• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Is Euthanasia okay?

• Only for people in severe chronic pain.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

undeadalien

Mar 19, 2018
also voted "no matter what". some people can't end their life for physical or psychological reasons, and often these are the ones that suffer the most. however, even more important would be available and less painful means of suicide.

TheDemonPrince

TheDemonPrince

Mar 17, 2018
I believe it should be an option everywhere in the United States, and of course other countries. I initially voted for "
Yes, no matter what, as long as the person desires it." however I think I would exchange that vote for the second option

Reactions: Comatose11
Aqizeth

Aqizeth

Mar 17, 2018
I'm actually glad that no one choose the last option.
I don't get why some people think it should be illegal, as long it's done with the consent from the patient. - "Dying is not a crime."
I also think it's really cruel when not even people in severe chronic pain are allowed to end their suffering, but pets are...

Btw, if anyone is interested i found a map to Euthanasia Regulations here.

K

karamis

Mar 20, 2018
I vote two.

I think it is important to be screened first, as you may not be aware of some new treatments that may help you. You should not be forced into trying a treatment. It should only be a suggestion. I should add that you need to be screened by 3/4 independant therapists before a decision is taken.

If the decision to end your life remains intact after a period of several months. This decision should have its weight (and maybe more weight) than whatever the therapists conclusion was. So I should say that your consistent will to die should be the predominant factor to get euthanasia, in case of therapists voting against it. This measure is to avoid impusilve behaviors.

FredTheCripple

FredTheCripple

Mar 21, 2018
It's your life. You do whatever you want with it as long as you aren't harming anyone.

I seriously wish it were legal everywhere so there were painless options available to everyone. You see, people such as myself can't function properly. I'm pretty much a waste of space who cannot really contribute anything to society.

OneEyedUK

OneEyedUK

Mar 18, 2018
When I first watched the video's from Yale and the guys starts drawing the graphs and talking about the different times in life where someone might choose to CTB, I thought that was an excellent way of showing something.
If you do have some incurable disease, and are going to go down hill at some speed, at what point would you CTB, because there may come a point where you are unable to do so, both physically and mentally.
This aspect of euthanasia is probably one of the biggest sticking points I think... When do you make the decision to do it, and when do you carry it out - because the facts of life are, that its going to be just about different in every single person ???
A very complex issue which I do not think we are going to solve in my life time :(

H

Hikingcat

Mar 19, 2018
The reason I don't believe in screenings is that it gives the therapist/doctor too much power. I've read that people who are trying to actually get the right to PAS have to be screened and it is really demeaning. I'd be more okay with a standard waiting period. Like once you sign up for PAS/euthanasia, it will be provided in 2 months (this is an amount of time I just made up on the spot). That way people wouldn't do it on impulse, but no one could lord it over them that they have the power to take a peaceful death away.

V

Vitosaurus

Mar 18, 2018
OneeyedUK, I watched the entire video too: interesting. I have access to euthanasia and it's still too hard for me..

T

theofylus

Mar 23, 2018
I want to answer a hybrid answer. Because there are many conditions that are very curable(i.e. Hypo-/Hyperthyroidism can cause many neurological issue due to having hormones out of wack. I would hate to see someone with a curable condition commit suicide because of it. So going to some sort of doctor I think would be useful, but regardless of what the doctor says, they should still have the right.

ChizuruN

ChizuruN

Failure at Living, Failure at Dying
Mar 20, 2018
Honestly, I feel that a person should have to go through lots of screenings to make sure this was really what they wanted to do. I don't want people making impulse decisions.

Reactions: tearsinrain
ChizuruN

ChizuruN

Failure at Living, Failure at Dying
Mar 20, 2018
Sounds good, the concept of it.
But eh...I don't trust the government.
I've always liked the concept of it, but I highly doubt it'll ever come to fruition.
In not trusting the government, do you mean 'they won't ever allow this' or 'Things would end up going wrong if this did happen to be legalized'?

A

Aity4883

Mar 28, 2018
I've always liked the concept of it, but I highly doubt it'll ever come to fruition.
In not trusting the government, do you mean 'they won't ever allow this' or 'Things would end up going wrong if this did happen to be legalized'?

I mean who knows what they will do to my body. What if they give me a sedative and use me for whatever the >berries< experiment and......etc

Just rather die alone in peace then with some "professionals" watching me. Better sell the euthanasia pill.

Vox

Vox

Mar 28, 2018
Just rather die alone in peace then with some "professionals" watching me. Better sell the euthanasia pill.

So I'm the 1 joker who voted "Euthanasia is wrong", but I wanted to explain my answer. It has to do with what Aity said... I think suicide, true killing-of-self, should be a very personal thing. I think the moment you feel your life slip away, without any help from anyone else, without any stupid distractions like doctors and crying hypocrites and lawyers or whatnot, could be the greatest individual victory a soul could ever know.

So while I'm firmly in favor of suicide, I'm against the idea of anyone holding my hand while I'm doing it.

My method of choice will be violent and probably painful, but I think that's what makes the calm of death even better. I don't need it to be painless or "dignified" (wtf does that mean anyway? We all shit ourselves). I want the last thought in my brain to be "I did this. It's all me." That moment is the prize for everyone who wants to say FU I'm done with life.

N

N00SE_MAN1A

Dec 10, 2018
I feel that it should be allowed for people who are ill and suffering. This doesnt just mean hospital ill. If someone wants to die they should be allowed to its THEIR life. However for the last one, it depends because if someone does something horrible and tries to escape to avoid consequences that others will be forced to suffer then they should not be allowed.

DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
Well, this was a post a long time ago from a banned user but I think the second one. I don't want anybody making such a choice on pure impulse. I think if there's proper protocol, having the second option would destigmatize suicide as a whole. It would maybe make people see that suicide isn't done by cowardly or out of their right mind people, but rather people that rationally thought through the choice and still chose it. Having doctors back you up would solidify that choice too.

Reactions: TiredOfLife95
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Not enough options. How about homeless people, for instance?

We need, 'for any reason for any adult wishing to die consistently over a time'.

Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
If perfectly healthy dogs and cats can be put to sleep without their permission against their will, why can't people decide to be put to sleep?

MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
Honestly, I feel that a person should have to go through lots of screenings to make sure this was really what they wanted to do. I don't want people making impulse decisions.
Would a yeah of feeling utterly despairing in life - despite no physical ailments & having had various anti-ds be enough ? Apparently I cant have therapy - because of feeling suicidal- it's too "risky" and I highly doubt it would help anyway . Talking therapy can only do so much - especially when it is offered far far too late down the road

R

Reyki6667

Student
Oct 11, 2019
The best method would be a screening with qualified, educated, non religious and not sharing the any mental bias toward the ending of your suffering personnel where they can make a sound judgements regarding your treatments history failure, and jugding if you see while having breakdown or a calm rational mind whishing for death.
In my opinion
Current medical personnel are out of the window for having euthanasia.

Last edited:
H

Heart of Ice

Chillin'
Sep 26, 2019
It's cool if the person is ill or old.

My main problem with euthanasia for all is that the state will somehow get involved -- at least in licensing and that -- and then it becomes a tricky ethical question.

Last edited:
R

Reyki6667

Student
Oct 11, 2019
I chose that one (euthanasia no matter what) because there was no option between that and having to be screened by a psych doc. That type of gatekeeping would still end up keeping genuine and longtime sufferers out. But really I do believe there are cases where it should not be made available, namely in impulsive individuals with truly temporary problems. People of which the platitude "suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem" actually applies to.

So basically we need androids.
I don't think human beings are capable of judging these things in their fellow man without their own head butting in the way.
Unless solutions are obvious, it seems the avenue to death should always remain in one's own hands.

I have though to do that by using ia that will follow you during several month, since it seems new ia can read your emotion by using the scan of all facial muscles, tone of voice, while you answer an interview . It won't miss any sign.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.