• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

jarik

jarik

Student
Jun 12, 2024
Non ho una risposta molto precisa, sono curioso di sapere cosa ne pensi

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Slowly, because you'll soon run out of questions ;).

jarik

jarik

Student
Jun 12, 2024
I was just joking because you're asking a lot of questions in a short period of time.
Oh yes, I ask a lot of questions because I'm "new" in the forum and I want to expose my curiosities. I understand that wrapped I'm a bit annoying, sorry

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Oh yes, I ask a lot of questions because I'm "new" in the forum and I want to expose my curiosities. I understand that wrapped I'm a bit annoying, sorry
Relax.
It doesn't bother me at all.

I like answering questions because I like writing my nonsense.

jarik

jarik

Student
Jun 12, 2024
Relax.
It doesn't bother me at all.

I like answering questions because I like writing my nonsense.
I'm glad there are people like me who are curious to discover new things😃

Reactions: Agon321
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

I was wrong
Sep 19, 2023
sigh. I'll surely regret this:

Does the climate change? Yes
Would it continue to change without humans? Yes
Does human activity have an effect on how much the climate changes? Yes
Does human activity have a controlling influence on how the climate changes? No, solar activity is far more random, important, and out of our control.
Do we understand to a quantifiable degree of certainty the sum effect of all of the different ways that humans influence the climate? No
Since the climate would continually change without humans, can there really be a "correct" climate (eg the average temperature at X is supposed to be Y)? No
Is whatever change brought about by humans necessarily "bad"? Can't know, as there is no "correct" climate
Even if whatever change is brought about by humans is "bad", is it reasonable to believe we could stop it with programs and money? No
Even if we could stop the "bad" that humans do to the climate with programs and taxes, etc., would that be cheaper than simply adapting to the change? No

Reactions: Crash_Bash_Dash, Angst Filled Fuck Up and jarik
jarik

jarik

Student
Jun 12, 2024

Does human activity have a controlling influence on how the climate changes? No, solar activity is far more random, important, and out of our control.
Do we understand to a quantifiable degree of certainty the sum effect of all of the different ways that humans influence the climate? No
Since the climate would continually change without humans, can there really be a "correct" climate (eg the average temperature at X is supposed to be Y)? No
Is whatever change brought about by humans necessarily "bad"? Can't know, as there is no "correct" climate
Even if whatever change is brought about by humans is "bad", is it reasonable to believe we could stop it with programs and money? No
Even if we could stop the "bad" that humans do to the climate with programs and taxes, etc., would that be cheaper than simply adapting to the change? No
You're really right, you were very clear and I think exactly like you

Reactions: derpyderpins
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023

If I were you, I'd start sleeping with my eyes open.

• Yay!
Reactions: Crash_Bash_Dash, Angst Filled Fuck Up and derpyderpins
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018

That's how I feel as well. We're looking at tiny snapshots of time and freaking out when we don't have a large enough stretch of data to figure out what's really going on and how much of it we're responsible for. There have been far greater variances in the climate in the past.

View attachment 142589

If I were you, I'd start sleeping with my eyes open.

She should be in school, she said it herself.

Reactions: derpyderpins
yellowjester

yellowjester

I'm only sleeping
Jun 2, 2024
That's how I feel as well. We're looking at tiny snapshots of time and freaking out when we don't have a large enough stretch of data to figure out what's really going on and how much of it we're responsible for. There have been far greater variances in the climate in the past.
If you went to a hundred different doctors and they all diagnosed you with cancer, and said that you needed urgent surgeries, otherwise you'll be dead within a year, would you believe them, or tell them that their dara was insufficient?

Reactions: sserafim and DarknessInMe
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
If you went to a hundred different doctors and they all diagnosed you with cancer, and said that you needed urgent surgeries, otherwise you'll be dead within a year, would you believe them, or tell them that their dara was insufficient?

That's not the same thing at all. We're being sold the illusion of control - that we are responsible for (and can ameliorate) the situation entirely, when it's not clear what that looks like or how much we as humans contribute to it. Earth has been a place of steaming lava pools as well as ice ages. I can't reliably say what difference us all jumping on the climate nazi bandwagon would make.

pollux

pollux

Knight of Infinite Resignation
May 24, 2024
Mostly negative, but still survivable. So I recommend investing in more solar/wind power and maybe things like carbon capture/geoengineering technologies, but I don't think we need to remake our whole civilization.
Also nuclear, but people tend to not like it

yellowjester

yellowjester

I'm only sleeping
Jun 2, 2024
That's not the same thing at all. We're being sold the illusion of control - that we are responsible for (and can ameliorate) the situation entirely, when it's not clear what that looks like or how much we as humans contribute to it. Earth has been a place of steaming lava pools as well as ice ages. I can't reliably say what difference us all jumping on the climate nazi bandwagon would make.
It's exactly the same thing. The science was already settled in the 70s, and all the predictions turned out to be correct. There's no dispute. We are seeing it unfold right before our eyes.

You've fallen victim to one of the greatest disinformation campaigns in human history.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim and DarknessInMe
jarik

jarik

Student
Jun 12, 2024
Per lo più negativo, ma ancora sopravvissuto. Quindi consiglio di investire in più energia solare/eolica e forse in cose come le tecnologie di cattura del carbonio/geoingegneria, ma non penso che dobbiamo rifare la nostra intera civiltà.
Anche il nucleare, ma alla gente tende a non piacere
I agree, I think humans are completely ruining the environment around us

Reactions: Crash_Bash_Dash
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

I was wrong
Sep 19, 2023
Also nuclear, but people tend to not like it
I have no idea who these people are. I'm not arguing with you, it just drives me nuts because there is basically no downside to nuclear other than the time needed to get it up and running. I've never been talking to someone who is against nuclear, but apparently there are enough people who are scared of it that no one will do it widespread. It's like we can't do it because it will solve a bunch of issues people normally fight over.