• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

mlmc045

mlmc045

Dec 6, 2020
I'm really struggling with uni work at the moment, so I am basically avoiding it at all costs, which makes the situation worse but that's a problem for future me.

I try to complete a Sudoku puzzle (usually just easy ones, but even they can take me ages). I was doing this daily and found it really helped, so would like to get back into that habit. Even if I don't get out of bed, at least I get to feel like I've achieved something. Also sometimes it gets the momentum going, and then I can do another task

At the moment, leaving the house feels momentous, but that's usually through coaxing myself to walk to the nearest shop for orange juice or something.

I enjoy the satisfaction of cleaning. Even if it's hard to get going or just something small like hoovering my room or washing the dishes, I do feel better afterwards

Having a cat means I have the responsibility of making sure she has fresh water, food, a clean litter tray, etc so it means I have to get out of bed, even if I crawl back in after

Would love to know what you guys like to do, even if it's for temporary fulfilment

Sending love and light❤️

Nutshell

Nutshell

I’d feel better dead.
Feb 23, 2020
Just getting out of bed seems to be an accomplishment these days! Or sleeping at night.. when I'm feeling more productive, I like a good clean too. Especially reorganising and cleaning creative space and materials.. Cat companion sounds wonderful.:hug::heart:

CoalmineCanary

CoalmineCanary

Jul 15, 2020
I know these seem like simple chores but having the strength to vacuum and getting a load of laundry done seems like an accomplishment to me. The daily care of my cat helps give me a sense of routine as well. Yesterday, I went for a brisk walk at the park in the cold for an hour. It felt like I "did" something as this is something I rarely do.

What I really wish is to be able to focus on reading a novel. I'd like to be able to immerse myself in a story and and find satisfaction in finishing it. Unfortunately, my attention span currently doesn't allow for this and this was a source of pleasure for me. I hope it returns soon. Just getting through the day always a surprise.

mlmc045

mlmc045

Dec 6, 2020
Just getting out of bed seems to be an accomplishment these days! Or sleeping at night.. when I'm feeling more productive, I like a good clean too. Especially reorganising and cleaning creative space and materials.. Cat companion sounds wonderful.:hug::heart:
I hear you, I'm having trouble sleeping too which makes the day even worse. Hope you get a good night's sleep soon

I LOVE organising/ reorganising when I feel able to! Are you a creative person?

Having a pet is wonderful, would recommend if you can

I'm proud of you❤️

Last edited:
mlmc045

mlmc045

Dec 6, 2020
I know these seem like simple chores but having the strength to vacuum and getting a load of laundry done seems like an accomplishment to me. The daily care of my cat helps give me a sense of routine as well. Yesterday, I went for a brisk walk at the park in the cold for an hour. It felt like I "did" something as this is something I rarely do.

What I really wish is to be able to focus on reading a novel. I'd like to be able to immerse myself in a story and and find satisfaction in finishing it. Unfortunately, my attention span currently doesn't allow for this and this was a source of pleasure for me. I hope it returns soon. Just getting through the day always a surprise.
They definitely are accomplishments.

You're doing really well, did you enjoy your walk? The cold makes me feel alive but I do struggle to get myself out for a walk

I hope your ability to read novels comes back soon too! I haven't been able to read a book in so long, and my teenage self who used to DEVOUR books is very disappointed in me. One of my goals is to try to get back into reading, even if it's a couple of pages at a time to build it back up (sometimes even a page feels difficult and then I get upset)

Surviving day to day is a big thing, proud of you❤️
Having patience with the kids when they are being too much, and as silly as it sounds I feel good about myself when I clean the house, cook, or get groceries.
Being patient with children is SO difficult. I have no idea how mothers do it day in, day out. You're doing so well, and it doesn't sound silly at all!! ❤️

Last edited:
Nutshell

Nutshell

I’d feel better dead.
Feb 23, 2020
I hear you, I'm having trouble sleeping too which makes the day even worse. Hope you get a good night's sleep soon

I LOVE organising/ reorganising when I feel able to! Are you a creative person?

Having a pet is wonderful, would recommend if you can

I'm proud of you❤️
I am/try to whenever I feel I can be! Motivation and inspiration are precious. Are you also?
You know, I think having a pet would do me the world of good, sadly not in a pace where I can keep one. Sleeping within the "normal" time frame proves to be rather difficult quite often!
Thank you lovely, I'm proud of you too. :hug:
Having patience with the kids when they are being too much, and as silly as it sounds I feel good about myself when I clean the house, cook, or get groceries.
Having patience with kids whilst juggling mental health and life in general is tremendous accomplishment on it's own, you're bossing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: CoalmineCanary
D

Deleted member 19276

Wizard
Jun 28, 2020
I would say cleaning, yes! House chores, taking out the trash, washing dishes and etc.
But sometimes, it's simply attempting to help others too, even if the said help does not prevail.
Rather than that, anything can be viewed as an accomplishment really.
From the house chores, to being supportive to eventually climbing a mountain!

mlmc045

mlmc045

Dec 6, 2020
I would say cleaning, yes! House chores, taking out the trash, washing dishes and etc.
But sometimes, it's simply attempting to help others too, even if the said help does not prevail.
Rather than that, anything can be viewed as an accomplishment really.
From the house chores, to being supportive to eventually climbing a mountain!
Helping other people does feel good
I know that was just an example, but are there any mountains you want to climb?

D

Deleted member 19276

Wizard
Jun 28, 2020
Helping other people does feel good
I know that was just an example, but are there any mountains you want to climb?
A few here in my country, yes.
I used to be into extreme stuff like parkour and freerun, it's not far from the idea I'd love to do something like that.
You weren't far from the truth in other words.

• Love
Reactions: mlmc045
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
I'm really struggling with uni work at the moment, so I am basically avoiding it at all costs, which makes the situation worse but that's a problem for future me.

I try to complete a Sudoku puzzle (usually just easy ones, but even they can take me ages). I was doing this daily and found it really helped, so would like to get back into that habit. Even if I don't get out of bed, at least I get to feel like I've achieved something. Also sometimes it gets the momentum going, and then I can do another task

At the moment, leaving the house feels momentous, but that's usually through coaxing myself to walk to the nearest shop for orange juice or something.

I enjoy the satisfaction of cleaning. Even if it's hard to get going or just something small like hoovering my room or washing the dishes, I do feel better afterwards

Having a cat means I have the responsibility of making sure she has fresh water, food, a clean litter tray, etc so it means I have to get out of bed, even if I crawl back in after

Would love to know what you guys like to do, even if it's for temporary fulfilment

Sending love and light❤️
Good instinct trying to get even something small done just to get the ball rolling. Might I suggest the Cracking the Cryptic Sudoku apps? They are available on Steam/iOS/Android and are full of interesting hand-crafted puzzles that will help you improve. They also have an accompanying YouTube channel, which has blown up during the pandemic, where you can watch solves and pick up tips. I started off barely able to solve anything and have gotten a lot better with their help (plus it's entertaining).

mlmc045

mlmc045

Dec 6, 2020
Good instinct trying to get even something small done just to get the ball rolling. Might I suggest the Cracking the Cryptic Sudoku apps? They are available on Steam/iOS/Android and are full of interesting hand-crafted puzzles that will help you improve. They also have an accompanying YouTube channel, which has blown up during the pandemic, where you can watch solves and pick up tips. I started off barely able to solve anything and have gotten a lot better with their help (plus it's entertaining).
Thank you so much for your response!! I'll definitely check it out. I love sudoku YouTube videos and am always looking for good channels so I really appreciate the recommendation❤️ Just did my first sudoku in ages and I feel like a star hehe

• Love
Reactions: NumbItAll
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019

This. Also, I write. To see a text grow gives me a great sense of accomplishment.

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I like to write too. What do you write? Sometimes it feels so hard to put pen on paper, but sometimes the words just flow out which is really satisfying

Very different things. Two history books (nothing fancy), a fantasy novel (will probably never be published), a crime novel (will probably never be finished), and some poetry (so-so, just for fun).

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I'm studying japanese and it's sooo hard that I feel "accomplished"

PS: I used to love the Sudoku Puzzles! Nice way to train your brain!

mlmc045

mlmc045

Dec 6, 2020
I am/try to whenever I feel I can be! Motivation and inspiration are precious. Are you also?
You know, I think having a pet would do me the world of good, sadly not in a pace where I can keep one. Sleeping within the "normal" time frame proves to be rather difficult quite often!
Thank you lovely, I'm proud of you too. :hug:

Having patience with kids whilst juggling mental health and life in general is tremendous accomplishment on it's own, you're bossing it.
Sorry I just realised I didn't respond. I do like being creative, it's really cool embracing and expressing beauty in its many forms. I also love seeing the creativity of other people. Recently I came across these magnificent 'flower pressed cookies' and decided I need to get my hands on some pretty edible flowers so I can bake some myself

Really hope you get to experience the joys of having a fluffy friend in this life! Hope your Saturday is wonderful❤️
Very different things. Two history books (nothing fancy), a fantasy novel (will probably never be published), a crime novel (will probably never be finished), and some poetry (so-so, just for fun).
Which periods of history? Sometimes it BLOWS MY MIND that very different significant things happen(ed) in the world at the same time. I hope to one day see your fantasy novel AND your finished crime novel on the shelves of a bookstore. Poetry is wonderful, it's been a while since I've indulged in any. Happy Saturday x
I'm studying japanese and it's sooo hard that I feel "accomplished"

PS: I used to love the Sudoku Puzzles! Nice way to train your brain!
I can't even imagine!! Are you enjoying it? Any progress in learning a new language is worth celebrating. Good job:hug:

Last edited:
CoalmineCanary

CoalmineCanary

Jul 15, 2020
I really enjoyed reading and finishing "Pillars of the Earth". It was a satisfying story and its epic length was an accomplishment. Not to derail the thread but I think its neat that you write about history.

Reactions: Sensei
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I really enjoyed reading and finishing "Pillars of the Earth". It was a satisfying story and its epic length was an accomplishment. Not to derail the thread but I think its neat that you write about history.

Thank you, but my history books are non-fiction. Again, I write very different things.

omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
i write music (in a neoclassical style).

i've nearly finished writing something 10 minutes long, don't know if it's "good" but it's not like anything else i've done and it's the longest thing i've written yet so i'm pretty psyched

mlmc045

mlmc045

Dec 6, 2020
i write music (in a neoclassical style).

i've nearly finished writing something 10 minutes long, don't know if it's "good" but it's not like anything else i've done and it's the longest thing i've written yet so i'm pretty psyched
I love that for you! That's amazing, well done.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I feel a temporarily fleeting happiness before it quickly wears off and I go back to my usual state of disappointment and mundane feeling of life.