2020
I'd like to quote Catcher in The Rye on this one.
"When you're dead, they really fix you up. I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody."
That's pretty much how I feel. I just want them to pay the minimum amount, since shelling out a ton of money for a funeral and care of the grave afterwards is a scam. But if they won't do it, that's on them. I don't care too deeply.

• Hugs
Reactions: Callie Arcale and MiserableBastard1995
ClairyFairy

ClairyFairy

Wizard
Jan 22, 2021
I'll be dead in a box at the front

• Love
Reactions: mirko, neitherherenorthere and Shadowrider
Shadowrider

Shadowrider

Student
Jan 26, 2021
I'll be dead in a box at the front
Thank you for making me smile! This was very good. Like, "well, feel free to come and see me at the service. I'll be the dead one laying in the box at the front" yeah.

Reactions: neitherherenorthere
greyback330

greyback330

Student
Oct 20, 2020
as a Muslim ( or a former muslim idk )
i don't even want to think about it
it's so scary for me

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995 and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
I try not to think about it because I am sure even if I ask to be cremated, high chances I won't be (because of prices and the logistics of transporting my body to another city), so it will be the sucky traditional one with my coffin open for anyone in town to see.

Aloken

Aloken

I choose love
Jan 25, 2021
Well in my country only 9 people are allowed in funerals due to covid. I feel I need only 4, really. But if I could attend my own funeral I would like lots of people to come to see their reaction, it intrigues me. On the other hand, I wouldn't want their nasty comments and thoughts about me taking my own life polluting my funeral. My family is allowed to feel this way for a while. And I certainly don't want my old classmates or acquaintances to ever find out I died. I don't want my name to be dragged around those people, especially those that didn't do me good.
I don't really care about the ceremony itself, I just would like to be buried in a specific cemetery, but I found out they no longer bury people there.. This cemetery is downtown, close to some of the best memories of my life. Close to a house me and the person I love used to live. Close to the life I used to live and the person I used to be

• Hugs
Ghostly

Ghostly

Student
Nov 21, 2020
I would like a nice funereal with roses surrounding my coffin I want my body donated to science possibly

Reactions: neitherherenorthere
neitherherenorthere

neitherherenorthere

Experienced
Apr 22, 2020
I always joke about wanting a Tibetan sky burial, but really I just want the cheapest, most expedient thing possible. I'm enough of a burden in life, I don't want my death to cause additional inconvenience. Just leave me to be eaten by coyotes or something. Ideally I'd want my organs donated, but generally CTBing precludes that, so maybe donate my body to science instead and then at least I can be somewhat useful in death. I also don't want any kind of memorial service or even people being there when my remains are disposed of, but at that point it's irrelevant what I want. Funerals are for the living, not the dead, so I'd leave it to the discretion of whoever cares enough to bother. Mostly I'm curious about how people would react, if at all.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Shadowrider
H

HopelessFight

Warlock
Jan 31, 2021
Honestly, I don't care about my funeral. And I don't try to think about it.

J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
A funeral is there for those staying behind.
I'll be gone, whatever happens in the universe after I'm gone does not involve or concern me.
An old cardboard box to be disposed of is a rubbish dump or incinerator will do me for a coffin.

Reactions: Kbeau and neitherherenorthere
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I don't want one
Neither do I, along with anything else in the same vein. Honestly, if it was possible, I would not have any one even know about my death, besides those for which it would be absolutely necessary.

Reactions: Kbeau and AE2021
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021

Reactions: enuff, Kbeau and JigsawFeelin
A

angelfeather

Student
Oct 31, 2020
I've wrote in my will I want a direct cremation. I just hope my family respect my final wishes. Half of my ashes to go to my children and I want the other half scattered in Cornwall. I love that place.

Reactions: Kbeau, enuff and hoffnungstod