• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

3AM

3AM

Cigarettes
Nov 10, 2023
(Sorry for poor English my English sucks) I just wanted to know can money really buy happiness? Like if I do hardwork and become rich and successful will that make me happy? I personally think it can but temporary but if it's true then what's the point of chasing your dream and doing hardwork when you eventually gonna feel sad and lonely again because of your other problems. Many people say money can make you happy but there were many people/artist who were famous, rich and some of them even had family and love and most likely everything a person need in their life then what made them commit Suicide? Can money really make you happy?

LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
Money can buy happiness for people whose problems are money-related (and they are numerous). I have some money from my dead mother, it allows me to survive while benefits are unavailable to me for an unknown reason (I should get them, but I don't because the administration is shit). I would be homeless without it because I can't work. Life would be worse without money, but I can't say it would make me happy to be, let's say, a billionaire, because I'd still be stuck in my head with my rotten brain.

S

Stinger4771

It's never too late. Unless you’re dead.
Jul 26, 2023
I'm lucky enough to have not lived in poverty, but I gather it sucks pretty bad. I think to be happy, having enough money to live is necessary. But money wont just magically make you happy, you need more than that; you need a purpose, friends etc.

OCDsufferer

OCDsufferer

no longer human
Apr 17, 2024
Well if you do hard-work you'll just end up hard-working with almost the same amount of money and no happy moments to look back on because you wasted your time working.

That aside for most people yes. Most people are often sad because they don't have money security. With money security you can buy food, pay rent and even if something else but money is making you feel down you can always go to a therapist or do some other thing to help you feel better. Even if money cannot buy happiness for all, it certainly gets very close. And of course crying about something is always better when you have food on the table.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I think that money makes your life easier because it's a tool that allows you to do stuff and get things. Money enables you to go traveling, eat good food, "enjoy life", etc. Your life is only easier if you have more money. You can never have enough money in my opinion. Everything in this world costs something, and the price is usually money. Nothing is free

Last edited:
Guy_Smiley

Guy_Smiley

Just another lost soul
Jan 4, 2024
I think that money makes your life easier because it's a tool that allows you to do stuff and get things. Money enables you to go traveling, eat good food, "enjoy life", etc. Your life is only easier if you have more money. You can never have enough money in my opinion. Everything in this world costs something, and the price is usually money. Nothing is free

Love is free. Even Jennifer Lopez said, "My love don't cost a thing".

B

betternever2havbeen

Elementalist
Jun 19, 2022
The scary thing is you can always live beyond your means-even if you're rich don't underestimate how quick it can all be gone. If you're good with money it's probably ok but I feel like money always brings it's own set of problems-just different ones. I don't know what if anything could ever make me happy so I'm pretty sure money won't make much difference.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
While money can't buy you happiness, it can buy you the comfort, time, and resources needed to find it. Some people grew up happy even without a shit ton of money at their disposal. That guy I like (it's funny that I refer to him as my bf in my head but I'm too scared to do so while on here, lol) says that his childhood was a very happy one and that he has a lot of happy memories and he doesn't come from wealth. I honestly think it's beautiful and heartwarming. My point is that money cannot buy happiness and there are people out there who don't come from a financially well-off background who end up experiencing a lot of happiness in life, however, money can provide you with a lot of the means necessary to obtain happiness.

Guy_Smiley

Guy_Smiley

Just another lost soul
Jan 4, 2024
From my personal experience, I firmly believe that the old adage, "Money can't buy happiness", contains a lot of truth. People who don't have money and are very unhappy on a deep, profound level often think that money would solve their problems and make them happy, but it is a mirage. If one is truly an unhappy person, and that unhappiness comes from deep within, then I really don't think that all the money in the world will change that. Again, I'm only speaking from personal experience, but I have observed this in many other wealthy people as well. For instance, I personally know two billionaires that are profoundly unhappy people and have confided in me their suicidal thoughts.*

*And before anyone asks, no, they won't put you in their wills. Trust me, I tried :))

Last edited:
sirciroc

sirciroc

Feb 4, 2024
It's straight up bullshit. Money would solve a lot of my problems right now. The lack of job security is actively fucking me up. I think it would be more appropriate to say that it can't buy happiness after a certain point. What that point is? Idk. Depends on what you want

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
"Money can't buy happiness"

Is a bullshit platitude said to make poor people feel better !!!

Money can't buy happiness but being broke can't buy anything !!!!

I know that some who have money aren't happy but they have their wealthcare to help figure it out.

Lookingtoflyfree

Lookingtoflyfree

Student
Jan 11, 2024
I invite and welcome money to buy my happiness - PLEASE DO! :D

I absolutely would WILDLY happy if I didn't have to worry money. If I didn't have to work and could travel? I wouldn't complain. The people who say it doesn't buy happiness are fools. Ask them if given the choice of turning down free money and not a single person is going to say no.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I invite and welcome money to buy my happiness - PLEASE DO! :D

I absolutely would WILDLY happy if I didn't have to worry money. If I didn't have to work and could travel? I wouldn't complain. The people who say it doesn't buy happiness are fools. Ask them if given the choice of turning down free money and not a single person is going to say no.
Literally. I'm a NEET right now but my parents expect me to work eventually, and I wish we were rich enough for me to never have to work. We're upper middle class but not part of the 1%. I wish we were billionaires or something

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
If I had enough money to where I never had to work and can make other people (or AI) be responsible for me, I'd be happy. Not having any challenges in life would make me happy

Guy_Smiley

Guy_Smiley

Just another lost soul
Jan 4, 2024
Money allows you to get joy though. It's a tool that allows you to get more out of life and "enjoy" life. With money, you can go traveling, go on fancy vacations, splurge, go to 5 star Michelins (I know there are only 3 Michelin stars, but 5 star Michelin is a term used to describe best of the best), etc

But for some people, those things only bring superficial, ephemeral enjoyment and happiness. And after a while, they can cease to bring even that. Some of the times I've been the most unhappy in my life were when I was on what should have been fabulous vacations (e.g. touring beautiful historic places, dining at the best restaurants, staying at the nicest hotels, etc). I knew how fortunate I was to be able to do these things, and I felt like I should be happy and enjoying it, but this just made the empty sadness feel even worse.

I actually really envy people who can truly enjoy life by having/spending money, and I don't doubt that there are people for whom this is the case. But money isn't a panacea for everyone. If it were, then rich people wouldn't CTB*

* I know not everyone on this list was rich, but many were. It's also just a list of 21st century suicides. The list would of course be much longer if it went further back in time. It also would be much longer if it also included people who attempted (but survived) suicide.

B

bipbapbop

Experienced
Mar 7, 2024
But for some people, those things only bring superficial, ephemeral enjoyment and happiness. And after a while, they can cease to bring even that. Some of the times I've been the most unhappy in my life were when I was on what should have been fabulous vacations (e.g. touring beautiful historic places, dining at the best restaurants, staying at the nicest hotels, etc). I knew how fortunate I was to be able to do these things, and I felt like I should be happy and enjoying it, but this just made the empty sadness feel even worse.
Very well said.

I actually tried to CTB immediately after a dream vacation this year. Like literally the day after I got home. Something about being able to have exactly what I had dreamed about and not being able to enjoy it really fckd me up.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
A long time ago I read about a study (I don't remember it exactly) but they researched how much money makes happy. The conclusion was that up to an income of about 8-10k USD/month there is an increase of happiness while above this amount happiness does not increase any more.

It's true money can't buy happiness if there are other unsolvable issues in ones life that even millions can't fix but when money is the unsolvable problem then there's no happiness either bc money is the fuel of our society.

M

MarkSmith73

Apr 14, 2024
(Sorry for poor English my English sucks) I just wanted to know can money really buy happiness? Like if I do hardwork and become rich and successful will that make me happy? I personally think it can but temporary but if it's true then what's the point of chasing your dream and doing hardwork when you eventually gonna feel sad and lonely again because of your other problems. Many people say money can make you happy but there were many people/artist who were famous, rich and some of them even had family and love and most likely everything a person need in their life then what made them commit Suicide? Can money really make you happy?
It can give you peace of mind and relief from worries so in my book that is happiness.