Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
He or she has realized that no one in their life truly cares about them, INCLUDING their own family.

• Aww..
Reactions: Forever Sleep
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Some people definitely care about you, this applies to everyone.
But when I realize my family doesn't care about me I like to get drunk. It's a temporary cure for the problems.

Reactions: LittleBlackCat and Darkover
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
He or she has realized that no one in their life truly cares about them, INCLUDING their own family.
Just accept it as normal. Not really a concern of mine.

Reactions: Seered Doom and Darkover
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
Realized as a young child and tried to cope with it by making masks to get others to like me, but it didn't work

Reactions: LittleBlackCat and Darkover
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
The reaction would depend on a variety of factors.
If that person is already capable of self-sustaining, then it is possible to leave matters as is and attempt to find other people that might show them the "care" that they want.
Expression and indeed "caring" is unique to each individual so.. there is a possibility that they may "care", they just arent expressing it in such a way that the recipient recognizes as "care".

Reactions: Darkover
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
When I have realised that with some people. Even more than that though- it may be a realisation that maybe they do care deep down but they can't be relied upon- I try not to rely upon them! That way- there's less disappointment. I try to be grateful for what they do give me but I think I just realised quite early on that most people are out for themselves. They'll put their own needs first. An awful lot of people- even family are 'fair weather friends.' They'll do stuff when it suits them. But yeah- l suppose I try really hard to have less emotional attachment to them to try to avoid getting hurt.

Reactions: Darkover