mint

mint

Jan 11, 2023
its not much, but i'm a good communicator. when i give myself the chance, and when the person i'm talking to gives me the chance, i can usually keep a conversation engaging.

i wouldn't say i'm "smart" because what even is that, but i know a lot about a lot of different things, even if most of those things are useless LOL

• Love
Reactions: disillusion and je.suis.prêt
Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
Everything. :heart:

Reactions: tessa__mocha, disillusion, je.suis.prêt and 1 other person
Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
i don't really know..

• Hugs
Reactions: disillusion, je.suis.prêt and newave3
disillusion

disillusion

Entp
Nov 6, 2020
I had to think really hard about this. I was going to write nothing but then….

I guess i like or I am Okay with…

I am quite unjudgemental. Many who have known me long time said to me so i believe it. I also think I am relatively much less judgy than others. Quite open minded and transparent, candid myself.

I do try to be honourable to when dealing with others.
I abhor those with ulterior motives or take advantage of others. ( yes i been victim) but I am also horrible judge of characters( Okay i better stop here before i list thousand things i dont like about myself)

I give people benefit of doubts. And quite empathetic and generous

je.suis.prêt

je.suis.prêt

Hjälp mig
Jul 9, 2022
I had to think really hard about this. I was going to write nothing but then….

I guess i like or I am Okay with…

I am quite unjudgemental. Many who have known me long time said to me so i believe it. I also think I am relatively much less judgy than others. Quite open minded and transparent, candid myself.

I do try to be honourable to when dealing with others.
I abhor those with ulterior motives or take advantage of others. ( yes i been victim) but I am also horrible judge of characters( Okay i better stop here before i list thousand things i dont like about myself)

I give people benefit of doubts. And quite empathetic and generous
Being honourable and nonjudgemental must make you an awesome friend to have. I too cannot comprehend having ulterior/malevolent intent toward others (unless it is in self-preservation/defence of course!)

LadyApple

LadyApple

We just want to go home early.
Feb 17, 2020
I've been told by pretty much everyone in real life who have some connections with me that "I was beautiful" some even said"I was the prettiest person they've met their entire life". Granted I don't know too many people and I'm a homebuddy most of the time, and I know some of them were just being nice. and I'm grateful for my appearance. I like that I like to help people when I can and I genuinely want to make this world a better place even at my own cost. Sometimes I think if me dying could save the world I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Reactions: disillusion
je.suis.prêt

je.suis.prêt

Hjälp mig
Jul 9, 2022
I like that I like to help people when I can and I genuinely want to make this world a better place even at my own cost. Sometimes I think if me dying could save the world I'd do it in a heartbeat.
You're one of the lucky few who are beautiful inside and out. It's a shame that circumstances bring people such as yourself to the point of thinking about suicide

LadyApple

LadyApple

We just want to go home early.
Feb 17, 2020
You're one of the lucky few who are beautiful inside and out. It's a shame that circumstances bring people such as yourself to the point of thinking about suicide
Life is equally hard for everyone. Wish you well and sending you love :)

• Love
Reactions: je.suis.prêt
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
I would like to say that i have a beautiful heart

• Love
Surfsup

Surfsup

Cowabunga
Feb 1, 2023
I saw a post in the Suicide Discussion titled "What are your insecurities?"

Life is often unfair.

For most of us, our list of insecurities and things we dislike about ourselves is (much) longer than the things that we like about ourselves, I do not doubt that for even a second. But given this is the recovery section, there must be something about yourself or in your life that you – even slightly – like, right? I too see straight through the hollowness of narcissistic false positivity; "love yourself", "it gets better", "someone else has it worse", "looks aren't important"...

FOH with that BS.

But my question to the recovering folk is:

What (if anything) do you like about yourself? Feel free to answer "nothing"

One of my insecurities is being a bit socially inept, but I do try to be an understanding, empathetic person, so my personality isn't completely horrible – if I do say so myself lål
I like to think I'm rather kind, though not really to myself. I like how I express myself and I like how I have many hobbies. I'm an artist and I take great pride in my work actually

• Love
Reactions: je.suis.prêt and S like suicide
TransilvanianHunger

TransilvanianHunger

Grave with a view...
Jan 22, 2023
I enjoy teaching, and I think I'm rather good at it. Not as a profession, mind you—I've done that a few times and the bureaucracy is soul-crushing—but just spending time with someone, teaching them a new skill or helping them solve a problem. It's always great when you see things click inside their head and they suddenly get it.

• Love
W

whiteupabove

Oct 18, 2022
Depression has made me struggle. But I'm not ashamed of how I have handled the struggle. I feel I have failed to succeed defeating depression, but I'm proud of my effort.

• Love
Reactions: quiet.rabbit, disillusion, je.suis.prêt and 1 other person
Ghostofthepast

Ghostofthepast

Student
Dec 31, 2022
I like my tattoo can't really think of anything else

• Love
Reactions: Abyssopelagic and je.suis.prêt
A

Abyssopelagic

Feb 2, 2023
I think I'm a pretty good and well-rounded cook, and I like how my roommate enjoys my cooking on the occasions where I cook something for her. It's the only time we ever interact, sure, but it's nice to see other people enjoy something that I've made. I do have one close friend offline who tells me I'm an excellent friend and person for having stuck with her through some really bad times that drove pretty much everyone else out of her life. I have a hard time believing that sentiment, but if she believes it that's enough for me. I'm really looking forward to being maid of honor at her wedding later this year

• Love
tessa__mocha

tessa__mocha

I <3 grey skies
Feb 1, 2023
Mostly everything. I like my job, I'm happy with my transition. Antidepressants have been a big help and therapy helps me greatly. I'm happy with my partner and confident in my relationship. I wish all that could change how much the world is coming down around me, I'm happy for the first time and I really can't enjoy it. I still have major pandemic related anxiety too, which really doesn't help.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: throwawayyy, Abyssopelagic, je.suis.prêt and 1 other person
kanashikunaika

kanashikunaika

It's sad, isn't it?
Jan 25, 2023
I like my honesty with myself. I'm usually pretty open with myself about my flaws and my strengths. I'm also brutally rude to myself a lot which lowers my self-esteem, so it's kinda a double-edged sword.

• Love
MelancholyMagic

MelancholyMagic

For my next trick, I will disappear
Dec 12, 2021
I listened to inmendham from a very young age, a privilege few people have experienced. So I guess I like that.

ilovecats

ilovecats

Empty Husk
Feb 1, 2023
My physique. It's the only good thing about me.

Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
I like my resilience and adaptability. I've changed countries and cities all by myself, with just the clothes on my back and knowing nobody, and I've made it. I have a "talent" for finding jobs even in the worst economy. I got myself out of some pretty deep sheet.

I also like my pure heart. I am no saint, but my hatred is always earned and justified. I would never pick on anybody, cause someone to feel bad intentionally or do any kind of harm to a living being. I despise maliciousness and humor at the expense of someone else. I am loyal, and when I love, I love deeply and unconditionally.

I value my introspection and how well I know myself. My propensity toward spirituality. I think before opening my mouth and I don't blurt out offensive or unnecessary things. I like that I can thrive in solitude and I am not dependent on others for attention or validation.

I love my intuition and how well I read people. My sixth sense is sharply developed.

I love that I am adventurous when I am not depressed and I would try everything once.
I like that I am self-taught and I too can speak 4 languages. I have a skill for tongues and I pick up grammar with ease.
It's great that I am a book lover. I prefer it to vices and partying any day.
I'm thankful that I know how to dress with style and elegance is important to me. I have a knack for finding cheap items that look expensive, and for finding matching clothes that are not brought together.

I'm proud that I am not lazy and love to work.
I appreciate that I am trust worthy and never betray something told to me in confidence.
I am glad that I am non conformist and don't follow trends unless I agree with them.
I have no problem saying "No" and putting myself first.

I like my body too. I am blessed with an hour glass figure, long silky hair, and flawless complexion. I would change a few things here and there, but overall, I am content with my looks. It has been a good body. Served me well and I am sorry to leave it behind. It is the memories and the perspective that I want out of.

Last edited: